I would not be opposed to an alternate date, as I agree with Pep…standing around in the rain sounds un-fun. However, I am torn…as I would love to see that beautiful Black Rose C7 of BDK’s (I love that color).
I am coming and if it is raining we can visit in the car wash.. No one will be using it in the rain..

Howdy.
I was just planning my route from St. Albert to Prairie Boys Car Wash. If this meet happens, I will take a slightly more scenic route through Devon to Leduc then south on highway 21. Google Maps estimate the drive at almost two hours. I will be getting on the road at 8:00 AM if anyone wants to join me for a slightly longer drive?

Corvette Trip to Ponoka.jpg

My trip back home will be drive by Pigeon Lake .....

Meridian Lake to Home.jpg

FYI There is a antique/funky junk store on main street Calmar that Cathy and I visited years ago. I might stop in there for a snoop?

:Cheers2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pep
Howdy.
I was just planning my route from St. Albert to Prairie Boys Car Wash. If this meet happens, I will take a slightly more scenic route through Devon to Leduc then south on highway 21. Google Maps estimate the drive at almost two hours. I will be getting on the road at 8:00 AM if anyone wants to join me for a slightly longer drive?

My trip back home will be drive by Pigeon Lake .....

View attachment 95668

FYI There is a antique/funky junk store on main street Calmar that Cathy and I visited years ago. I might stop in there for a snoop?

Just as an FYI..if you go west instead of east then north through Warburg and past Genesse Power Plant that is a really nice drive. We go that way from down there and coming back from RMH area pretty much all the time.

Eric what IS the plan at the car wash for socializing now that the burger lady won't be there? Are we allowed to just hang out inside the wash bays. If it is raining could still see some big rigs using it seen that before but yeah as BDK says less likely to be busy/used.

Not sure if the car wash would be cool with us in the bays but that being said, weather channel has revised the forecast to cloudy with sunny breaks as of this morning and upped the temp to 13. Worse comes to worse, we can meet at the car wash, judge accordingly and take the run out to Stoners Landing on the lake and grab some pictures of a dedicated bunch. Then head down into Bentley and hang out in the Monkey Top for some eats and the ever popular BS session before the run back home. The Monkey top is a great rustic little restaurant/saloon that serves great food and a famous Caeser that is more like a meal than a drink...lol. Bentley is a nice little Town and they also have an kewl little antique and whatnot shop on main street called Merry's Mercantile. Merry is a regular customer of mine and I will also be dropping off a Coca Cola sign she just purchased from me yesterday.

I'm still hoping for a dry day but I'm making the meet one way or another. Hope to see you all there.

Hi Pep.

Yes, I have taken the highways past Genesse Power Plant numerous times in my truck(s). On my return trip from my fishing/hiking excusions to the NSR via Rocky Mountain House I take HWY 22 north home and jump off on one of the "east" highways.:)

I haven't drove through the lakes area in a couple of decades though. There are some nice old farms and acreages to snoop. .... I spotted a Ferrari in a driveway once. ;)

Not sure if the car wash would be cool with us in the bays but that being said, weather channel has revised the forecast to cloudy with sunny breaks as of this morning and upped the temp to 13. Worse comes to worse, we can meet at the car wash, judge accordingly and take the run out to Stoners Landing on the lake and grab some pictures of a dedicated bunch. Then head down into Bentley and hang out in the Monkey Top for some eats and the ever popular BS session before the run back home. The Monkey top is a great rustic little restaurant/saloon that serves great food and a famous Caeser that is more like a meal than a drink...lol. Bentley is a nice little Town and they also have an kewl little antique and whatnot shop on main street called Merry's Mercantile. Merry is a regular customer of mine and I will also be dropping off a Coca Cola sign she just purchased from me yesterday.

I'm still hoping for a dry day but I'm making the meet one way or another. Hope to see you all there.

That is where I was kind of leading. That sounds fine. Socializing in the rain has ZERO appeal to me too old for that s**t LOL. Rather do it an eating establishment. Think we were at the Monkey Top before if I am not mistaken and it is more than fine.

and yeah that is the first change for the forecast and I expect as per normal it will change again tomorrow evening or early Friday morning 😂

Reactions: Dik
Bentley might still have a neat bicycle shop as well to visit
3 wheelers and stuff
Hi Jeffer.
Thanks for the tip. Cathy and I might check that out this summer.
I have been considering starting an Off Topic thread so we can post locations of antique or just interesting shops in small towns in Alberta and possibly Saskatchewan too. Cathy and I really enjoy a top-down cruise through small towns on the back highways. FYI There was a nice antique store in Millet we popped into but that was a few years back, I'm not sure if its still open. 😉
.... Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the shops stocked with "off shore" junk. .... If I ever see another plastic 3 inch totem pole I will launch! :Banghead:

Hi Jeffer.
Thanks for the tip. Cathy and I might check that out this summer.
I have been considering starting an Off Topic thread so we can post locations of antique or just interesting shops in small towns in Alberta and possibly Saskatchewan too. Cathy and I really enjoy a top-down cruise through small towns on the back highways. FYI There was a nice antique store in Millet we popped into but that was a few years back, I'm not sure if its still open. 😉
.... Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the shops stocked with "off shore" junk. .... If I ever see another plastic 3 inch totem pole I will launch! :Banghead:
This one's for you....

s-l300.jpg