p1579288716-4.jpg

So I wonder if this was the naval aviator that Chicago named their airport after....Is this an F-15?
You can stop wondering, according to Wickepedia, they also named an aircraft carrier after him. Unfortunately, he was killed in action in 1943. (that's my good deed for the day, Rruuff, we can't be running around wondering all day, others would think we are confused. LOL)

Just a few years before these Ramblers, there was a fast Rambler available...
"Although AMC was best known for their reliable economy cars, this special model came with a bigger engine than anything found at Chevrolet, Ford, or Plymouth—the Rambler's most popular competitors at that time. The Rebel's US$2,786 MSRP base price ($26,880 in 2021 dollars [10]) was economical for the amount of power provided. It was the fastest stock American sedan, according to Motor Trend.[7]" (Wikkipedia). This was the 1957 Rambler Rebel with an AMC 327c.i. engine and a 3 speed manual with overdrive or a 4 speed automatic. Underrated at 255hp (very decent for the time).
Yes a "Rambler Rebel Wagon"..... just screams performance.
"Although AMC was best known for their reliable economy cars, this special model came with a bigger engine than anything found at Chevrolet, Ford, or Plymouth—the Rambler's most popular competitors at that time. The Rebel's US$2,786 MSRP base price ($26,880 in 2021 dollars [10]) was economical for the amount of power provided. It was the fastest stock American sedan, according to Motor Trend.[7]" (Wikkipedia). This was the 1957 Rambler Rebel with an AMC 327c.i. engine and a 3 speed manual with overdrive or a GM 4 speed automatic. Underrated at 255hp (very decent for the time).

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
"Although AMC was best known for their reliable economy cars, this special model came with a bigger engine than anything found at Chevrolet, Ford, or Plymouth—the Rambler's most popular competitors at that time. The Rebel's US$2,786 MSRP base price ($26,880 in 2021 dollars [10]) was economical for the amount of power provided. It was the fastest stock American sedan, according to Motor Trend.[7]" (Wikkipedia). This was the 1957 Rambler Rebel with an AMC 327c.i. engine and a 3 speed manual with overdrive or a 4 speed automatic. Underrated at 255hp (very decent for the time).

"Although AMC was best known for their reliable economy cars, this special model came with a bigger engine than anything found at Chevrolet, Ford, or Plymouth—the Rambler's most popular competitors at that time. The Rebel's US$2,786 MSRP base price ($26,880 in 2021 dollars [10]) was economical for the amount of power provided. It was the fastest stock American sedan, according to Motor Trend.[7]" (Wikkipedia). This was the 1957 Rambler Rebel with an AMC 327c.i. engine and a 3 speed manual with overdrive or a GM 4 speed automatic. Underrated at 255hp (very decent for the time).
Quite interesting. American motors did have some High perf cars in the AMX and Javelin as well. I commented as when vehicles are advertised against Jet fighters, you just expect to see something a bit more aerodynamic than a couple of box shaped Rebels, even if they were comparatively fast boxes.

Quite interesting. American motors did have some High perf cars in the AMX and Javelin as well. I commented as when vehicles are advertised against Jet fighters, you just expect to see something a bit more aerodynamic than a couple of box shaped Rebels, even if they were comparatively fast boxes.
I'm a bit of a supporter of Rambler and AMC. You might say I'm prejudiced. I have a '68 AMX ;)