I recognize your goal in trying to reduce the sticker shock of the tire swap and if the dealer gives you a bit of a break go for it. However, the OEM tires on the Z51 have pretty reasonable wear. I drove mine for 40,000 km of touring before trading for my GS and I know the dealer sold the Z51 without putting on new tires. The GS was not nearly as kind to it's tires, pretty well shot by 30k. Good luck. Have you explored any of the GTA Corvette clubs??

I think after talking to the mechanic and looking at both the GS and Z06 tires, I'll stick with the OEM tires on the Stingray and see how it goes this summer.

Unless you want to start driving or moving your Vette around in winter or pouring rain storms, the PSS is one of the best tires out there. JMO

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I think after talking to the mechanic and looking at both the GS and Z06 tires, I'll stick with the OEM tires on the Stingray and see how it goes this summer.

Probably a good call given the allowance you would probably get for them. When do you expect delivery of yours? My new GS was built last week so I expect it should be at Humberview in Toronto by the first week of April. New one is Blade Silver with 2-tone red and black guts. I loved the Watkins Glen Grey of my 2017 GS but it was out of production when I ordered back in October.

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann and ccltj
My salesman emailed the build week a month earlier which ended up being correct. I went in and asked if it had been built and another sales guy checked on computer and told me it had been built and sitting on lot there. I do have the order number but have no idea to check that as itā€™s a Canadian number

My salesman emailed the build week a month earlier which ended up being correct. I went in and asked if it had been built and another sales guy checked on computer and told me it had been built and sitting on lot there. I do have the order number but have no idea to check that as itā€™s a Canadian number

OK you are doing the same as I am. I believe US purchasers can track their order themselves but my understanding is that Canadians can not do it other than through their dealer. When I ordered my first C7, a 2014 Z51, I was much keener and had my salesperson update me regularly. Same with my 2017 GS. With the GS I gave the dealer my 2014 Z51 trade in May (they had it pre-sold) and had to wait till September for my 2017 GS to be delivered, so was very keen. As the 2017 was one of the first GS to be delivered there were a number of production delays particularly on the M7 transmission models. With the 2019 I am away in the south till first week of April so not so anxious. What colour have you ordered?

Reactions: ccltj
I just sent in an email to get an update this week.

I went for the white, I guess itā€™s what I noticed first as this is my first Vette and the usual colour I like is Red but the white hit me more.

Iā€™m off till end of March so also a bit antsy to get it so I can play while on holidays but donā€™t mind if the weather stays like it is today.

Reactions: ccltj
The Vette has landed! After being"bayed" since March 8th, it arrived 27th. Delivery for April 1st... hope that's not a bad omen!

:Woohoo: Congrats Airbus.... You are gonna sit in that seat... flash her up..take her for a drive..... and have the biggest smile on your face that you could imagine. And whenever after you sit in that car, drive it, look at it...hell.... even think about it, that smile will always be there. Don't forget to wave! :)

The Vette has landed! After being"bayed" since March 8th, it arrived 27th. Delivery for April 1st... hope that's not a bad omen!

Congratulations!
What Eric said above ā˜ļøIs so true. I will never forget the Saturday I picked up my first Z06. (Only ever had Z06ā€™s).
The feeling is indescribably amazing. The smile part is 100% true. I remember it very well.
Enjoy the feeling and your new Corvette.
šŸ‘

Thanks! I am that type of guy that enjoys sports cars. I kinda ruined it as I went and looked at it yesterday and it was in a small pre-detailing area not prepped. Kinda took the wow out of it but it'll be a distant memory when I get it on Monday!!

Reactions: ddgermann

Hey congratulations!!! I am supposed to pick up my new one in a week as soon as we get back from Florida. Saw a beautiful brand new white ZR1 yesterday at the Muscle Car Museum in Punta Gorda, Florida. It is owned by the owner of the museum.

Congrats! Did you get yours from Kitchener? Maybe I should set up my pick up for next Saturday itā€™s supposed to be 7 and sunny

No spoiling your Delivery Day by checking out your New Corvette in it's Factory Delivery condition.
I even got a photo of mine while still on the delivery carrier. Delivery Day will now show you how well your
Dealer treats you as a New Corvette Customer and with it completely detailed.
It's like ... "wow what a difference a day makes". Your Corvette Grin will absolutely be the same ... :Smug:

... the biggest problem you have ... is remembering to take a delivery photograph and posting it on this Forum
so that we all can share in this huge Event of YOURS ... :Smuggrin::Snaphappy:

Last edited:
Thank guys.... I did buy it at Scherer in Kitchener.

I just "happened" to be in the area of the dealer today and drove through to see if it was out. :p A couple things I noticed,

1. It has some sort of 3M protection on both side on lower running panel half way below door to the front of the rear wheels. I was not expecting anything at all.
2. After wondering about the tires I'm happy with those since I've seen and felt them instead of the all seasons.
3. They switched out the back OEM spoiler from yesterday to the Z51 full spoiler today.
4. I'm wondering if I should out the black hood decal on for looks ?
5. and..... even though it was not PDI'd yet, there was a minor (if there is such a thing on a Vette) ding and scratch on the left side trunk lid. I sent pictures to salesperson to ensure it is looked at before delivery as I won't accept and don't want to return at a later time.
6. But best of all..... I'm reaaaaaaly happy with my choice and options.... and my wife actually liked it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.