I checked my invoice. I had to put some money down already for the job.
It is Xpel ultimate Plus. The ceramic is Xpel fusion plus. Thanks Murray.
Important we get the good stuff with that kind of money.
Link below for one of the installers many videos PPF‘ing a C8 .
He has done a handful so far. I also checked with him on how long should paint be dry before the film goes on he stated he has done cars painted a week earlier no issue. I know someone in this thread asked about how long should one wait after car is painted. Which is a very good point.

I wanted to ask your opinions on paint protection film. I live in Vancouver and will be picking up my car out of Edmonton early summer 🤞. And it was suggested to me the I get a clear protection film bra applied to my car before making the long trip home through the Rockies. It sounds like this application is more popular from Alberta to East on and I’m assuming because you get a hell a lot more snow meaning more salt and gravel on the roads. So I was wondering if any of you have done it and if so what your thoughts are.
thanks
I have a 2008 C6 and it has had the film on from nearly day one. If done properly it will cover more area's than just the nose. I also live in the lower mainland area so if you would like to see what it looks like after all these years or would like to see pictures send me an e-mail at [email protected].

I wanted to ask your opinions on paint protection film. I live in Vancouver and will be picking up my car out of Edmonton early summer 🤞. And it was suggested to me the I get a clear protection film bra applied to my car before making the long trip home through the Rockies. It sounds like this application is more popular from Alberta to East on and I’m assuming because you get a hell a lot more snow meaning more salt and gravel on the roads. So I was wondering if any of you have done it and if so what your thoughts are.
thanks
Hello Micazo: I would much rather have it WRAPPED and CERAMIC treated. Few certified place in Edmonton that can do it. “CERTIFIED” for your Satisfaction!!!🥂😷cheers

thanks

I am on my 3rd C7 and 5th Vette and have done all of it and none of it on various cars. On my 2019 Grand Sport I didn't do anything. My conclusion is that if you are absolutely obsessive and you keep your car for more than 5 or 6 years it is worth doing the Xpel especially if you drive on any dirt roads or highways that tend to collect small gravel on the surface. In southern Ontario they seldom use sand on our roads so we don't get that sand blasting on the front for the first few weeks of the season. The slope of the front on the C7 also seems to help prevent road rash and chips more than many cars but the nose can get a sand blasting if your area does a lot of winter sanding. I also try leaving a greater distance between me and other cars on secondary roads. Although I have had it done in the past I am not a big fan of ceramic coatings as I find their claims are vastly exaggerated. I tend to hand wash my Vette frequently even if it is just dusty. I have an excellent set up at home so can do a quick wash and dry off in 15 minutes or so. I take the car to Show and Shines so I wax it at least 2-3 times every season which keeps the finish beautiful at all times. However, I did recommend Ceramic to a friend whose idea of a thorough wash is a quick hose off in his driveway yet wants his SUV to look reasonably clean. Very much a personal choice but don't expect magic from either application.

Reactions: Corey and Phil
iOS Image - 1312635053.jpg

I drove back to Calgary from Vancouver last week, and this is what I got. Imagine how bad would that be if there are no PPF. So you definitely needed to be PPFed if you are planning to drive on Alberta highway.

Getting my ppf done from Zahir at ZR Auto in Calgary. Full front, headlights, roof edge, side rockers, vents, rear bumper. Also getting ceramic paint protection done (4 layers) all for $3900

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Getting my ppf done from Zahir at ZR Auto in Calgary. Full front, headlights, roof edge, side rockers, vents, rear bumper. Also getting ceramic paint protection done (4 layers) all for $3900
His shop did mine. Good work and when there was a small issue he stood behind his guarantee.

drove my C6 grand sport for 105,000 km no PPF no ceramic coating paint on the front end had just a slight rash and can only be seen up close. Entered many Corvette shows and did very well. Traded it on a C8 but this time I had the front end done in PPF expell did my own ceramic coating.

Reactions: JohnB22C8
I was quoted
XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS FILM
1- full hood,fenders, mirrors $2800
2- full front bumper (includes black trim & lights) $2800

is it just me or does $5600 seem high?
That's double what I paid for full front including all what you mention above, A pillars, roof, rockers, full door sills all XPEL Ultimate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread