YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Not much gets by the "observant" driver. My Wife just found a sign for a new build here in Calgary that just may be a flagship location for a Cadillac only Dealership that we may all start to see in Canada. What really has my attention is this location. Dealerships that are nearby are dedicated Lamborghini, Porsche and a speculated Ferrari Location. There is also what looks to be a High-end Speciality Detailing Shop already under construction. What is not nearby is Dealerships that I think are the competitors of Cadillac. I draw a speculation from this that might be a stretch. Is it possible that a Brand Spanking New Mid Engine General Motors C8 "Supercar" coming out will be under the wing/roof of Cadillac or partner in some way. This would support what a few "dealer birdies" are tweetin to my ears warning me not to wash away a thought that the Canadian Loonie Dollar MSRP of the up and coming fully loaded GM mid engine sports car just might be starting with a "2" ...
Oh snap !!!
We will have to wait and see along with whether a Chevy-priced version of a C8 Corvette remains -
as I think it would be foolish to chew off the arm that feeds you ...
Me thinks my speculating of this signage might have just stirred a Hornets Nest ...
CalgaryCadillacDealershipComing.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Not much gets by the "observant" driver. My Wife just found a sign for a new build here in Calgary that just may be a flagship location for a Cadillac only Dealership that we may all start to see in Canada. What really has my attention is this location. Dealerships that are nearby are dedicated Lamborghini, Porsche and a speculated Ferrari Location. There is also what looks to be a High-end Speciality Detailing Shop already under construction. What is not nearby is Dealerships that I think are the competitors of Cadillac. I draw a speculation from this that might be a stretch. Is it possible that a Brand Spanking New Mid Engine General Motors C8 "Supercar" coming out will be under the wing/roof of Cadillac or partner in some way. This would support what a few "dealer birdies" are tweetin to my ears warning me not to wash away a thought that the Canadian Loonie Dollar MSRP of the up and coming fully loaded GM mid engine sports car just might be starting with a "2" ...
Oh snap !!!
We will have to wait and see along with whether a Chevy-priced version of a C8 Corvette remains -
as I think it would be foolish to chew off the arm that feeds you ...
Me thinks my speculating of this signage might have just stirred a Hornets Nest ...
View attachment 8643 ....
I've been keeping an eye on a facility called " The vaults " up off Country hills Blvd and Deerfoot trail. It's quite the structure going up. Can only imagine what will be housed i there.

Motor Authority reported that GM will produce both the C7 & new mid-engine C8 will be produced in tandem. So, consumers will have a choice of either car. They showed a beautiful color photo of the new C8, and wow, what a gorgeous car. The C8 will be a much more expensive vehicle: you won't be getting into a base car for $70K to be sure - probably $150K+ which will still be way cheaper than any comparable super car on the market. Talking about 750HP with 4+Litre new engine as the power plant. I believe 2019? I just hope there will be a convertible?

Back in the day they sold high end standalone.... 30 years ago, you got limited on the used cars and other makes you could sell if it was a Ferrari or Lambo dealer. Corvette like Cadillac could be spun into stand alone products easily.

Just read an article .... "Will the Mid-Engine Corvette Use Twin-Turbo V8 Cadillac Power?"

Bumpity bumpity bumpity bumpity bumpity with my post of a year ago ....

New Calgary Cadillac Stand-alone Dealership right among the Lamborghini, Ferrari and Maserati Dealerships
is something we just had a feeling was maybe not for just the Cadillac line of CTS, CTS-V, ATS, ATS-V, XT5, XT4, and on and on ...
We will soon see ??? .... Engine says "Cadillac" but only on the "Cover" ... :Lurk5: Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy ... kids

2020-mid-engine-chevrolet-corvette-c8-youtube-regarding-2020-chevrolet-corvette.jpg
1521467862491-2.jpg
1521467862491-3.jpg

Last edited:
You know, if the C8 looks as good as this rendering, I might be convinced to like it. Sitting here at my desk onboard and sizing up the picture of the twin turbo Caddy engine, it struck me that the positioning of the exhaust would fit in right nice with the C8 layout. The whole package looks like it was made for the C8.

Reactions: YFCvii
You know, if the C8 looks as good as this rendering, I might be convinced to like it. Sitting here at my desk onboard and sizing up the picture of the twin turbo Caddy engine, it struck me that the positioning of the exhaust would fit in right nice with the C8 layout. The whole package looks like it was made for the C8.
"scary thrilling" ... hint of a C7 type ZR1 nose there ... and the tease for the back from the same article
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
Hmmmm. I think I've built the C8 into too big of a thing in my brain....looks a little bit plain to me....which isn't something I've ever said about the C7....crap... Maybe I'm a victim of the video game cars, where more scoops = more speed. :rofl:. I'm not saying it isn't nice, just hoping for a little more pop where it would look a little more exotic....but then again, some people may not want that. I bet it'll look great in the flesh.

Hmmmm. I think I've built the C8 into too big of a thing in my brain....looks a little bit plain to me....which isn't something I've ever said about the C7....crap... Maybe I'm a victim of the video game cars, where more scoops = more speed. :rofl:. I'm not saying it isn't nice, just hoping for a little more pop where it would look a little more exotic....but then again, some people may not want that. I bet it'll look great in the flesh.
... all drawings are conceptual of course as Corvette Designers grin with the true knowledge of how this thing will actually roll off ...
Honestly, with the way GM has shrugged showing off the ZR1 in the Western Canada Auto Shows,
I am beginning to not really give a crap about the C8 and its unveiling. I will be just fine with the car once all the "preshow" is done and behind us.
This does make for entertaining reading for me as the hints continue to pop up here in Calgary.

Last edited:
I have to admit, the more of this rendering I see, the more I like. I even like this rear end treatment better than the C7 :jawdrop::nailbiting: and that might get me sent to the penalty box (or worse) by the purists out there that want their round tail lights back

Reactions: YFCvii
0E17D9BE-A8B4-4830-84D8-FFC1B7832502.jpeg
196974D5-10C1-4655-92E3-B30977FA41ED.jpeg
1270F643-E428-4BA9-950F-C8A30E8DD3FB.jpeg
3E87FFFE-1850-43A2-A1F4-E29CE97A1C71.jpeg
9311D38E-5E1E-4EB2-92F4-078D184B6D20.jpeg
E97162C2-21E4-4850-921B-FBEB3B0AFECD.jpeg
Well Spence,I hate to rain on your parade but,after a few questions with the contractor at the new building and a stop at Jack Carter,this place is going to be a “stand alone” Cadillac dealer. I also stopped at Envision Auto and Shaun,Derek’s friend verified the same question.

No Corvettes whatsoever. The guy I talked to at the JC dealer said that the new building is being built so that they can move the Caddy inventory to the new place to make room for the Corvettes.

Here’s a few shots of Derek’s “old” Z06 as well at Envision Auto.

Cool Mike.

Lol. I bought that car from Shaun and traded it for my 17. Now he has it back. Good price for that 3LZ too. Only 4000 more Kms on it since I traded it. I put lots of carbon fibre on that one too. :Biggrin:

Well Spence,I hate to rain on your parade but, after a few questions with the contractor at the new building ...

There's no parade of mine here ... even if this turns out to being just an odd place to just sell Cadillacs ..
never have I said here that this Dealership is "Corvette fact" and I hereby proclaim I know nothing of the fact along with many other things as I'm not a contractor ... (lol)

Most interesting however, just might be that Cadillac and Corvette is being mentioned in a same articles as of late and just how Calgary's (Western Canada's) First stand-alone Cadillac Dealer is building soooo close to Porsche and away from its more Competitive Dealers a mile away. If building beside Competitors doesn't matter, JC already has Prime Land and Location sitting empty on the Southwest Corner of Macleod Trail and Glenmore Trail (the retail giant Chinook Center) ... it continues to just be entertaining to see.

So, just saying this might be sounding like a duck, talking like a duck and acting like a duck .... and even if they knew, nobody at JC owes anybody who just walks in "the simple facts" ... I am very used to that there and in unrelated competitive Business. JC already boasts that they successfully sell Cadillac and Corvettes side-by-side without any apparent agony ... just staying open to the thought and knowing that nothing will surprise me either way and with a note and hope that JC either sells and/or cleans-up their skeleton remains of the empty sites by Chinook Center after this is all done - it is a true eye-sore ...

Last edited:
and even if they knew, nobody at JC owes anybody who just walks in "the simple facts" ... I am very used to that there and in unrelated competitive Business. ...

Could be the fact the salesman who sold Dad his Malibu and has been his friend for 30+ years has nothing to hide?? I don’t know,I’m just relaying what he told my father and myself this morning as dads car is there for service.

Could be the fact the salesman who sold Dad his Malibu and has been his friend for 30+ years has nothing to hide?? I don’t know,I’m just relaying what he told my father and myself this morning as dads car is there for service.
I'm not disproving anything of what you mention Mike ... it should not be a big deal if I share my illusions of wondering about seeing an alleged "duck" ...

Last edited:
YYSSW ... no C8 Corvettes ...
and still a bit strange to me having this built/located in with the exotics dealerships ... thx Nik for moving this to a general topic section now 👍🏻

Now open (for a few weeks) decided to check it out now that the construction equipment has left. Nice Cadillac Stand Alone Dealership. A First for us here 👍🏻

5D3771FC-24B6-442A-804E-3A81F17BB331.jpeg

43EAB81B-090F-497D-A783-941FB2E45018.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.