Apr 12, 2018
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Convertible 2019
Province
ON
Just took delivery of my 2019 GS convertible. Would appreciate advice on a) where to get a good front plate holder to replace the factory one and b) where to go for a decent car cover. All tips would be appreciated.

Reactions: MiroB
Reactions: NorthernZ
There are quite a few around but these 2 types seem to be popular.

14-19 Front Factory License Plate Holder Aero Panel (ND) | Corvette Central

Some guys like these holders.
Corvette Front License Plate Mount, "Show & Go", with Remote, 2014-2017

You can find a cover at any Corvette parts place (like above) or even Canadian tire probably. I went with the factory GM indoor cover as it fits perfect and has a very soft lining. Pricey ya but it's my Corvette so for me its worth it.

Derek

Thanks very much Derek. I will follow up on your suggestions. That license plate holder that came with the car really bothers me as it will definitely cause a paint problem over time. Thanks again.

Brian

Bo,,,Is your plate holder mounted to the nose at the top of the grill? You should have also received the aero plate holder with your car that is mentioned in ddgermann's post #2. I got this holder from Top Flight Reproductions in Maine..A well made product easy to order and comes in the regular
41913575862_1fb174aec0_z.jpg
C02C534E-339D-452B-BE66-6DC232CEE111.JPG
mail. The 2nd picture is the aero plate holder..

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Bo,,,Is your plate holder mounted to the nose at the top of the grill? You should have also received the aero plate holder with your car that is mentioned in ddgermann's post #2. I got this holder from Top Flight Reproductions in Maine..A well made product easy to order and comes in the regular View attachment 17598View attachment 17599mail. The 2nd picture is the aero plate holder..

Thanks DYoung. Yes my plate holder is mounted to the nose at the top of the grill. I really don't want that holder touching any painted surface, which it is now. I also have the aero plate holder, but I don't want to use that with bending the plate, as I want to have a transparent cover over the plate. I like your option 1 and am going to look in to that. Thanks for your response. I have a friend in Sidney - owns a 55 Chev convertible with a continental kit. You may have seen it around town - a good friend of mine. Thanks again for replying. Brian

Thanks DYoung. Yes my plate holder is mounted to the nose at the top of the grill. I really don't want that holder touching any painted surface, which it is now. I also have the aero plate holder, but I don't want to use that with bending the plate, as I want to have a transparent cover over the plate. I like your option 1 and am going to look in to that. Thanks for your response. I have a friend in Sidney - owns a 55 Chev convertible with a continental kit. You may have seen it around town - a good friend of mine. Thanks again for replying. Brian

Bo Doodley......I have a 2019 Stingray LT1. When my wife and sons gave me the car, they had directed the dealer on delivery "don't put the front licence plate on it", since they thought that mounting the bracket would entail drilling holes in the body. With the car under the rear hatch was an "aero-style" front plate holder with insert plastic bushings supplied separately. I popped off the "Corvette" plaque from the licence plate bracket, mounted up the frame with the plastic bushings which when tightened extended fingers on the rad side of the grill and secured it. Then mounted up my plate (damn you, Ontario! Why do you really need a front plate?) on the flat surface with a front transparent plate cover which fit nicely inside the flat area of the mounted bracket assembly. Don't be afraid to take off the Corvette plaque, it comes off easily, leaving a wide/flat surface to secure the licence plate.

LLC

• Useful
The Top Flight product has the same curve as the aero plate. Looks like the show and go is flat, but it says it won't fit ZO6 which has the same nose as GS. Another one to look at is Sto and Show from Big Mikes Performance Parts. It's bracket comes out under the splitter making the car even lower..We have a # of 55,s around here. Will watch out for him..Doug.

Last edited:
I also told the dealer to not install the front plate holder, and installed the Aero as soon as I got home from the dealer along with the extended mud guards.

You could use the Aero, and if you want to use a plate cover, maybe you can use a heat gun and soften it enough to bend it to match the bent plate.

Thanks for the question on front plate holder, I also hate the stock one and will look at these options. For covers, I ordered the indoor GM factory cover, fits like a glove!

Attachments

• car_cover1.jpg
    car_cover1.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 33
  • car_cover2.jpg
    car_cover2.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 33
I have played around with several optional plate holders for my 2017 GS and I am now back to the original Aero holder that came with the GS - not the one the dealers like to mount, the one that comes as extra in a plastic bag. I also added a smoked plastic cover sold by crappy tire. I used a heat gun to get the plastic frame and cover to bend a little and then left the car in the direct sun one day and tightened the fasteners a bit every hour or so. The assembly gradually bent to conform to the GS grill just fine.

I use the aero plate holder, no problem with the very small radius bend . The licence plate and clear plexi glass cover ( Cdn Tire) fit just fine .

Thank you everyone for the timely tip on the aero plate holder. I only have 500 km on my GS so the damage hadn't happened to the paint on the front bumper yet. I installed the aero plate holder yesterday, worked out great & looks far better. Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.