My car was built on May 26 and left Bowling Green early the week after to get to Ingersoll Ontario on June 2nd. As your car goes to USA I am not sure that the same system (FreightVerify) works over there or if they are using a different system. Good luck to get your car soon. What is the final destination?
No my car is also coming into Canada! It's going to Alberta. With that being said it was first shipped to Kansas City, and I'm not sure how long it will sit there for before it moves somewhere else. Hopefully no more than a few days. A friend of mine with the same final destination had his shipped about 9 days before mine and it also went to Kansas City, sat there for about 4 days and then it was shipped by rail to Wisconsin. No clue how long it will sit there for and where it will be off to next lol

There has to be a way better tracking system available for us consumers....

No my car is also coming into Canada! It's going to Alberta. With that being said it was first shipped to Kansas City, and I'm not sure how long it will sit there for before it moves somewhere else. Hopefully no more than a few days. A friend of mine with the same final destination had his shipped about 9 days before mine and it also went to Kansas City, sat there for about 4 days and then it was shipped by rail to Wisconsin. No clue how long it will sit there for and where it will be off to next lol

Now that it's been verified that Freightverify is usable by all dealers we know that they can track your car by whatever method it goes.
Destinations west of Manitoba go via rail from a U.S. site mostly. Occasionally it will go to a northern destination by truck, but not often. It all depends on the numbers and the final destination. Always cost is a factor in shipping.

Do you know for sure that it typically goes directly to Western Canada locations via rail from a US site? My buddy's car went via rail from Kansas City to a railyard in Superior, Wisconsin. I was wondering if it may get trucked directly from there over to his dealer in Edmonton, AB or if it gets brought into somewhere else in Canada and then trucked over from there.
Now that it's been verified that Freightverify is usable by all dealers we know that they can track your car by whatever method it goes.
Destinations west of Manitoba go via rail from a U.S. site mostly. Occasionally it will go to a northern destination by truck, but not often. It all depends on the numbers and the final destination. Always cost is a factor in shipping.

You can have the OnStar activated on the car and then you will be able to follow the car on the MyChevrolet application.
The sad part of this is that you will burn days on the 30 days free period.
This will not make your car to move faster and your frustration level will raise everytime you will check and see your car not moving.
But, it will also put a smile on your face at the minute that the car will move.
If you use the App, remember to not lock the car.

I have called the GM customer service last week to complain about my car been in a parking lot for more than 20 days. I am not sure that it make any difference but my car moves 4 days after.
You may try but do not expect a lot from that call.

Do you know for sure that it typically goes directly to Western Canada locations via rail from a US site? My buddy's car went via rail from Kansas City to a railyard in Superior, Wisconsin. I was wondering if it may get trucked directly from there over to his dealer in Edmonton, AB or if it gets brought into somewhere else in Canada and then trucked over from there.

My 2020 was shipped by train to Calgary, unloaded onto a truck, then trucked directly to the dealer in Calgary. It took almost exactly a month, from the date of production. I assume yours will travel the same way to Edmonton. I'd suggest talking to your dealer, to confirm, since the dealer should know based upon their past experience. Your dealer should also be able to track the car and tell you within +/- one day, when it's likely to show up at the dealership. That's what happened with my Calgary dealership. If you don't get good answers from your salesman, consider asking the sales manager.

I've posted this on these Forums before, but consider asking your salesman in advance:

1. to take photos of your C8 being delivered: on then just off the truck, then being unwrapped (if possible by him or a co-worker) since everyone has a smart phone these days with a good camera;
2. to retain copies of ALL the paperwork, that comes with the car. So not just the front windshield (aka: Monroney) sticker, but the various other factory papers left in the car.

Consider whether you want the dealership to clean the outside of your car. If you're ++ fussy and depending upon your exterior paint colour (ie. black is REALLY easy to create swirl marks), you may not want to risk them doing that. Disregard this if you're having the dealership PPF/ceramic coat your car.

Finally, post photos once your new wheels get here. I'd like to know what colour to watch out for, on our Edmonton streets. If I see you, I may knock on your window and ask for a tour. Congrats!!

You can have the OnStar activated on the car and then you will be able to follow the car on the MyChevrolet application.
BE VERY CAREFUL doing that!
It takes it out of transport mode! You can drain your battery and screw up a lot of things.

Reactions: DoughBoy403
BE VERY CAREFUL doing that!
It takes it out of transport mode! You can drain your battery and screw up a lot of things.
That's a very good point. I've also heard of people playing around with it to honk their horns, flash their lights, lock/unlock. Obviously wouldn't be my intention, but doesn't seem like there is any other way to really track the vehicle's shipping progress without waiting for dealer updates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread