Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Wanted to get home early tonight from the school to get ready for my new job tomorrow. When I went to leave, I put the key in the ignition and the DIC told me to remove key, wait 10 seconds. Did that, then after I put the key back in, the service column lock came message came on the DIC. The car had the recall for the column lock done by GM already. I know that because I had to do a recall check when I bought the car, I could still move the steering wheel and if I drove quicker than 1 mph, the fuel would cut off to the engine. Searching all my resources, I cleared all the codes in the BCM, disconnected the battery, nothing changed, pulled fuse 25, waited 10 minutes, did not help. Needless to say, after 2 and a half hours of screwing around I thought I could just baby it home as I am only a km from the school. I tried it for about 5 minutes before I got nowhere and after restarting the car 6 times because I went over 1mph, I was worried about the wear on my starter and clutch, so I called a tow truck. I know this is a common problem on C5's but I am pissed off at the car because of all times for this to happen, I wanted to be ready in time for my new job tomorrow and I still had to get all my things ready. Plus, I have no idea who can deal with this situation in Saskatoon.

Plan of attack:
Let the car sit until I can deal with it, then
try a new battery and order a CLB. Does anyone know who sells Column Lock Bypass kits in Canada? I have heard good things about the ones from Corvettes of Houston but prefer to support our guys first. The next problem is that this issue with the service column lock has to be resolved before I can install the CBL. Also, I need to find someone with knowledge on EFI live or another tuner that can move the 2mph fuel cut off limit to 200mph so I don't get stranded like this again.

Rant over. Just tired and very disappointed.

Yes Roworrior you can come out in your " Regular" ride, but you may have to park on the side. I have stopped by with my Blazer, and nobody seemed to care.
And just a heads up to all....if I do make it out , I will need some Mental support, for I tried to attach the crome letters on the bumper and....well...
all I can say is #*@!!!@#*!!!:mad:

Hi Rod,

Well, I should have the Vette back BY this weekend. If not this Thursday, I will be out next... maybe I should drop by even with my regular car....being that Riley CAN'T bring his Vette either (LOL)

There. I fixed your quote for you.:D I don't think I will have the car out for a while until I can find a way to fix the car. Russ Kemp offered help and could help, but the car needs to be in Regina, so I still need to find someone locally. I need someone here that I trust, does tunes and knows the computers in these cars. If I land a more permanent job, I may think about investing in tuning supplies and software so we have someone that can perform these duties...
Until then, if I can save the funds, I will try a new battery and column lock relay...

Yes Roworrior you can come out in your " Regular" ride, but you may have to park on the side. I have stopped by with my Blazer, and nobody seemed to care.
And just a heads up to all....if I do make it out , I will need some Mental support, for I tried to attach the crome letters on the bumper and....well...
all I can say is #*@!!!@#*!!!:mad:

I have the solution for your problem, Canadian Tire and other hardware stores sell a product called GOOP (probably you have heard of it.

GOOP would do the job, but it if doesn't....when it dries you can just peel it off and no damage done to the car's paint whatsoever!!!

All I have to say is tinted windows....and that is what the ticket was for. That is also the reason why I put my windows down with my remote when a cop pulled up beside me and Mike's cars last Sunday in the Dairy Queen parking lot. Then I forced Mike to take a 20 minute walk with me while I waited for the cop to leave....no luck...but thankfully there were a group of bikers distracting him when we walked up so I jumped in my car and got the crap out of there. Hehe. I am such a rebel. You guys better watch out!