Feb 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
BC
I wanted to ask your opinions on paint protection film. I live in Vancouver and will be picking up my car out of Edmonton early summer 🤞. And it was suggested to me the I get a clear protection film bra applied to my car before making the long trip home through the Rockies. It sounds like this application is more popular from Alberta to East on and I’m assuming because you get a hell a lot more snow meaning more salt and gravel on the roads. So I was wondering if any of you have done it and if so what your thoughts are.
thanks

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I'm in Sask and I recommend it 100%.

I didn't get it done on my '16 Silverado and at 10 000kms the rock chips were awfully apparent. Looked like my front bumper was always full of dead bugs even though I had just washed it.

On my Z at 10 000kms there are ...0 rock chip. It is definitely worth it if you have a bit of money to spend and want to keep the car for a long time.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
You have options such as what Murray suggested or even a front bra, to protect your car on the trip from Edmonton back to BC. Or some have reused the original white packing material on the front end; it'll look like hell but apparently works.

I suspect you'll encounter a few rock-chip events en route, so you'll need something.

The other option is make arrangements in advance to have PPF (and ceramic coating, if desired) applied in Edmonton on the date you'll be picking up your car or starting the next day. But then you'll be staying in my fair city for at least an extra day (PPF only) or up to 3 days or so (PPF and ceramic coating). Or just do the basics for PPF (front only) which will be quicker. The disadvantage to having it done in Edmonton, is missing out on warranty repairs since it's unlikely you'll return to have defective work corrected.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
As with the others, I also would suggest PPF. A couple of temporary options were also mentioned for you to consider for the trip down and then take your time to choose a shop in Vancouver. I have been using Street legal tint in Port Moody for wrap, PPF, window tint etc for many many years and to date have always been happy with his work. Congrats on your purchase.... if you would like an introduction to the owner I'll be happy to do so.

Reactions: JR410
As with the others, I also would suggest PPF. A couple of temporary options were also mentioned for you to consider for the trip down and then take your time to choose a shop in Vancouver. I have been using Street legal tint in Port Moody for wrap, PPF, window tint etc for many many years and to date have always been happy with his work. Congrats on your purchase.... if you would like an introduction to the owner I'll be happy to do so.
Thanks
I will definitely take you up on the introduction when I get my car home.
Thanks again

Yes to PPF. You wont be 30 klms out of Edmonton before you w9sh you had done it. How much of the car you do is an open question and subject to various opinions. Mine is done front to back and top to bottom.
Did you get you car protection done in Edmonton aHD if so where? I’m not to sure how long I will be in Edmonton so just curious how long they took to do it?

You have options such as what Murray suggested or even a front bra, to protect your car on the trip from Edmonton back to BC. Or some have reused the original white packing material on the front end; it'll look like hell but apparently works.

I suspect you'll encounter a few rock-chip events en route, so you'll need something.

The other option is make arrangements in advance to have PPF (and ceramic coating, if desired) applied in Edmonton on the date you'll be picking up your car or starting the next day. But then you'll be staying in my fair city for at least an extra day (PPF only) or up to 3 days or so (PPF and ceramic coating). Or just do the basics for PPF (front only) which will be quicker. The disadvantage to having it done in Edmonton, is missing out on warranty repairs since it's unlikely you'll return to have defective work corrected.
Thanks again for your reply. Are there any wrap companies you would recommend in Edmonton?
the dealer is offering it but not sure if I want to go through them as I’m considering having my hood wrapped in black.

Thanks again for your reply. Are there any wrap companies you would recommend in Edmonton?
the dealer is offering it but not sure if I want to go through them as I’m considering having my hood wrapped in black.
Ultimate Auto in Calgary has a great rep and is also a sponsor of CCF. They will also enclosed trailer your Vette back and forth... Google their reviews ...

Reactions: Corey
I was quoted
XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS FILM
1- full hood,fenders, mirrors $2800
2- full front bumper (includes black trim & lights) $2800

is it just me or does $5600 seem high?
For Ceramic Pro Kavaca, Self healing technology like your quote was for, I paid 2320 for full front end, mirrors and side vents.

Quoted today, and booked in for the 21st. Picking up the car from the dealer on Monday.
Xpel Ultimate
- full hood and fender kit with edge wrap, incl. both exterior door
mirrors
- front bumper
- headlights
- rocker panel kit
$2634+hst, before the 10% corvette club discount, which
would bring the total to $2370+hst.

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread