Yeah, are they importing your exhaust from Mars or something? Hasn't he had the car since last Fall?

OUCH>>>> that was below the belt LOL

This weekend people!!!! :rofl: I know I have been saying that forever, but its truly getting there... I go there everyday and take pictures.

Only things left: Mount the AC compressor, the AC rad, the Tranny cooler, put the hardware on the front sway bar and INSTALL and new Gymkana (my latest idea) suspension kit in the back -its just another sway bar- and finish the dual exhaust.

Dont write me off yet! I'll make it!!!

I do not know where you are finding all these "rude c6 owners". In the Toronto area i get about 99% of the vette owners either wave first or wave back.

I agree with most of you the new vette owners can't wave or are to proud of there ride to wave, so the middle finger it is for me, maybe somebody should go on there forum and re-explain the wave! Ron

Before you give them the one finger salute, just remember that they might be a new corvette owner and not know about the wave. I had no idea about it when I first bought mine. If you give them the finger they may think that people in older vettes don't like them because theirs is new and they won't want to wave to older vettes. If you just keep waving, I'm sure the idea will catch on. There are SOME people that are too good to wave and if we keep waving at them, maybe they'll get sick of it and buy a Ferrari, wait those owners wave as well...Lamborghini....nope, they wave...Civic. Maybe they will buy a Civic. For the others that know about the wave and just don't want too, well, I looked in my owners manual and didn't find anything about waving in there. So, it's too bad, but there is nothing you can do about it.

:agree: And some new drivers are just watching the road< both hand at 10&2 and not at the point where they can ENJOY THE RIDE!!!
Before you give them the one finger salute, just remember that they might be a new corvette owner and not know about the wave. I had no idea about it when I first bought mine. If you give them the finger they may think that people in older vettes don't like them because theirs is new and they won't want to wave to older vettes. If you just keep waving, I'm sure the idea will catch on. There are SOME people that are too good to wave and if we keep waving at them, maybe they'll get sick of it and buy a Ferrari, wait those owners wave as well...Lamborghini....nope, they wave...Civic. Maybe they will buy a Civic. For the others that know about the wave and just don't want too, well, I looked in my owners manual and didn't find anything about waving in there. So, it's too bad, but there is nothing you can do about it.

I have now owned my vette for a year and never really met any other owners who made me feel anything less than welcome. Mine is certainly a work in progress and I am having a great time with it. Had lots of other vehicles in the past (I think this one is number 170 something) and found people just to be people.

If your around fellow gear heads with a true passion for cars, it is almost always all good! Easiest way to break the ice, compliment them on something unique about their vehicle.

I try to wave to another vette everytime i see one however i must agree with most of the previous posts, seems like the C6 are a step above the wave... I have come across vettes from every other generation and they wave, but the C6 guys tend to ignore you. Was driving beside one in RUSH HOUR at 3km/h on the highway, waved to him and totally ignored me...nice. Wonder what the deal is there

Well I hate to open old wounds, but man alive I am just getting shunned all over the place here in Saskatoon. I know its just got to be a coincidence, but its all the C6 guys!!!
I had a funny one today, where I was sitting right next to the guy in a black on black with tinted windows, I had to laugh!! he had to find things to do inside the car just to avoid being friendly and looking out the window!

I dont really think its rude or arrogent, I think its just plain WIERD! How bad can this guys life be? That the thought of being friendly to a strainger with common interests is just appauling to him?

Oh well it takes all kinds to make the world go around, but the good news is my wife and I got a good laugh out of it!

Brent

Waved at a C6 on the highway on my way home, arm up out the t-roof, he was gawking straight back at me (got used to that over the weekend) and no return salutation...but every C3 I crossed paths with we were drooling over each other's rides...and waving, nodding, shouting appreciation for such beauty :)

I don't think the dickhead phenomenon is limited to Vettes, I am sure Mr. I'm-too-special is just as much a dick in a Chevette as in a Corvette.

I don't think the dickhead phenomenon is limited to Vettes, I am sure Mr. I'm-too-special is just as much a dick in a Chevette as in a Corvette.[/QUOTE]

True that Brother! it is funny but there are all kinds of people in the world.

Brent

We see this all the time. It is not just a Corvette-culture thing. Here in the GTA (Toronto), we have a great relationship with the Rennlist folks (Porsche) and the Ferrari group as well. We may not wave to each other on the road but we do share GTG's and cruises.

As for the Vette owners, most here are very good at the "wave" - some still don't get it. I choose not to sweat it,

Peace.

As for the Vette owners, most here are very good at the "wave" - some still don't get it. I choose not to sweat it,

Well Said,:agree:

Brent

I am with you but I still cant help but wonder why, when I get the cold shoulder.

Well Said,:agree:

Brent

I am with you but I still cant help but wonder why, when I get the cold shoulder.

That's exactly why I couldn't figure this out when it happened originally to me!! Heck I'd waive for a lots less reasons than having the same car as someone, if someone waives, I don't see the issue with returning the courtesy! :canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread