Jun 9, 2015
pickering
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2lt HTC
Province
ON
To those who had their C8`s done already, good for you. No scratches for you.
I`m doing mine DIY next spring and here is why.
The hardness of the clear coat on the C8 is rated as soft to med (chk out the US forums) so it may scratch easily.
I`ll realized this after taking delivery and asking the dealer not to wash the car and he did.
There were about a dozen or so scratches etc. Very easy to remove with Meguiars Scratch X.
Scratches removed easy and scratches added easy too.
I picked the kit from AvalonKing . There are many Youtube reviews where a discount of $25 us is offered. Try the one from Pan The Organizer showing how easy to apply.
I would visit their site www@ avalonking.com. Sometimes they offer a great discount the the `ZOMIB` one or $30 us off and free ship to Canada.

king1.jpg

That's why, if you're not experienced with this stuff, you go to a reputable place to get the PPF and ceramic done. They know how to prepare the paint for PPF and ceramic. I'm not, so I did. If you are, good. You'll save a ton of money.

Reactions: Dik and JR410
I did my C7 and my FJR with the Avalon King product.
It's time consuming, but easy.
If you can wax a car, you can diy c/c.
Took me ~10hrs for the car, and ~12hrs to do my bike.
Be sure to follow guidelines for best results.

lf like myself you are going to get your C8 when the roads are covered with ice and salt you are fortunate because you can store your car for 3 months and let the clear coat cure and will notice that it will be alot less vulnerable to scratches and buff marks due to it being harder after it cures .

# 1 rule hose down the paint for 5minutes to cool down and remove any loose surface dirt then wash from the top to the bottom cleaning out your scrubber as often as you would your razor with a soft soap . Rince and use your leaf blower to dry. This is done after you have paid some dude to play with your paint for $5000 and then you could have done with some gray matter for $500. WC Fields said never give a Corvette owner an even break .

To those who had their C8`s done already, good for you. No scratches for you.
I`m doing mine DIY next spring and here is why.
The hardness of the clear coat on the C8 is rated as soft to med (chk out the US forums) so it may scratch easily.
I`ll realized this after taking delivery and asking the dealer not to wash the car and he did.
There were about a dozen or so scratches etc. Very easy to remove with Meguiars Scratch X.
Scratches removed easy and scratches added easy too.
I picked the kit from AvalonKing . There are many Youtube reviews where a discount of $25 us is offered. Try the one from Pan The Organizer showing how easy to apply.
I would visit their site www@ avalonking.com. Sometimes they offer a great discount the the `ZOMIB` one or $30 us off and free ship to Canada.

View attachment 45307
Just had my new 2021 C8 HTC ceramic coated by my dealer, Spencer’s Chev. It really brings out the shine on the new Mist Red Metallic.
B96F40D4-E067-49D3-B2D5-6ACA05D5D719.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Psyclist
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread