That is a beautiful color . I might stop in to see it during my trips to Cobourg. You could ask the brand of ceramic coat they use , how long it would last and to recommend a `maintenance wash`. Do the ppf first .
Spencers told me the ceramic coat they use is good for 5 years.
3C370DDF-4A6B-4FB3-9264-D73969896CBF.jpeg
9DD39495-8DF6-4488-B932-1B3BFAAD869D.jpeg
AF3EB72A-5EB1-44B9-BB3F-9F6BDD9318E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: gone and Maximus74
To those who had their C8`s done already, good for you. No scratches for you.
I`m doing mine DIY next spring and here is why.
The hardness of the clear coat on the C8 is rated as soft to med (chk out the US forums) so it may scratch easily.
I`ll realized this after taking delivery and asking the dealer not to wash the car and he did.
There were about a dozen or so scratches etc. Very easy to remove with Meguiars Scratch X.
Scratches removed easy and scratches added easy too.
I picked the kit from AvalonKing . There are many Youtube reviews where a discount of $25 us is offered. Try the one from Pan The Organizer showing how easy to apply.
I would visit their site www@ avalonking.com. Sometimes they offer a great discount the the `ZOMIB` one or $30 us off and free ship to Canada.

View attachment 45307
Very cool, hoping you kill it!

Reactions: canadiansteelman
That is a beautiful color . I might stop in to see it during my trips to Cobourg. You could ask the brand of ceramic coat they use , how long it would last and to recommend a `maintenance wash`. Do the ppf first .
The ceramic coat that Spencer uses is from First Canadian and has a long life with five year guarantee. You can also extend the life using 303 touchless sealant.
306536E1-E991-40F9-BA04-A2D7BA6E5F60.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
Did you use that one Murray?
Yup. Ceramic Pro Gold $1600 for paint correction, full clean and Ceramic coating
Checkout their video on the PPF too. It has a 12 year warranty $2100 full front , plus mirrors and rear vents.

Yup. Ceramic Pro Gold $1600 for paint correction, full clean and Ceramic coating
Checkout their video on the PPF too. It has a 12 year warranty $2100 full front , plus mirrors and rear vents.
Sounds good. I have used this 303 sealant on my other car. It helps extend the life of the ceramic coating. Water just beads on this coating. Easy to wipe down too. If you use it, don’t apply it in sunshine. Has to be done on a cloudy day when paint surface is cool to touch. They have a good YouTube video on how to apply it.

303 Touchless Sealant - SiO2 Water Activated Paint & Glass Protection - Spray On, Rinse Off - Lasts 2X Longer Than Wax - Deep, Wet Shine​

Reactions: larryd
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread