looking for a Canadian dealership with a Z06 allocation for this spring??

• SOME AVAILABLE

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • NONE AVAILABLE

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Should be someone around to snap up that Z06! I wish I was in the hunt for one!
I'm looking forward to seeing that Z come to Saskatchewan. Hopefully they'll stop by Saskatoon to say hi.

I think it has now been long enough. Time for GM Employee pricing here and generally many more allocations for Canada. The U.S. is more of less stock full of Z06's, so it should now be our time. I know the exchange situation is wind in our face, but with dealer discounts of 10% or so down south, they need to throw us a bone up here if they want to keep the line going full tilt.

Sold my C5 last spring, and still waiting patiently for much less than MSRP pricing on Z06. The more time that goes by, the less opportunity that GM Canada will have to close the sale.

Last edited:
Intuitively you would think GM would ramp it up, but with the exchange rate being what it is why would they ? , especially since dealers are getting full list. So maybe they make a few more or a few less . I would not be waiting for discounts on the ZO6 , base stingray yes.

Intuitively you would think GM would ramp it up, but with the exchange rate being what it is why would they ? , especially since dealers are getting full list. So maybe they make a few more or a few less . I would not be waiting for discounts on the ZO6 , base stingray yes.
Yes I understand. I have a busy business life right now, so it is easier to be patient. Even with the exchange if the line needs production GM Canada can provide supply and push the dealer margin down as their will be more cars available for dealers to profit from.,

The saga continues.
The details and progress of ordering a Z06 I posted earlier.
My dealer where I got my 2015 Stingray convertible got a Z07 allotment Jan 11th. They advised me Jan 18th they couldn't fill my first in line Z06 order of Aug 2015 and they didn't think they were getting any further allotments for 2016.
Jan 21st I called 3 local dealers all of which said they were learning what their allotment mix would be on Jan 28th. Two dealers called me back the same day with encouraging things to say.
One dealer was very confident they could get me an allotment. Friday Jan 29th the confident dealer e-mailed me that they got an allotment for me. Being away at the time, an appointment was set for Feb 2 to write it up. In the meantime the dealer that said they couldn't fill my order asked for 2 days to try to obtain an allotment to fill my order. During my appointment Feb 2 at the dealer with the allotment I learned that the allotment they received was conditional on the order being placed day Jan 30th as the allotment was specifically granted to fill a customer Bona fide order. So the dealer placed the order Jan 30th using my build specs which included the CFV ground effects that were at 10% constraint. Oh no!
The CFV option being deleted from the order Feb 2. to clear constrained option.

Asking for 2 days to see if my original dealer could secure an allotment wasn't happening. If the other dealer could get allotment it would have made things simplified for me. The HST reduction from the significant $ in trade in made as well as price protection from Aug 2015 would not be lost. And the the allotment secured by the new dealer could be taken by Dr.Phil.

Well better to take the one in the hand and let the one in the bush carry on.

So off I happily go to Mexico for 2 weeks, checking with my Rep periodically to see if all is well. Sending my original dealer revised specs for the order remaining with them to a 2017 convertible to which he replied I would be the first and only one to get a Z06 allotment for 2017 at their dealership.
Wed. Feb 17th my order placed with allotment was at Status Code 3000, yahoo! With order number provided I ordered the buyers tour and photo album.
Feb 19th the dealer that asked for 2 days to secure allotment e-mailed me that they got the allotment if by chance I wanted it. OOPS! But it had to be entered by noon on the 20th and the carbon fiber options had to be deleted due to constraints. Nope, want them, so carry on. Order still in play with price protection and knowing 2017 Z06 production not to commence until Sept 5th likely wont see the car until spring 2017.

Anyone looking for a 2015 2LT torch red Stingray convertible, adrenaline red \ black interior, Nav, performance exhaust, chrome wheels, premium floor matts, red indoor cover, intact shipping cover, battery protection, rear facia protection?

Correct BTZ06, the 2016 is at 3000. The other order for which I am still obligated to, with a sizable trade in made in Aug 2015, has been changed from MY2016 coupe to MY2017 convertible.

Allflash is correct, first in line for the first 2017 Z06 allotment at that dealer. Obviously MY2017 Z06 allotment wont be available until maybe, like, July or so I guess.
The order has been price protected since Aug 2015. With that dealers only Z06 allotment from the Jan 2016 allotments being a Z07, my order went to wait in line again. The dealer said in writing "no other allotments for 2016 expected", so my order is pushed off to MY2017. Hopefully with continued price protection as the order could not be filled.

Possible stag though. - Having passed over (because I didn't want to delete the visible carbon fiber options) the special allotment granted to that dealer of Feb 19th, to address dealer secured customer orders, GM and Dealer may say my order with the trade in a new 2017 order. However this hasn't been the case with previous orders at that dealership with price protection spanning more than a year in some cases as it took that long to get the the car as ordered what with various constraints and all. Particularly for those wanting a Z51 with specific color.

Odd situation I have. My original thoughts were to drive the 2015 Stingray convertible and 2016 Z06 coupe for the summer then maybe trade or sell the 2015 and get a 2017 to replace it. A Stingray not Z06!

But to ensure the 2016 Z06 coupe as ordered was delivered this year, I had to place another order at the dealer that secured an allotment for my me on Jan 28th. Had the dealer with my original order of Aug 2015 got the their special allotment of Feb 19th back on like Jan 28th, as the other dealer did, all this crap wouldn't have happened and I would be keeping my 2015 Stingray.
The other option was to sit back and pray the original dealer got another Z06 allotment in time to get the car as ordered. But that as we all know all to well would typically lead to NO 2016 being delivered.

Ric... I gotta say that I am definitely disappointed that we never met up this week! Reading your explanations...I can just see myself sitting back with a beverage and smiling wondering "What the hell?" You definitely have a methodical way to arriving at your final point!

So are we getting and keeping the 16Z?

Very confusing. Seems to me you are getting a 16. But you also are obliged to trade your 15 against the 17. But then you go on to say that you really want a base stingray which you already have but have traded.
Interesting scenario is being set up where your dealer is obliged to take a 15 sometime in 17 Presumably at a price agreed to last year( trade-in price ) and has to price protect the 17. This makes for interesting reading as I sit in the airport waiting to board my flight home

Yes Allflash keeping the 16 Z. After all I had to go through to get it, the way I want it! Hell Ya!

Yes BTZ06 confusing as hell. I almost lost track of which cup the pea was under. Just to clarify, the vehicle trade in, back in Aug 2015 was my wife's 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Limited. Still have the 2015 Ray. But may end up trading or selling it for the 2016 Z06 NOW with TPW 3/21 !!!! Most likely keep it for summer as earliest 17 Z would be delivered would be Sept or Oct if allotments are doled out like July.

wow, I did not think it would be so hard to by a Corvette. Helping my dad order a Shark Grey 3LZ Z07 Coupe. Neither of the two dealers in Calgary that I talked to has allocation left. Both had 2 this year. The one dealer had 2 allotted last year and said they were able to get 2 additional. The fleet manager I am dealing with said the retail manager is confident he can get another for this year. After reading this I don't know... We do have a fleet of 70 or so GM trucks in our business fleet so I am hoping that helps us get an allocation!
Just waiting for my dad to confirm his options this afternoon and then can order.
Will let you know if we can get a spot or if we are still looking!

You are answering your own concern without knowing it....and welcome to the site. Do not look at any dealer that sells only two Corvettes a year...period. Check out the more successful dealers between Calgary and Edmonton and you will find that allocation. I guarantee it.

Not 2 corvettes total, but 2 Z06s. Both are highly successful dealerships. Anyway I will see if we can order from the one as they knocked $4k off MSRP as we buy most of our trucks from them.

Oh sorry and 3LZ Z07 may be extremely difficult...even I misread. Yes finding a Z06 right now will be next to impossible, especially if you are not flexible in any constrained items such as visible carbon fiber.

My suggestion would now change to your contacting every Corvette dealer in Alberta in search of that allocation. It was not so long ago that Gateway in Edmonton called me out of the blue and I moved that car to another.