Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi all. Now that the mighty weed has been legal here in the Great White North for over a year now, I was curious to know how you all feel about it. Personally, I was impressed by our country’s forward thinking on this matter by finally making it legal. I was a user back over 30 years ago, but had not touched it since....until legalization.
Now, make no mistake, I don’t partake on a regular basis, but on a Friday or Saturday night, sitting around watching TV, I saw no harm in having a little toke or two. What kind of got me interested in this was prior to legalization, I would have 2-4 drinks on the weekends, and would sometimes get up the next day feeling like crap, and not having a good sleep at all. I was nowhere near drunk, but still felt the effects as if I was hungover. I don’t drink much, but enjoyed my little escapes on the weekends, but found the after effects to be annoying. Enter Cannabis. Now, when I have a little weed (really, just a little, as too much is not fun) I enjoy the evening and the next day I wake up feeling fine. I know this opinion might be met with some disdain, but I truly feel that Cannabis is less harmful on the body, and on society in general.
Thoughts?

Reactions: thomigun
How do you compare the strength of today's product compared to our old s**t...

It can be strong, but I like to buy the weaker stuff, with a balance between THC and CBD. The last time I smoked on the old days, I remember thinking “never again“, as it felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest...not fun. That was too strong, I guess.

Well I invested a fair chunk of coin into several pots stocks before it was legalized and we all knew it was coming. Pretty much the only promise Trudeau kept. Some of my friends made ton of cash from it and pulled out before it became legal. Like a fool I stayed in and once it became legal the bottom dropped out. Lost half of what I put in over the last year. Guess users don't like paying taxes on over priced marijuana. I should have done better research. LOL. Personally I don't use it.

Reactions: Cruzin
Never did it, never will. IMO the only reason it was legalized was so the Govt. could get their mitts on a cut of the cash.
You are right. I asked several friends of mine if they would buy the legal stuff and everyone said no. They didn't want to pay more for it and taxes on top.

Well I invested a fair chunk of coin into several pots stocks before it was legalized and we all knew it was coming. Pretty much the only promise Trudeau kept. Some of my friends made ton of cash from it and pulled out before it became legal. Like a fool I stayed in and once it became legal the bottom dropped out. Lost half of what I put in over the last year. Guess users don't like paying taxes on over priced marijuana. I should have done better research. LOL. Personally I don't use it.

Yeah I think we should've paid attention to Colorado. Legalization did not suddenly spike demand and some companies rather foolishly assumed they'd be 20 million new wacky backy smokers out there. Far from it. Honestly nothing has changed for anyone I know, those who partook still do and those who did not will not. All that changed was that my neighbourhood was filled with dispensaries for a period of 6 months that promptly went bust one after the other. I'm proud that Canada took the step though.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and kerry4
I’m “medicinal” not recreational. Need it to sleep. Pure thc, Pure CBD. Separate bottles. Cbd is for daytime use for my various.....”issues”. 30 years in the RCAF conducting SAR OPS will leave you with one or two....”memories”....you wish you didn’t have...

Personally, I don’t know why anyone would want to feel buggered up by this stuff. Not what I would call enjoyable. If I wake up at night (usually need to pee) when thc is rocking, I hate it. I hate being “fuzzy”, I don’t understand why anyone would want to be like that if they didn’t need to be. To each their own I guess.

The next day, I’m in sort of a “hung over” state until around 9-10 am. My biology is weird and the doc can’t seem to find my “sweet spot” where it puts me down but doesn’t mess me up the next morning. We’ve tried multiple “pharmaceuticals”, but I always have really bad “atypical” reactions. If a med says something like “1 in 1,000,000 grow a third arm”, the only question for me is where is it going to come out on my body. Sometimes, they try a med on me just to see what its going to do! I really confuse my doctors when it cones to med reactions....lol!

Not surprising though, my whole family reacts strangely to any meds and we burn through anesthesia super fast. I actually woke up and grabbed ahold of the surgeon when I had my gall bladder removed. He said he had my liver in his hands and just up out of my abdomin when I opened my eyes, reached over and grabbed his shirt and he said all he could do was start yelling “PUT HIM UNDER! PUT HIM UNDER! PUT HIM UNDER!”. I, however, don’t remeber any of it as I was fully “3 sheets to the wind” at that point. Apparently, I’m also a wee bit....”belligerent”.....when coning out of sedation....lol!

But for Recreational MJ use, I’m split on that one.

On one hand, I don’t really care if someone wants to sit at home (or a party or wherever it’s safe to indulge) and blast away their brain cells. Go as hard as you like, no skin off my derrière.

On the other hand, its now nothing to see a young couple driving down the road sharing a doob or a water pipe. It happened before legalization, but not something you would often see. Now I see it once on nearly every drive, where ever I go. Or you’ll see a couple younger adults smoking up in the hardware parking lot and when finished, hope in a car and blast off.

That drives me right around the bend. Do what you want in your own home, but don’t you bloody well dare endanger others with your Irresponsible behaviour. You’re piloting that 4,000 lb weapon on the same roads my daughter drives on. Gawd help you if you ever cause her harm, because I’ll be coming for you. Laws be damned...

My prediction for legalized MJ?

Mistake.

But a mistake from a social perspective, not a “war on drugs” bs type of thing. My issue is that I believe MJ is going to follow a similar path as alcohol use. Decades of misuse, accidents and death because (as a populace) we’re not mature enough to use it responsibly. My personal opinion is we are going to go through the whole “drunk driving” type thing all over again

Hopefully, it doesn’t take as long (or as many tragedies) to get to where we finally “clue in” to using MJ like we (as a society) are starting to get a handle on alcohol.

We’re only starting to get alcohol use under control though, only just now starting....

Last edited:
I certainly agree about the driving thing. It is unbelievable that people think they can consume and still drive. As far as alcohol vs cannabis goes, I really do think alcohol is a much bigger problem in society. The aggressive nature of people really comes out once impaired by alcohol, sometimes leading to altercations and violence. I once saw a hat that had the caption on it “Instant A-hole..just add alcohol “. How appropriate. Meanwhile, the pot smokers just want to relax and chill out. I have never seen it cause aggression in a user.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I recall in my teenage years some friends and I would partake of what at that time was called Alpaca Gold and after four puffs we were flying high. Pot definitely heightens the senses, but like most drugs can be addictive and leads to something that would get you a higher high. I knew some people at that time that used pot everyday and seemed to function well. I on the other hand found the next day after partaking pot I felt like I had been hit by a truck. When it came to driving a vehicle I would think I was going slow but wasn't and time would pass slowly. After experiencing these effects I stopped and never smoked pot again.
In regards to medical pot I do think it has beneficial properties for those who are experiencing a lot of pain, and giving small doses to children who are experiencing epileptic fits, the fits were cut down dramatically. The government didn't seem to take a lot of things in consideration when making pot legal. as prices were too high and users just got their supply from their regular suppliers for a better price. Their wasn't enough supplies and many owners went broke waiting to get more. I am sure the big companies who got in first in time will make lots of money but not many of the small dealers won't. Always seem to be pros and cons in regards to pot use.
I guess I will just get high on life and driving my new C8 when it comes this summer.

Never tried pot and never had any interest. I agree it's a tax grab, just like cigarettes and liquor. Huge amount of resources (policing, courts, medical) have gone into prevention of cannabis use. Now those resources can be directed elsewhere ... except when dealing with impaired drivers and those individuals that use pot in situations where they shouldn't. Overall, so many people use it that legalization hasn't made much of a difference.

Reactions: kerry4
A good friend of mine almost lost his leg in a bike accident. Some 21 year old girl on her cell phone took him out in a roundabout when she changed lanes right beside him without looking. He was in very rough shape. He swears about the CBD oil. Takes it to get him through the night. Doesn't get him stoned but relaxes him enough to sleep. My wife uses the CBD salve on her tendinitis on her arm. Seems to help. She was very skeptical about it thinking it wouldn't work but drained if it did. So I am sold that there are medicinal purposes for it. But I also agree here that we have enough problems on our roads with distracted drivers and impaired ones that adding stoners is not a good idea. If only people were responsible it would save a lot of lives.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I recall in my teenage years some friends and I would partake of what at that time was called Alpaca Gold and after four puffs we were flying high. Pot definitely heightens the senses, but like most drugs can be addictive and leads to something that would get you a higher high. I knew some people at that time that used pot everyday and seemed to function well. I on the other hand found the next day after partaking pot I felt like I had been hit by a truck. When it came to driving a vehicle I would think I was going slow but wasn't and time would pass slowly. After experiencing these effects I stopped and never smoked pot again.
In regards to medical pot I do think it has beneficial properties for those who are experiencing a lot of pain, and giving small doses to children who are experiencing epileptic fits, the fits were cut down dramatically. The government didn't seem to take a lot of things in consideration when making pot legal. as prices were too high and users just got their supply from their regular suppliers for a better price. Their wasn't enough supplies and many owners went broke waiting to get more. I am sure the big companies who got in first in time will make lots of money but not many of the small dealers won't. Always seem to be pros and cons in regards to pot use.
I guess I will just get high on life and driving my new C8 when it comes this summer.

Hexo in Quebec is near bankruptcy, they thought they would make it big. They already layed off hundreds of employees after a few months of operation.

• Sad
Hexo in Quebec is near bankruptcy, they thought they would make it big. They already layed off hundreds of employees after a few months of operation.
I'm in that too. Has gone down 92% in a year. :-(

And now for your theme song when you are with a few friends enjoying.

I remember that song. Many moon ago I used to play drums in a different rock bands and we used to play that song for a joke and found that the people just loved it. So we kept it as a regular song. Good times back in the 70's. From what I remember. LOL.

I remember that song. Many moon ago I used to play drums in a different rock bands and we used to play that song for a joke and found that the people just loved it. So we kept it as a regular song. Good times back in the 70's. From what I remember. LOL.

Lol... Too funny... I also played in a band in 70's. 1975 we were playing this one.....

You think @MikeysZ06 Mountain Stories are entertaining ...
He woulda likely been all over this thread with
first hand stories of “the industry” prior to legalizing it.
Our loss ... as it's not a topic between he and I.

"FREE MIKEY"
... bad boy
3DAC10A2-6DD4-4BE0-9871-CD67E765D046.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.