I admit to liking those.

e5gu4n.jpg

Redlines look fantastic on a black car. Oh, and cars like these are another great story we'll have to get around to. :coolgleam:

My '75 came with white walls from the factory according to the GM records in Oshawa. I WILL NOT be returning it to the original look. :eek:

I guess mine was one of those librarian cars; the original owner was a woman so it's possible. :rofl:

The '69 L78 Chevelle, that we had, came with whitewalls. Not exactly the musclecar image when white lettered tires were all the rage. I saw a red '67 SS396 Chevelle with red lines and it looked great. They look good with the black too. Do you think Manny could get me some wide whitewalls for the Corvette....NOT. :eek:

Keith,

They only offer post-1981 Bowling Green-built Corvette build sheets and window stickers. Prior to 1981, Corvettes were built in St. Louis, except for 1953 when the first 15 Corvettes ever made were hand-built in a customer delivery garage in Flint, MI.

AND they do not have anything available for my "early prod." 2000 C5 (Dec 15-99) I was/am sad..:(

The emblem on the black car only appeared on SS427 cars in '67. SS427's were only avertised as Chevrolets and not as Impala SS's. If you ordered the 427 without it being an SS then you got the 427 Turbo Jet emblems above. Tri power was only available in the Vettes in 1967 as GM had mandated a ban on Tri power setups in passenger cars.

The emblem on the black car only appeared on SS427 cars in '67. SS427's were only avertised as Chevrolets and not as Impala SS's. If you ordered the 427 without it being an SS then you got the 427 Trubo Jet emblems above. Tri power was only available in the Vettes in 1967 as GM had mandated a ban on Tri power setups in passenger cars.

So close. So close.

Actually, there were three kinds of 427 full-size Chevys in 1967. Any model (sedan, coach, wagon, hardtop, convertible) with the 427 got the emblems I posted.

Any Super Sport (hardtop or convertible) with a 427 also got the same emblems.

But, the big boy, the SS427 (RPO Z-24) (hardtop or convertible) was the only model to get the special 427 emblems (shown on the black car).

Interestingly enough, you could actually combine models and order a Super Sport (Z-03) combined with a SS427 (Z-24), and the Z-24 trumped the Z-03 so you got the special emblems.

But, to be clear about this, a real SS427 (Z-24) isn't a Super Sport unless it also came with the Z-03 option.

Don't you love Chevrolet minutiae? :D

I remember a guy named Larry who, back around 1970, was at the Shell gas station at Thickson road and Highway 2 between Oshawa and Whitby. He had a '67 427 Chev but I don't recall what model it was. It was a 24 hour gas station and we would hang out there after working the evening shift.

The emblem on the black car only appeared on SS427 cars in '67. SS427's were only avertised as Chevrolets and not as Impala SS's. If you ordered the 427 without it being an SS then you got the 427 Trubo Jet emblems above. Tri power was only available in the Vettes in 1967 as GM had mandated a ban on Tri power setups in passenger cars.

absolutely right case,forgot about the ban. remember at the time much moaning about the gto going single 4v. i had a 65 impala ss rag top back when i was 17. i thought it was ultra cool it had 396 turbo jet factory flags. couldn't back up the claim though as it was in reality powered by a 283 2v and a glide.:coolgleam:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread