I covered the pool table and set-up the 1/32 track yesterday.... time for some fast laps.
I hadn't run my new C3 & C7 Vettes yet.
IMG_1025.JPG

They run really smooth.
Graham

The grandkidlets were in town for thanksgiving so we set up their 1/43rd track in the living room.

But honestly my son and I had more time on it!!

Today I'm watching the NASCAR Talladega race...
Recreated here on the coffee table.

Graham

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    836.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I've decided that if anything ever happened and I had to be confined somewhere, I could only hope that wherever that might be, that the entertainment room was designed by Graham! :Cheers2:

Reactions: nascar03
Graham that high bank mini Talladega Track is a beauty. I can only imagine how the spotters were feeling by the end of that one. :Ack2:

As the commentator was saying this track is very hard on the equipment. Eyes too! Love it.:thumbs:

Hey guys....Stumbled across some pretty spectacular drifting that I thought you might enjoy.... :rolleyes: Definitely thought of you Graham when I saw this.... This could be the new set up in the trunk of the Monte...:Biggrin:

Graham.... Having had the pleasure of visiting you and getting the grand tour of your amazing collection of cars (and the other man toys), I totally believe those new race cars followed you home. If I were a scale car with any brains whatsoever, I would want to live at your house. :thumbs:

Given the influx of newer members with an interest, if any of you are reading this, it's definitely worth the scroll back through this and some other threads to have a look.... My favorite is still the drift track mounted in the trunk of your Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo..... :)

Murray...
They are working on systems where we can probably race our cars via Bluetooth across the country.!
It's another fun hobby.
These McLaren M8Ds are very fast, made by SLOT-IT.
The blue #12 was sponsored by Led Zeppelin back in 1972.
View attachment 5127
My 55' multi-turn track can be covered in <5 seconds.
Graham

Years ago,on a racing BB I was on,one of the members had pics of that McLaren in that Zeppelin livery at a race at Mosport. If I recall it was to promote the upcoming North America tour they were on. Very cool car as was that Canam series. Loads of power in those cars.

Mike..
I've never heard the big-block CAN-AM cars in real life.
I'll bet they are awesome.
I've seen Facebook & YouTube vids that exciting to hear/see.

I'll bet Murray has heard them many times.
Maybe a cruise down the PCH to Monterey for the Historics should be on the bucket list.

Graham

IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0813.JPG
Mike..

Maybe a cruise down the PCH to Monterey for the Historics should be on the bucket list.

Graham
Mike..

Graham
Have you been able to find this liveried car Graham in slotcar type? One can only imagine the fear as you climb into this thing. 1500 lbs,1100 BHP and 400 litres of fuel !

Monterey would be a bucket list for sure. I'd need the Cdn buck to come up before I could even consider a trip that far. I've been to Laguna Seca before though. 2 indycar races in the mid 90s. Beautiful place.

Last edited:
Graham, great video. No "nannies" on that machine.

I have told this story before but in 1973 I was off work with a really bad cut on my hand. The Mosport Can Am was on and I went up a couple of days before the race when Donohue debuted the Porsche 917-30 Sunoco Can Am. Things were different then, you could just wander around, no one questioned why you were there. I ended up sitting right beside my hero Mark Donohue on the pit wall with the race car in arms length. He was in a bit of a foul mood as the belly pan had come loose on the back straight, you could hear the boom from the pits. He had been in a huge testing accident the year before with the 917-10 L&M Porsche at Atlanta when a body part came off. He missed most the 1972 season with a badly broken leg (I think he came back to win in Edmonton). George Follmer took over the car and won the Championship that year. At the time I was too shy to talk to him, a decision I have forever regretted. Donohue lost his life in August of 1975 at the Austrian Grand Prix F1 race.

The Porsche motor whined, popped and screamed while the Chevrolet Big Blocks literally thundered. It was perhaps a time in motorsport that was truly unique. Aerodynamics, huge tires and massive horsepower all came together. The Can Am racers were the fastest race cars in the world at the time, faster than F1. No real rules build it, come and race it. The Shadows are a perfect example of that. They were more like go karts, running on tiny little tires and wheels with big block power, throw a turbo on to go a little quicker. Insane.

Thanks again for the video.:thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.