Note the C7 aero plate is not the same for the Stingrays as it is for the GS. I put a GS grille in my Z51, and I used the GS aero plate mount - there is no aftermarket mount that looks better, in my opinion.
I did use the aero-plate after all, and everything has worked out fine. Thanks for your response. Brian

What do you need a front plate for?

If they have to turn around and catch up to you to tell you that you're doing something wrong, you are in the wrong gear.
What is the penalty for no front plate in Canada?
Texas also "requires" front plates but it is loosely enforced. I have 2 sons who are Dallas police officers. Both told me not to disfigure the front end of my new C7 and to expect no more than a warning if I was stopped by a chickensh@% officer. They offered to pay any fines I might get for no front plate.:Woohoo:

• Clever
Reactions: ddgermann
License plates are regulated by the individual provinces. Alberta, the province that I live in, does not require a front plate and in fact doesn't even issue one. Some other provinces like British Columbia and Ontario do require them. I am not sure what the fine might be. Perhaps another member might chime in on that.

To me, it's like tinted windows. You aren't supposed to have them, and technically you can be fined for having them, but most often the police will let it go. If you are being a dick (or they are) and they wanna give you a fine, there's an easy one. Otherwise, no big whoop.

I can't speak from experience on the license plate as I have never had a problem with it. I've had tinted windows on all of my cars since the late 90's, and I've been ticketed I think twice in twenty years. I've had tinted plate covers for more than ten years, and been ticketed for that once, but even that seems rare too.

One of our MITM (no names) received a ticket in Saskatchewan Friday for tinted windows at an RCMP check stop. A fine plus a requirement to remove the tint and have it verified by an Alberta RCMP office. Yes. It was Chicken s**t as it was only a 35% tint which is legal in some provinces.

Good link to various tint laws in Canada, Canada Window Tint Laws | Car Tinting Laws

The Constable that confirmed the 35% tint was removed just shook his head. They only care about being able to see into the car night or day. Fair enough can’t fault them for that. The tint in question was specifically chosen for that purpose and did offer day and night vision into the car.
He asked what the whole thing cost me and I said $115 for the ticket, $100 to remove the tint and as soon as I leave.. $200 to put it back on. He busted out laughing. 🙄

The Constable that confirmed the 35% tint was removed just shook his head. They only care about being able to see into the car night or day. Fair enough can’t fault them for that. The tint in question was specifically chosen for that purpose and did offer day and night vision into the car.
He asked what the whole thing cost me and I said $115 for the ticket, $100 to remove the tint and as soon as I leave.. $200 to put it back on. He busted out laughing. 🙄

Pretty obvious you got a bad rap from a disgruntled Constable. Obviously caught his wife sleeping with the mailman, his dog s**t in his boot that morning, his neighbour backed over his garbage can, he got reprimanded for spending too much time at Tim Hortons and he had a HUGE case of carbon fiber envy.... :rofl:

Should have borrowed a buddies car with no tint and showed him that😎

Would have worked great till he looked at the registration and plate number.
Then I would have really been in the *hit...
These guys are far from gullible. Better for me to be straight and not make things worse.
But by all means try it and let us know how it works out for you. 😂

• Happy
Reactions: Tin-can
Tint is such a bullsh!t charge. They say that it is because they need to be able to see into the car to make sure you don't have any weapons (we already have laws that say we aren't allowed to carry weapons), and that the tint can restrict your outward vision at night. Every modern car these days has power windows and it is a simple flick of a switch to be able to clearly see in or out. When I get pulled over, both windows go all the way down so that I can be seen and show that I'm not hiding anything. If I'm having trouble seeing something at night, I put the window down. Pretty simple.

The benefits of tint are tremendous. The amount of heat that it cuts down on is amazing. It's really not just about how cool it makes the car look, it is quite functional and practical.

Tint is completely legal in much more dangerous places, like Arizona and Texas where everybody has a gun in their car, and they manage to deal with it just fine. Get on the loudspeaker, tell 'em to put the windows down and then keep their hands on the wheel.
Sorry for your luck, Derek. Sometimes what they see is the dufflebags full of money that you keep inside those widebody fender wells. Surely if you can afford a car like that, you must be a drug dealer.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Bo Doodley......I have a 2019 Stingray LT1. When my wife and sons gave me the car, they had directed the dealer on delivery "don't put the front licence plate on it", since they thought that mounting the bracket would entail drilling holes in the body. With the car under the rear hatch was an "aero-style" front plate holder with insert plastic bushings supplied separately. I popped off the "Corvette" plaque from the licence plate bracket, mounted up the frame with the plastic bushings which when tightened extended fingers on the rad side of the grill and secured it. Then mounted up my plate (damn you, Ontario! Why do you really need a front plate?) on the flat surface with a front transparent plate cover which fit nicely inside the flat area of the mounted bracket assembly. Don't be afraid to take off the Corvette plaque, it comes off easily, leaving a wide/flat surface to secure the licence plate.

LLC
I did the same thing with my aero style front plate holder. I mount the plate for street driving and remove plate and pop on the Corvette insert for shows.

I have just modified the factory one

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 24
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 24
The salesman who sold me my vette told me he has been driving his vette in London Ontario for over two years with no front plate. Just don't drive like an a**hole or attract unwanted attention. I read the fine is $110.00 so I'll take the chance and not put the plate on the front, (for now).

While I waited for my Stingray convertible to come I kept looking at pictures of that beautiful front end, and how it is truly spoiled by a front plate. I made a holder for my C6 and decided to make another for the C7. Here is a picture of my holder. I made this one up quick so it is a bit rough around the edges but I am going to make a better one shortly. To make it, I trimmed the plate so that the number and the Ontario letters show enough to be somewhat legal. I then cut a piece of fairly thin aluminium to fit it and enough of a tab to bend under. I drilled two holes to match the two screws under the front bumper. I then used the existing screws to attach the whole thing. I made it and attached it in less than half an hour with no special tools.
DSCF0515.JPG
. It might not be to everyone's taste but I sure like that wide open grill. Reminds me of the 1953 model in Polo white.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.