Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
With clearly not enough work to keep us occupied I'm happy to announce that we're looking at establishing a CCF virtual currency behind the scenes to reward active and helpful members. This is a rather large undertaking so it will come in stages. First stage is to establish a Credit or Currency system for CCF. Think of it as virtual earnings for doing the things you do on CCF, sort of a reward.

Do I need to participate and/or care?

Nope, you can stop reading right now. There's no penalty for non-participation. It's actually a CCF perk and no one is under any obligation to use the credits or even read past this line........

What is it?

It's a virtual currency that has yet to be named... It is specific to CCF. I am seriously asking for suggestions for currency names, CCFCs is the closest I have to a name that abbreviates well. Please help me.... :(

Why and what's the purpose?

Purpose it to reward active members and encourage inactive or shy members to post more and check often more.

Is it real money? Can I buy a triple salty ground hog Starbucks latte with it? Can I bribe local officials?

Local officials maybe but no, it's a virtual currency and bears no monetary value outside of CCF.

How do I make CCF dough?

Earning events will be setup for things like visiting CCF daily, creating a thread, answering a question, getting lots of likes etc etc. These will be published and refined over time. You will be able to gift/donate them to other members too.

Now that I'm a CCF millionaire, what can I do?

We will be setting up contests, raffles, competitions, giveaways that may be credits driven in the future so idea is you will spend them there or other CCF featured services.

Still don't get it?

It'll hopefully be a fun way to keep you engaged and get fresher members to post more. Unlike trophies you'll be able to spend these eventually. Plus we owe our moderators quite a bit of back pay so you know.... credits.... :)

Can I help?

You can join the Beta program to shake things down. Oh and I seriously am taking suggestions for a name for this currency. Post any you can think of below, Eric Shillings is my backup name.

I guess OC-Dough can also be an idea (in lieu of OC-Dollars)
(Obsessive Corvette Dough)
Has a better ring to it when asked "how much OC Dough do you have?
Still can be known as OCD's
:joyful:

Reactions: ddgermann
I searched around the lovely internet on slang for coins and currency 💴 (as you likely did Nik) and found nothing that seemed interesting or “Corvettey”.
So maybe something that is almost like currency in cars in general as they are often found missing and often changed.

Wheel center caps:
View attachment 19746

Pretty sure @SN-III could photoshop the hell out of one of these and create a CCF currency. 😂

The name.... wide open on that one. Likely a few clever guys with ideas out there.

Just a thought ...
Looks like a beer bottle cap.
Maybe make a special brew of beer for special events.

Did I hear staff have access to a 'safe'.....with Vette Coins in it ??.... :thumbs:
Oh yeah.... I'm back... 38 days and over 12,000 km... Unfortunately not in Ginger... :)

Welcome back Eric. I don't think there's change jingling in anybody's pockets yet … so the "safe" is full ;)

Did I hear staff have access to a 'safe'.....with Vette Coins in it ??.... :thumbs:

Oh yeah.... I'm back... 38 days and over 12,000 km... Unfortunately not in Ginger... :)

Welcome back boss.... Many online diplomas and passports were ordered in your absence thanks to really helpful newcomers.

Eric was gone over a month ? , geese I never noticed.....:Biggrin:........, seriously good the trip went well and now time to get back to everyday chores. I see a couple of C3's at the red deer auction next weekend, maybe go check 'em out.