It’s official now my car is parked for the winter.
I went for my last ride on Saturday and a fun ride it was.
I raced a Hellcat Redeye from High River all the way south to Nanton where we hooked up at Tim Hortons.
The first thing he said as he exited his car was”what have you done to your car”?
I’ll post some dash cam video later on.
I just have to try and edit his license plate off the video first.

I raced a Hellcat Redeye from High River all the way south to Nanton where we hooked up at Tim Hortons.
The first thing he said as he exited his car was”what have you done to your car”?
Dave:
I'd be wondering why you would want to black out a licence plate on a vehicle that you were in front of. 🤔🤔

I’m going to assume the the road from High River to Nanton is somewhere in Mexico?
That is where we all go to open it up.

nudge nudge. Wink Wink.

graham
Dave:
I'd be wondering why you would want to black out a licence plate on a vehicle that you were in front of. 🤔🤔
Because he kept jumping on the gas before a official start.
He was very anxious,I kept trying to slow hm down to 70kph and then go for it but before we could get down he would jump and take off a around 100kph
He would blow by and I would run him down and pass him and trust me he wasn’t letting up.
I broke my speed record according to my gps.

That is a great story! Sorry to hear about your back and the sea can. That must have been terrible to go through and I hope you’ve fully recovered. That is phenomenal with all the stuff you’ve done to your car. Really good read. Thanks for posting the adventure!!!

Reactions: smokindave
My answer would have been "just a CAI, headers and a tune".... That would have made him think.... lol...

My answer would have been "just a CAI, headers and a tune".... That would have made him think.... lol...
I did tell him that I had few bolt on mods to it.
I asked him if his car was a Hellcat and he comfirmed that it was and that it was also the redeye edition with 805 hp.
He did say that after that beating he would be looking into doing some mods.lol

That is a great story! Sorry to hear about your back and the sea can. That must have been terrible to go through and I hope you’ve fully recovered. That is phenomenal with all the stuff you’ve done to your car. Really good read. Thanks for posting the adventure!!!
Thank you.
No I am not healed up yet but am on list to see a spine surgeon.
Cheers

Hey all,now that my car is parked for the winter I’m sitting back thinking about this winter’s modifications.
I’m thinking I will change out my supercharger pulley from a 3.25” to a 3”.

I’m happy with the performance as it is but already have the 3” pulley so why not…:)

I’m getting 8 lbs boost right now and from what I have read the 3” will get 10lbs boost.
At 8lbs I’m making 659 hp at the wheels.

I will be looking at maybe upgrading my seats to aftermarket and a bolt in roll cage with 6 point belts.
Some drag wheels and slicks are also on my want list.

I would like a front splitter on my car but am worried about ripping it off or damaging it on driveway curbs and speed bumps.
Hopefully someone can advise me.

cheers

Hey all,now that my car is parked for the winter I’m sitting back thinking about this winter’s modifications.
I’m thinking I will change out my supercharger pulley from a 3.25” to a 3”.

I’m happy with the performance as it is but already have the 3” pulley so why not…:)

I’m getting 8 lbs boost right now and from what I have read the 3” will get 10lbs boost.
At 8lbs I’m making 659 hp at the wheels.

I will be looking at maybe upgrading my seats to aftermarket and a bolt in roll cage with 6 point belts.
Some drag wheels and slicks are also on my want list.

I would like a front splitter on my car but am worried about ripping it off or damaging it on driveway curbs and speed bumps.
Hopefully someone can advise me.

cheers
I have had a splitter on my C7 for a number of years now and have never scraped it. The rubber airdam below it yes, but not the splitter. The other thing is, unless you run it square into a curb or the like, even if you do scrape it, the scrape will be on the bottom where no one will see it anyway. As far as nasty driveway curbs and the extreme sharply raised speed bumps, I approach them at an angle to get my tire on the rise asap. That raises the front end of the car right away...If you're the least bit careful Dave, you will be fine... JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.