HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Just a note...

Since owning my car and participating in this forum etc i was pleasantly surprised by the sense of fellowship experienced thus far. I had a pre-disposition to believe that Corvette guys were a mix of head bangers and Gino wannabees.

HOWEVER

My experience has not extended to the "street" (for the lack of a better term). Seriously... You tell a guy that he's got a nice car and he acts like you just took a cr*p on his cashmere carpet. Waived at a guy last night at the car wash and he ignored me. What is it? Are they pissed off because their sense of individuality and privelage have been insulted by the existence of another Corvette? YEEEESH I got more fellowship from Harley guys when I rode my crotch rocket...

T

Unfortunately there are some Vette owners that feel they are more privelaged than others, but they are few, and we are many!! lol.........give them the V as you drive by and if they ignore you,.......just drop the pointer finger!!! BTW I met up with a guy last night in a nice black c5 (sebastion I think) at first he was coming off as kinda a dick weed until he found out I was a vette owner too then bang! his whole aditude dropped and we chatted for quite awhile. I gave him the info for this site, so hope we see him here soon.

Many of the newer Corvette owners do not know anything about the Corvette Wave and the depth of the hobby at the enthusiast level. As others have said they have bought the cars to own and enjoy. It is up to all of us to keep waving and talking to them and introduce them to the camraderie that accompanies all the activities at the enthusiasts level.

I have been driving, racing, restoring Corvettes since '68 and have met all types of owners. Most are not snobby once you get to talk to them. To many of them it is just a car.

Don't let it bother you. Back in the 60's many new Vette owners didn't wave back either. It is up to us to keep wavin' and keep spreading the word:coolgleam:

Brian

Many of the newer Corvette owners do not know anything about the Corvette Wave and the depth of the hobby at the enthusiast level. As others have said they have bought the cars to own and enjoy. It is up to all of us to keep waving and talking to them and introduce them to the camraderie that accompanies all the activities at the enthusiasts level.

I have been driving, racing, restoring Corvettes since '68 and have met all types of owners. Most are not snobby once you get to talk to them. To many of them it is just a car.

Don't let it bother you. Back in the 60's many new Vette owners didn't wave back either. It is up to us to keep wavin' and keep spreading the word:coolgleam:

Brian

I agree. Keep waving and being nice. Don't get discouraged by the few butt holes out there. There are a lot of great owners out there as well. I've found great people and snobby people of all generations of Vettes. Just keep treating other owners how you would like to be treated and you'll meet some great people.

Ya I suppose i might be slightly hyper senstive merely becuase of the short time I've owned the car but YES... interestingly enough the last few Rectal Samples have been C6 guys... (please no offense to the likely majority of C6 guys out there that are NOT rectal samples) I like the idea of the V transforming into an expression of who is "number 1" but in the end... i'll let it slide of course. Just interested in seeing what the other general impressions were.

Off topic slightly but... MAN are stock C6 exhausts ever quiet!!! I was surprised how quiet the car was (considering we were in a car wash, I could barely here it)!!! Very very reserved sound from factory.

Yah, better not to flip to the one finger as maybe they didn't see you at first, then when they see you and notice you waving, you already switched to the bird and they think you are the a-hole. Stock exhausts are lame for sound 95% of the time.

Most guys and even builders like myself are just car guys that love this hobby. However there are some real asses out there ,that give our past time a bad name. You just have to ignor those jerks. There are plenty of great people that are Corvette owners and some that are just posers:nono:

[email protected]

Last edited:
There could be a thread like this on every Corvette 'Type' forum accross North America running constantly. Is what it is...some good, some not so good people. Been doing this for a long time & it's never really changed...if i had to say, i guess it's gotten a little worse over the years. I don't think of myself as anything special at all because i own a Vette, though some seem to, all though i feel fortunate that i've been able to achive owning one, it's just a car, per sa'. :seeya:

Last edited:
Well, said! What would be the moral of this thread? There are great owners and not so great owners. Ignore the negative owners, focus on the positive owners. This issue will never go away and when the C7 comes out, this will surface again with C6 owners, etc. Just continue to wave and let people know there are still good owners out there. :canada:

Thats if you can get your ZR-1 out of your garage....I remember that 5 inch iceberg you mention was preventing you from taking your car for a spin last April when we reached around 20+ :rofl:

:agree:....but as i recall a certain some one still does not have his corvette backo!!!!

Rod:seeya:

Yeah, are they importing your exhaust from Mars or something? Hasn't he had the car since last Fall?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread