hmmmmm So a pulley and a tune would easily take the ZR1 up 100 HP as well?..... :rolleyes:

There is a 710 package for my car that is mainly a pulley and tune. I think... maybe air in too.

Can't remember what the 750 package has... maybe headers and exhaust.

My car is crazy most times with 650-660 with my tune..... 710 and 750 would be nice in 2nd/3rd/4th but 1st might be a bit crazy. My 2009 has only the one position traction control to the 5 on the 2010 and ups... back then a 2010 was $10,000 more and a bit of a stretch for me.....

not gone that way..... but if I won the lotto and said Frick I am keeping my car I might.... and get Carravagio Daytona seats and interior stuff from John in Ont...

B

Reactions: ZZ007 and ddgermann
Specs from the upcoming issue of Car & Driver

But finally, a GM authorized peek at the 2019 Corvette ZR1 is scheduled for this Sunday! After many breathless predictions–and more than a few dead ends–we’ve got the biggest ‘Vette news since the 7th Gen intro and it’s right around the corner.

2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0001-640x450.png

Until then, check out these pics from a CorvetteForum member that leaked a scanned copy of Car and Driver’s ZR1 story and we’ve condensed a cheat sheet to whet your whistle. Here’s are the details of the 2019 Corvette ZR1.

2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0006-640x173.png

Body

• Unique fenders and hood from A-pillar forward. With FOUR heat exchangers in the new proboscis. Each nostril also contains a radiator and intercooler as well. The car tips the scale 140 pounds heavier than the Z06, mostly ahead of front wheels.
  • Heat soak? What heat soak?
  • Front fender vents unique to ZR1.
  • Available in coupe and convertible
  • ZTK performance package–with the bigger wing and 500 pounds of downforce–Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, specific suspension tuning and magnetic ride control.
  • Smaller wing is standard equipment.
  • Big riser hood and front fascia will NOT pass European pedestrian standards so look for Stateside availability only.
  • Predicted to be over two seconds faster than Z06 around Millford.
2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0010.png

Mechanical

• 6.2 liter Supercharged V8–dubbed LT5– with 750hp/680 ft-lbs of torque with direct and port fuel injection.
  • Eaton 2650cc blower is 2.9 inches taller than LT4 and presented some packaging concerns. (Higher so not legal in Europe I've read)
  • A seven-speed manual or eight-speed automatic will be your transmission choices. Corvette Online was correct about this as a little birdy told us the ten-speed automatic won’t fit the now aging C7 platform.
  • Aside from unique motor, the Z06 and ZR1 are almost identical in every other respect. They share transmissions, gear ratios, standard and optional rubber and Mag ride. The ZR1’s front tires are half an inch wider and has the optional Z07 brake package–with new pad material–as standard equipment, but most everything is shared between siblings and is quite a testament to the robust C7 chassis that it takes 100 more horsepower without a sweat.
  • 0-60 in less than three seconds
2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0009-640x302.png

Interrior is mostly carry-over. With specific trim and badging unique to ZR1

How Much?

Look for an MSRP of roughly $120,000.00

Here are key factors influencing timing of public roll-out of the ZR1 and when it will go on sale.

• The 2018 Corvette Model Year Will Be the Shortest In Decades
Unclaimed dealer orders ended October 27.
After a brand new paint line added, Bowling Green resumes ’18 production on November 6.
Orders for 2018 terminate November 16.
Last week of 2018 production is January 22. 2018 model year will be roughly three months long, with only 9,700 models produced.

• 2019 Corvette Model Year Begins End of January
Order guide goes live November 20.
Orders commence November 30.
2019 production starts January 29.

Specs from the upcoming issue of Car & Driver

But finally, a GM authorized peek at the 2019 Corvette ZR1 is scheduled for this Sunday! After many breathless predictions–and more than a few dead ends–we’ve got the biggest ‘Vette news since the 7th Gen intro and it’s right around the corner.

2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0001-640x450.png

Until then, check out these pics from a CorvetteForum member that leaked a scanned copy of Car and Driver’s ZR1 story and we’ve condensed a cheat sheet to whet your whistle. Here’s are the details of the 2019 Corvette ZR1.

2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0006-640x173.png

Body

• Unique fenders and hood from A-pillar forward. With FOUR heat exchangers in the new proboscis. Each nostril also contains a radiator and intercooler as well. The car tips the scale 140 pounds heavier than the Z06, mostly ahead of front wheels.
  • Heat soak? What heat soak?
  • Front fender vents unique to ZR1.
  • Available in coupe and convertible
  • ZTK performance package–with the bigger wing and 500 pounds of downforce–Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, specific suspension tuning and magnetic ride control.
  • Smaller wing is standard equipment.
  • Big riser hood and front fascia will NOT pass European pedestrian standards so look for Stateside availability only.
  • Predicted to be over two seconds faster than Z06 around Millford.
2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0010.png

Mechanical

• 6.2 liter Supercharged V8–dubbed LT5– with 750hp/680 ft-lbs of torque with direct and port fuel injection.
  • Eaton 2650cc blower is 2.9 inches taller than LT4 and presented some packaging concerns. (Higher so not legal in Europe I've read)
  • A seven-speed manual or eight-speed automatic will be your transmission choices. Corvette Online was correct about this as a little birdy told us the ten-speed automatic won’t fit the now aging C7 platform.
  • Aside from unique motor, the Z06 and ZR1 are almost identical in every other respect. They share transmissions, gear ratios, standard and optional rubber and Mag ride. The ZR1’s front tires are half an inch wider and has the optional Z07 brake package–with new pad material–as standard equipment, but most everything is shared between siblings and is quite a testament to the robust C7 chassis that it takes 100 more horsepower without a sweat.
  • 0-60 in less than three seconds
2019-corvette-zr1-revealed-with-full-pics-and-specs-0009-640x302.png

Interrior is mostly carry-over. With specific trim and badging unique to ZR1

How Much?

Look for an MSRP of roughly $120,000.00

Here are key factors influencing timing of public roll-out of the ZR1 and when it will go on sale.

• The 2018 Corvette Model Year Will Be the Shortest In Decades
Unclaimed dealer orders ended October 27.
After a brand new paint line added, Bowling Green resumes ’18 production on November 6.
Orders for 2018 terminate November 16.
Last week of 2018 production is January 22. 2018 model year will be roughly three months long, with only 9,700 models produced.

• 2019 Corvette Model Year Begins End of January
Order guide goes live November 20.
Orders commence November 30.
2019 production starts January 29.

Good info but those images are hotlink protected over at the website you got them from. If you want them to show here you'll need to down/up them manually or link from another source.

I delivered a new black 2015 Z06/07 to Sicamous from Edm for a multimillionaire.... I have already said I would be happy to deliver a new ZR1 to him...... :)

Partied after on a beach front place / his home and he flew me back from Kelowna to home..... paid me $500 to drive a new Z06 to him.

See if he gets one.

Come on Lotto 649! or Powerball... or Lottomax :)

B

You are on to me. Yes I’m following this one closely.
Fingers crossed for 800+. :D

Hoping just as much the torque number is way under estimated....

Not that I will ever own one Derek but I hope for you that C&D are wrong and it does come off the line with 800 ponies. Just the word 800 sounds better than 750...lol.... But in all honesty, the extra 100 HP over the Z06 is still pretty substantial. After all, it's only been two years since we were all drooling over 650.... Nothing American compares anyway. The Demon is nothing but an engine.... Anyone wants to brag about the Demon may as well just go out and buy one of the new 100,000 HP marine diesel engines....lol....

Not that I will ever own one Derek but I hope for you that C&D are wrong and it does come off the line with 800 ponies. Just the word 800 sounds better than 750...lol.... But in all honesty, the extra 100 HP over the Z06 is still pretty substantial. After all, it's only been two years since we were all drooling over 650.... Nothing American compares anyway. The Demon is nothing but an engine.... Anyone wants to brag about the Demon may as well just go out and buy one of the new 100,000 HP marine diesel engines....lol....

I hope the article is wrong too Eric as I’ve been obsessed with this car for a year.
For the price I expect will be attached to this car the stated torque and HP make it not at all worth it for me as I said thinking practically.
If this is a one of model, yes possibly one of the very few cars ever made that is a good investment. But then it becomes a garage monster and the focus is keeping the mileage low and the wear and tear off. Not a fun way to own a sports car.
So the master plan is still in play but the back end may be shifting to the C8.... we will see soon.
I’m already grinding the numbers of adding 200 hp to my Z and looking ahead to Zora.. :Biggrin:

I see where you're coming from Derek. And from my perspective, I totally agree.... I do think the C7 ZR1 will be very limited production. Especially the first year. I don't even see the second year (if there is a second year), increasing production very much as the hype next year will be on the Zora. That definitely does make the ZR1 a zero mileage collectors car and my term for that is a "Garage Princess" as opposed to "Monster".... (Although a 750 HP super car is a bit of a monster...lol).... But it will also be a $ 150,000.00 plus (CDN) car with all the bells and whistles, and that will go a long, long way towards a decked out Zora.....

So. That being said, adding 200 ponies to the Z06 is a testosterone play and I admire that, but lets face it.... That's the drug that makes us what we are.... Mine has subsided somewhat so the practical me comes into play some now and I and would be concerned about the long trip drive-ability/dependability of my baby if I modified her for 30% more power.... But with a Zora on the horizon.... no problem....lol...

We like to cruise down into the southern regions for at least one 5 or 6000 km run in the summer and the comfort level in my mind of driving an unmodified engine and hopefully dependable sports car does make me feel a bit better.... That may be just my age talking as I had several cars in my youth that were notorious for being the "drive for two days, then work on them for a day".... But that was in the days of Carters, Quadrajets, distributors, points, condensers, timing, etc..... so my concern may all be for naught....

So... all that aside, given a significant level of disposable income, I can't see any fault in your logic whatsoever.... Hooorah my friend and even though we haven't met yet, after Jeff and Ziggy, I'd be honoured to be considered for a co-pilot ride in both supercars...:thumbs:

We like to cruise down into the southern regions for at least one 5 or 6000 km run in the summer and the comfort level in my mind of driving an unmodified engine and hopefully dependable sports car does make me feel a bit better.....

Yes, this is so true......... I took my fox Mustang from 225 hp to 460hp and even though I had fun it wasn't the same driver car.

My ZR1 has a tune and that is it.... it is nice to have a car that you don't have to worry about.

Keep that in mind Derek before you maybe mod your new Z'd

B

Yes, this is so true......... I took my fox Mustang from 225 hp to 460hp and even though I had fun it wasn't the same driver car.

My ZR1 has a tune and that is it.... it is nice to have a car that you don't have to worry about.

Keep that in mind Derek before you maybe mod your new Z'd

B

Yes I agree with you guys. I want a start it, driven it and forget it level of reliability.

Might not do anything to it as it’s pretty fun now. I’ll decide after spring mountain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread