Wow. Oshawa cops must not have anything better to do or they have Corvette envy assholia disease. .We got lots of one plate members that have never been bothered. Too bad... It definitely takes away from the look.

Not taking shots, but how you treat the officer and your list of previous offences also have an effect.

I don't have any tickets, no speeding, no parking, nothing, and I'm honest when I'm giving my reason for not having one, so I often get away with not having a front plate.

You only get pulled over where the missing front plate is the ONLY reason when the MTO is doing a blitz. Other than that, they'll ticket you for no front plate if they pulled you over for any other reason. Speeding for example.

My experience, and the experience of people I've spoken to about it. Take it with a grain of salt.

Not taking shots, but how you treat the officer and your list of previous offences also have an effect.

I don't have any tickets, no speeding, no parking, nothing, and I'm honest when I'm giving my reason for not having one, so I often get away with not having a front plate.

You only get pulled over where the missing front plate is the ONLY reason when the MTO is doing a blitz. Other than that, they'll ticket you for no front plate if they pulled you over for any other reason. Speeding for example.

My experience, and the experience of people I've spoken to about it. Take it with a grain of salt.
Very good point but I am 53 years old and have never had a ticket in my life. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement officers who are only doing their job and I am very polite when I get pulled over. I cannot make any excuses as the law is the law. I know it is only an equipment issue but its like saying I didn't know I had to get my sticker on my birthday. Vanity for the look of my R8 taught me a valuable lesson twice ( I am a slow learn).

Very good point but I am 53 years old and have never had a ticket in my life. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement officers who are only doing their job and I am very polite when I get pulled over. I cannot make any excuses as the law is the law. I know it is only an equipment issue but its like saying I didn't know I had to get my sticker on my birthday. Vanity for the look of my R8 taught me a valuable lesson twice ( I am a slow learn).

That's poopy. Sorry, that happened to you. I had my plate on and off my Vette since I got it and have only been pulled over once when the MTO was doing a blitz. No ticket, just a warning. I pass multiple cruisers every day and they don't even bat an eye.

I do intend on getting a quick-release mount someday. Zip ties aren't very attractive. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: X-R8
Latest shipment.

1585794149632.jpeg
1585794149632.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Bucketoy
I hear ya. Waiting on mine too but lives are more important. If I don't get mine this year I am ok with that. These are serious times that nobody could have predicted.
Party pooper! ;)
Are you waiting on a vert also? I still think they will build the verts 3 weeks after production starts back up. I'm holding out hope for June 1st. (22 for verts)

Reactions: kerry4 and JoeyBats
Would-a, Could-a. Should-a... Gonna be a lot of TPW sad dates this summer I'm thinking... I feel sorry for you guys watching those dates go by...

Well I broke down today and contacted GM on updates to TPW. My original TPW was May 4th and it now has been moved to July 4th. So if I were a betting man, I would think that perhaps, GM plans on a May startup. Again, no formal statement yet and who really knows. And yes lives are first priority. It is just a waiting game now. We shall see what happens.

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread