Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Well.... after seeing this on youtube, i had to try it and see if it really was that easy.... you be the judge.... Not for everyone but for that CF look (from a distance), it's passable. So for those of us that bought their Corvette with their kids university fund, grab a few cans of paint and some dollar store cupboard liner and you too can paint the side of a canned mushroom box and have the homemade carbon fibre experience..... lol..... Gonna try it on the ACS splash guards next.

Poor man's CF.jpg

Reactions: Tango
Eric...did you use Plasti-Dip products for this?
I have seen their vid on you-tube... It looks quite good.
Can we see a pic without the green tape?

I have used some CF sticky-sheet stuff that works great on flat surfaces.
I have a few items I want to try with the paint process as well.

Graham

Hey Graham. Yes. This was with Plasti Dip. Its pretty easy. You've heard the saying 'If I can do it, anyone can do it'.... Well... that saying was invented for me...lol...Here's some more pics. I think I can sharpen up the individual edges a little more by controlling the angle of the paint can better. I think I tended to roll the spray can instead of sweeping it back and forth. And I also will wait a little longer between the gunmetal coat, the metalizer coat and the glossifier coat. I think the metalizer too soon also took away some of the sharpness. The close up is from about 8 inches away

CF2.jpg
CF4.jpg

Reactions: Fred J
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread