wilyvet

Casual User
Dec 16, 2014
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
With the election of the LCD party in Alberta, the values of Alberta companies have fallen and those whose gainful employment provided enough to buy a Corvette will soon be more heavily taxed. Corvettes will be sold.

the law of supply and demand

The point is that reducing disposable income in Alberta among those able to afford Corvettes will result in less demand for Corvettes. By the law of supply and demand, the price of Corvettes in Alberta will decline. This will present opportunities to buy Corvettes at relatively low prices in Alberta, a situation which should be of interest to those interested in buying a Corvette. Some readers of the Canadian Corvette Forum are presumably interested in buying a Corvette. Some members of the Forum will likely consider this belaboring the obvious.

asking MSRP

Ordinarily one doesn't pay the asking price for a car. Of the dozens of vehicles, new and used, I've bought in the last 60 years, the 2015 Z06 is the first for which I agreed to pay the asking price (MSRP).
It will be interesting to see how much the changed political/economic circumstances in Alberta will affect the prices of high-end cars. The value of listed Alberta companies had already fallen 7% two days after the election.

Do you really think GM is going to sell cars at a loss in Alberta, just because of a change in Government..... No they will just restrict supply and sell to the Wealthy Onatioans.

If You think your going to get a cheap C7, keep on dreaming.....

The last time we had flies in the storefront windows out here in Alberta was courtesy of the Trudeau NEP.

The NDP won't affect car sales.

I guess to expand just a bit, the Corvette is a bit of an odd duck with respect to the order process as so many want their own configuration and are willing to wait for that build. In that sense, it is any thing but a buyers market. Dealer purchased pre-configured Vettes, on the other hand, are meant to be moved...

Talk to a guy yesterday who stopped me in the Costco parking lot. Ordered his 2015 Vette last June, now having to take a 2016 , they couldn't get him one before the build was over. That's why I went to Toronto to get mine , smaller town dealers like London just not getting enough allocations. Discount to MRSP, not here , not yet.

I totally agree that it is far more difficult to get a discount on a C7 order versus a dealer spec car. Also you have to worry about even getting an allocation. There are at least 20 C7's for sale at dealerships around Edmonton so a 5K discount is easy to obtain. Big deal though as these cars have gone up more than $10K since the C7 first came out. I really want to buy one. Damn I need to sell my Porsche!

R u the guy at 34ave the other day taking the drive in a yellow 2015

With the neat coloured porsche

If so they offered 10g off list to me as they thought I sold my GS privately

Jeffer

Yup that was me. Finally sold my Porsche so the hunt is on for a C7. They still have two of the 2015's for sale at that dealership. Good time to buy now with the discounts off MSRP happening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.