Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
There is that damn color again.

110817_1b.jpg

I was searching non stop for months on details on this car, and it's all been assumptions up until this point. I thought it would never come. The local dealer said they might get one if they're lucky. I was not interested in pricing battles with people over it. It better have been worth the wait and be a demon/acr viper eater! Even tho I saw the demons spontaneously combust on a delivery trailer and the vipers have stopped production.

Reactions: ddgermann
The only car in the class is the ACR. The Demon would be long gone in the rear view mirror after the first corner.
The ACR has better track times as it was faster in the corners. The aero plus the hp should put this ZR1 at least even now.

Your right though... finally the speculation is coming to an end. Then the YouTube vids come out. Can’t wait. :thumbs:

I was searching non stop for months on details on this car, and it's all been assumptions up until this point. I thought it would never come. The local dealer said they might get one if they're lucky. I was not interested in pricing battles with people over it. It better have been worth the wait and be a demon/acr viper eater! Even tho I saw the demons spontaneously combust on a delivery trailer and the vipers have stopped production.

The only car in the class is the ACR. The Demon would be long gone in the rear view mirror after the first corner.
The ACR has better track times as it was faster in the corners. The aero plus the hp should put this ZR1 at least even now.

Your right though... finally the speculation is coming to an end. Then the YouTube vids come out. Can’t wait. :thumbs:

I'm confident GM won't let us all down! They know what we want to see!!

The Z06 is already an ACR Viper eater in both the 1/4 mile and the 0 to 60 so there won't even be a contest for the ZR1.... In the same breath though, the ZR1 won't match the 840 HP of the Demon.... but comparing the Demon to the Corvette is like comparing hamburger to steak... There is no comparison... On the plus side, the ZR1 (rumoured at 750 HP) will likely weigh about 800 pounds less than the Demon so HP per pound will no doubt be in the ZR1's favor..... Whatever is uncovered, it will be nice to finally shed light on some of the conjecture...

And Derek.... We will be lining up and taking numbers for a ride..... :rolleyes:

The Z06 is already an ACR Viper eater in both the 1/4 mile and the 0 to 60 so there won't even be a contest for the ZR1.... In the same breath though, the ZR1 won't match the 840 HP of the Demon.... but comparing the Demon to the Corvette is like comparing hamburger to steak... There is no comparison... On the plus side, the ZR1 (rumoured at 750 HP) will likely weigh about 800 pounds less than the Demon so HP per pound will no doubt be in the ZR1's favor..... Whatever is uncovered, it will be nice to finally shed light on some of the conjecture...

And Derek.... We will be lining up and taking numbers for a ride..... :rolleyes:

That was what I meant by comparing them all. The demon is pretty good in a straight line, and the acr is good on the track. The demon is still in the muscle car category tho, and not in the performance/supercar category that the z06/zr1 is in. I feel GM has seen all the hype from the demon and the lighter weight will compensate the little loss in horsepower! I'm hoping the late release was to cover all the basis. Straight line and track dominator all in one! Few more days and we can see! I'm tired of seeing all the camo'd videos!

Remember the 750 HP is rumoured last I heard. Prior to the C7 Z06 the rumours were near 575 Hp.
This ZR1 could appear with 800 plus HP. Look at the huge nostrils on the thing and the size of the intercooler. Seems like overkill for 100 more HP.

Yes... that’s me fantasizing. I fully admit it.

However
I’m really not thinking many will want this car at the price for another 100 Hp which can easily be got from the C7 Z06 with a pulley and a tune.
I can also get a ricer wing and bolt it on my Z06 if I want.

I think the deal breaker for me will be less than 800 HP. I really hope GM goes for it and makes this a 850 HP car without buying the “optional” pricey chip to get it there like the Demon.
I totally get the Demon and it’s intent. Frankly it is a pretty cool set up from the factory. Electronic locker and the entire “this car is ready to drag race” concept. But bear in mind that you have to buy many of the things that actually get that car relevant on the drag strip as optional. Heck even the passenger seat is an option. So add all that up and wow big bucks for a straight line car.
I guess you can say the Corvette is no different with the huge span in options for performance but the basics for what the car is intended for is there from the 1LZ level.

Ok rant over.
Can you tell I’m anxious to get the ZR1 released? :D

Jeffy gets the first ride..... he’s earned it. :thumbs:

Reactions: turbozig
Remember the 750 HP is rumoured last I heard. Prior to the C7 Z06 the rumours were near 575 Hp.
This ZR1 could appear with 800 plus HP. Look at the huge nostrils on the thing and the size of the intercooler. Seems like overkill for 100 more HP.

Yes... that’s me fantasizing. I fully admit it.

However
I’m really not thinking many will want this car at the price for another 100 Hp which can easily be got from the C7 Z06 with a pulley and a tune.
I can also get a ricer wing and bolt it on my Z06 if I want.

I think the deal breaker for me will be less than 800 HP. I really hope GM goes for it and makes this a 850 HP car without buying the “optional” pricey chip to get it there like the Demon.
I totally get the Demon and it’s intent. Frankly it is a pretty cool set up from the factory. Electronic locker and the entire “this car is ready to drag race” concept. But bear in mind that you have to buy many of the things that actually get that car relevant on the drag strip as optional. Heck even the passenger seat is an option. So add all that up and wow big bucks for a straight line car.
I guess you can say the Corvette is no different with the huge span in options for performance but the basics for what the car is intended for is there from the 1LZ level.

Ok rant over.
Can you tell I’m anxious to get the ZR1 released? :D

Jeffy gets the first ride..... he’s earned it. :thumbs:

I get the 2nd ride after Jeffy, make sure he cleans up the passenger seat after, hehehe!

Well, I guess if we get a crack at the ZR1 for around ~$140,000, that's not too bad considering the Demon starts at $110,000.....if we're comparing apples to a pork chop.

I for one am always hoping they make the Corvette lighter so it's a bit disappointing to hear that it's creeping up an extra 140lb's in front, should that be true. I would guess that it must be all the intercoolers, extra cams and larger supercharger. They made the Z06 pretty light so I'm not sure where they would pull the extra weight from? Maybe that's why they got rid of the spats over the front tires? :D
Actually, if Chevy keeps adding cams and larger superchargers on their engines making the front heavier, the best thing they could do is put the engine in the back, where the weight would help! Now that's an idea! :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread