Another one...

26a.jpg

Reading a great book, "Dam Busters" authored by Ted Barris. It is the story of the allied attack on German hydro electric facilities durning the second world war. Huge Canadian connection, these pilots and crews were simply beyond brave. Story of the men and machines behind the 617 Squadron and ultimately their successful attack on German infrastructure. These are some of the men and Lancaster Heavy Bombers of the 617.

707bd95a80543a20e75f2c3e1217489b.jpg
unnamed.jpg
lancaster-50-missions.jpg
hill-9-sqn-lancaster-and-crew-copy.jpg

Well that was odd. Early this morning I went down to Toronto's Portlands to have a coffee and read Dam Busters. Heard a low rumble and looked up to see what I think was perhaps a Lancaster. It was VJ Day the plane flew west then north over Toronto circled back to the west. Crappy cell phone shot but I do wonder.

20200815_104805.jpg

Curious about this pic. Was this really early flight training? I believe in the Second World War that many women ferried aircraft from the manufacture to the battle ground. Your thoughts....

View attachment 43160
Yes they were actual training devices. They were Link simulators. Used extensively between 1930 and the fifties.