I'm thinking I better look into this, but my question would be, after the car having 80,000+ on it already, is it too late?
Think of it this way - If you smoke cigarettes for years, and finally decide to quit, your lungs and body will get better. Maybe not 100%, but it will improve. So will your car. Oil buildup in the cylinders will burn off when you are no longer adding more than it can keep up with. The buildup might not burn off completely, but the important part is that it won't get thicker. When you start having clearance issues from the buildup, it is a really bad problem.

So here is a question for you all. I have a brand new catch can(still in the box) for 2014 Ram 1500 hemi, is there anyway I can make this work on the Vette with a little modification, or am I better off getting the correct one?

Sure you can! It's just a matter of running the hoses and finding a location to mount the can.

Reactions: Tinman
I actually run 2 Oil Catch Cans (in series) on my warmed over LS3. The first one gets most of the oil vapor and the second gets the rest. There was a time I actually had to remove the Throttle Body to gain access to the inside of my FAST intake..... pools of oil were collecting in the runners. Now nothing....... invest in a catch can. Simple to install and maintain.

Reactions: Tinman
I actually run 2 Oil Catch Cans (in series) on my warmed over LS3. The first one gets most of the oil vapor and the second gets the rest. There was a time I actually had to remove the Throttle Body to gain access to the inside of my FAST intake..... pools of oil were collecting in the runners. Now nothing....... invest in a catch can. Simple to install and maintain.
I saw 2 in series installed on a hellcat last week on utube. Makes sense that the first one might miss some. Wouldn't have a modern vehicle without one... Or two on modified or boosted applications.

Moderator removed my link due to forum rules. Sorry, didn't know I couldn't do that. There is way too much information for me to cut and paste here so just Google it and I'm sure you'll find it. I guess Macy's isn't helping Gimbles anymore?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.