Thank you so much you just took alot of stress of me thank you very much
You are welcome. That's what we are all here for. When I got the steering wheel box out, I realized I don't have the fancy air bag bolts in there like I thought I did. Now I can try and remember the safe place I put them. Don't really need them but like to have all the parts just in case. Let us know how the new steering wheel project ends up.

Thank you so much you just took alot of stress of me thank you very much
I see I made a mistake back on March 24th, without the parts in front of me. I said I put the 2 ohm resistor between the black and red wires to silence the air bag alarm. With the parts in front of me today I saw that that was the horn wires like I said today. Sorry for any confusion back in March.

I see I made a mistake back on March 24th, without the parts in front of me. I said I put the 2 ohm resistor between the black and red wires to silence the air bag alarm. With the parts in front of me today I saw that that was the horn wires like I said today. Sorry for any confusion back in March.
no worried !!! i appreciate all the info this form is a wealth of knowledge

hey guys does anyone know if a c6 clockspring well fit a c5? i guess fitment on the colum and airbag wiring would need to match up i was thinking maybe if i could.use a c6 one i can tap into the steering wheel controls that go though the clock spring to wire my wheel up

wheel finally shipped boys it looks beautiful hope the install goes well hahah
20200512_194216.jpg

20200527_101554.jpg
20200527_101610.jpg
20200522_163028.jpg

Well the wheel has finally arrived and I got to say socal garage works does an amazing job on there wheels, detail and workmanship is amazing guys!
was well worth the wait !!!

as of right now I'm having a bit of compatibility issues with the led screen in the wheel... both power issues and pairing with obd module issues.

Greg at socal has been great and helping me trouble shoot this issue and trying to rectify it! it turns out it may not be compatible with the c5 but that is not ruled out as of yet. But if so they showed how well their customer services is and offered to take the wheel back remove the screen portion and finish it in carbon on the top instead and to me that goes a long way!

So just to give you guys and idea of what is going on the wheel wires standard postive and negative connection. the wheel will power up upon starting of car then it powers down if i hold in the two buttons it powers back up and starts looking for the obd2 module that plugs in under dash. I then press the pair button on the module and the wheel will display matching success so now it is connected to the obd2

now the wheel should display info like rpm gas... oil... etc.

mine shows all zeros and well not pick up the data. if i stop scrolling through the menu the wheel will then turn off once again causing me to have to hold the buttons and repair it all over again.

so tested this by placing the wheel on the seat of my 2014 sierra hooked to a battery. plugged the module in under dash and all the same issues so that eliminated any issues with the C5.

so that being said Greg agrees there is most likely an issue with the screen and module but the supplier of them parts say its not compatible or not hooked up properly.

so I will keep yall updated if we end up getting this working cause it is a very cool option!! but if not socal is good enough to fix the issue and provide me with a super cool wheel for my ride

check them out guys yas wont be disappointed the wheels are amazing!

Google Socal Garage Works

That looks absolutely AWESOME in there! Gorgeous wheel! Hopefully they would be able to test a second module as having that information on the wheel would be pretty cool. But, man, that looks soo good.

That looks absolutely AWESOME in there! Gorgeous wheel! Hopefully they would be able to test a second module as having that information on the wheel would be pretty cool. But, man, that looks soo good.
Thanks!! Its definitely a nice wheel I well keep yas all posted if we end up getting the screen working properly

Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.