Aug 25, 2023
VetteCoins
I recently bought a 2001 C7. After a couple of days the check engine light. The codes were throwing a P0172 and a P0175. The car has an aftermarket air flow system. I noticed that the notch in the hose was not in alignment with the post on the intake. I fixed that and turned the engine light off. I went to do a drive test and stopped to get gas. The gas cap seemed to fit very loosely on the tank. I bought a new one on Amazon and it fits loosely as well. Is this normal?

I recently bought a 2001 C7. After a couple of days the check engine light. The codes were throwing a P0172 and a P0175. The car has an aftermarket air flow system. I noticed that the notch in the hose was not in alignment with the post on the intake. I fixed that and turned the engine light off. I went to do a drive test and stopped to get gas. The gas cap seemed to fit very loosely on the tank. I bought a new one on Amazon and it fits loosely as well. Is this normal?
I googled C5 obd codes found P0172 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1 and P0175 Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 2. I have no idea what that means or how to fix it but with a deeper google search or a shop manual you can probably find something.

Is it normal for the gas cap to fit loosely?
No, it's not. When my LS1 Camaro went in once for the emissions testing they replaced my gas cap to make it pass. When I got home I put the old one back on and it never failed again! LOL. They can go bad, but I've never heard of it myself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.