Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Tires
Category: Parts
Retailer: Canadian Tire Corporation
Expiry Date: Mar 20, 2019

Description: Continental Extreme Contact Tires which have a good reputation with the Corvette crowd of all generations. They had quoted me before so I know the savings are real.

Ordered 2 x 255/40/17 and 2 x 295/35/18 for my stock Z06 wheels. The original Goodyears had seen their best years and I like to run the stock wheels on occasion. I have $840.00 in five cent Canadian Tire money so pity the poor person behind me in the cash out line. :Biggrin:

Up to $240.00 off on a set of four.

Approved by: Poll results

Description: Continental Extreme Contact Tires which have a good reputation with the Corvette crowd of all generations. They had quoted me before so I know the savings are real.

Ordered 2 x 255/40/17 and 2 x 295/35/18 for my stock Z06 wheels. The original Goodyears had seen their best years and I like to run the stock wheels on occasion. I have $840.00 in five cent Canadian Tire money so pity the poor person behind me in the cash out line. :Biggrin:

Not sure what you paid for them but that's a decent discount. I ordered my C7 Z51 19" & 20" sizes from Quatro Tires and paid under $1400 for all 4 with shipping. Awesome tires, I would purchase again and highly recommend. They have a bit of side wall flex at high speed cornering but good enough me. I still have the PSS's if I want to do some serious driving.

I worked Canadian Tire front cash in high school. A guy bought the largest ride on mower they sold, around $1500 back then if I remember correct. He pulls out a large bag of CT cash and pays for it in full with funny money. Took me forever to count, too funny!

..that money adds up, best price on BF Goodrich radial T/A's and I got them set of 4 for my 58 last year FREE with the money I had saved in 1.5 years.

Ziggy, I cannot find my original quote but it was in the $1300.00 range. I had a quote from CTC and another dealer in Bracebridge, Ontario.

The quote for the on sale tires was $367.98 for the fronts and $563.98 for the rears for a total of $931.96 plus eco fee and tax. No install.

Reactions: nascar03

Approved by: Poll results
Are these tires runflats?

One thing I need to ask, what are the tire techs like at Costco? On my 991 I have center lock hubs and carbon ceramic brakes.

I am a member of Costco but never bought tires there.

My COSTCO TIRE thoughts are... the same as any other tire shop.
Nobody sees my car.... I take them the rims and buy tires or take tires with me.
My thought is they know rims and tire mounting as good as anybody...but their bread/butter is Camrys & SUVs all day.
I considered them for my Vette rims but they do not sell Continentals.
My buddy owns a tire shop but he does not see my car either...my Contis should be here soon, I will take him my wheels. Or if he is too busy I may pick-up the tires and go locally to COSTCO.

Graham

Who was the turkey that started this good deal thread?

Oh it was me. Turned out to perhaps not such a great deal. Not CTC's fault but the 295/35/18 DWS tires are unavailable and no idea when or if they will be. Spent some time Graham (Nascar03) yesterday seeing if we could find them. No luck. Fronts are not a problem.

So not sure what to do I was hoping to buy from CTC (by the way my son asked yesterday if CTC sells tires, maybe the have an image problem) because I have all this CTC money.

Oh well. Our C5's and C5Z's are getting tough to find tires for.

I stopped by CT today to check out the availability for my C5...couldnt get the conti DWS...buy the guy said they are able to get the A/S 3+ ...5-6 weeks delivery time. I will order them this week, and probally in 5 weeks they will call and say they cant get them. :banghead:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
On the Michelin site there is an online chat feature. They gave me the part numbers for the A/S 3+ in runflats and non runflats...maybe try that route to get the tire part numbers, then try the retailers. I misplaced the numbers for my tire sizes but if I locate them, i'll let you know.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Status
Not open for further replies.