This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

close call (?) with active handling

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
A few weeks ago I fired up the car and pulled it out of the driveway... Shortly after I got all kinds of warning lights and messages saying things like "service car soon" and "service active handling" (or something like that)...

I didn't think anything of it and sure enough, the problem went away as I suspected it would. Does anyone know what might have caused this though? Just curious if there is something common with these cars that might make them think that there is a problem when there really isn't??

Thanks!

Tony
[mob][/mob]

You're not suppose to come out of the driveway sideways.

My first thought would be that your battery could be a bit low as I have heard this can cause issues....however, like you, I am just waiting for Manny's answer.

As far as I am concerned that is just another one of the C5's delightful Gremlins! The same thing happened to me once last year, with no further complications, I think the computer is just bored, and does these things to amuse its self!!!

I have also had only one head light go up, causing me to turn them on and off a couple times then everything works fine again for years.

Who knows?!?!?!?

Brent

The are are quite a few of these false alarms with the C5's . It for the most part is nothing to worry about . I would check the DIC codes ,clear them and re-fire the car . Things like low voltage will cause some interesting codes to come up. Also remember the thread I have on gounds .

Thx
Manny@E.C.P

I had this message come on today as I made a corner on some loose road mung. I felt the tires slip a tad then the "service active handling" light came on then service engine soon.

I figured it was related to non oem size tires/rims.

Will have the really test the active handling on the car tomorrow to make sure it works before I go nuts.