looking for a Canadian dealership with a Z06 allocation for this spring??

• SOME AVAILABLE

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • NONE AVAILABLE

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2015
Sault Ste. Marie
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06 ordered
Does anyone know of a Canadian Dealership with a Z06 allocation????? I have had an order on a GM dealership desk in Winnipeg since Jan. 2015 Birchwood GM, and again they have not been given an allocation. The problem with GM is that they do not keep track of orders. Another smaller dealership in Winnipeg received 2 Z06's Sept. and Oct. for STOCK!! I do not understand why GM would not fill orders first starting with ones that were ordered first. approx. 8500 Z06's were built in 2015 and less that 50 come to Canada. Again this doesn't seem fair to Canadians who are willing to pay the difference on the dollar. My Shark Grey colour is being eliminated , last order April 15/16. My understanding is that orders for Corvettes are down almost 5% when Canadians orders would probably push orders up. Phil

Thanks, I sent ALLF
Handled...timing is everything. I just received word of an allocation and read this and Phil is making the call.
Handled...timing is everything. I just received word of an allocation and read this and Phil is making the call.

NOW LOOKING AT YOUR TRIP WHICH WE HOPED TO DO THIS SUMMER IN A Z06 HAS MADE ME EVEN MORE DETERMINED TO FIND AN ALLOCATION!!!!! PHIL

the address doesn't look like a Chev dealer. Be cautious.

Oh absolutely :) Likely not a real address. There's also no phone number so could be anyone or anything. If you're going to send payment via Western Union gimme a call first :)

Sent him a note just for kicks. Probably a 'dealer' trying to make a quick buck out of a cancellation.

Hey Phil / Les. There's a fellow in the C7 Z06 forum (new member looking for advice) that suggests hes offering up his allocation. Posted this morning. Here's a screen shot of the message. Good Luck

Eric

Ric

Corvette:
2015 Stingray
Start a Conversation
Hey Mike, still looking for a dealer with Z06 allotment. Not Z07 optioned car.
You see my situation in the previous post.
I now have allotment for Z06 at another dealer which I may not take do to constraints on some options I wanted, so if I don't take th allotment it will be available to be ordered in the next couple of weeks.

#16Ric, 39 minutes ago

Birchwood has passed by a few people claiming to be promised a Z06 from them including a close friend who placed an order for one Nov 2014, and still waiting and was told he was first in line. He was told he was 1st for the 2015, but they side stepped him to sell to another customer. Good thing he placed an order at another dealer and he got his 2015 last June. Since sold and a 2016 on order again.

Murray's had 2 X 2016 delivered last year I know of, a Laguna Blue a Yellow C7R. Vickar's had one come in that sat on the lot for sale for almost 6 weeks plus, I think it was Shark Grey or maybe it was Blade Silver? It was a loaded Z07. Can say but I bet they each still have one coming this Spring, just not sure it they both have buyers. I can hook you with the best contact at each dealer if you like. Just PM me.
Cheers

Phil you mentioned another "smaller dealership" got 2 last year, which might that have been as you understand it?
If that smaller dealer is who I think you're thinking of, well they were the highest volume GM dealer in ALL of Canada for 2014 & 2015. Not for Corvettes, but total sold units of GM product.
We have 4 Corvette dealers, for 2015 model year, I know one got 3 X Z06, one got 2 X Z06, each of those 2 got one Z07 each of their allocations and the other 2 dealers got 1 each. 7 total for Winnipeg.

Birchwood has passed by a few people claiming to be promised a Z06 from them including a close friend who placed an order for one Nov 2014, and still waiting and was told he was first in line. He was told he was 1st for the 2015, but they side stepped him to sell to another customer. Good thing he placed an order at another dealer and he got his 2015 last June. Since sold and a 2016 on order again.

Murray's had 2 X 2016 delivered last year I know of, a Laguna Blue a Yellow C7R. Vickar's had one come in that sat on the lot for sale for almost 6 weeks plus, I think it was Shark Grey or maybe it was Blade Silver? It was a loaded Z07. Can say but I bet they each still have one coming this Spring, just not sure it they both have buyers. I can hook you with the best contact at each dealer if you like. Just PM me.
Cheers

ABSOLUTELY,ANY CONTACTS WILL HELP. IF YOU WISH TO CALL TRY MY CELL 705 945-1856. VERY INTERESTING ABOUT THE OTHER DEALERSHIPS RECEIVING ALLOCATIONS!! PHIL

Very, very funny phone call just now... someone who I had been speaking with FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW just called and stated WN called him yesterday and told him he HAS to get his order in today latest for a Z06 or they will move it to another. He was a bit concerned as they told him they could not get it with visible CF Ground Effects because of constraint...and asked me what I thought. So... what did I say??? FIX IT AND GET THE ORDER NUMBER ONCE THE ORDER IS SUBMITTED! Believe it or not, he was going to pass until he could get his CF Gfx. I told him about Caravaggio. So for anyone new to explain a bit...

Allocations, which no doubt are the last for the year, were distributed to dealers Thursday. CF Ground Effects have been on constraint since the beginning of time and the dealer has no power to get that. The dealer has until Tuesday to have your order in line and accepted with 'NOTHING LISTED THAT IS UNDER CONSTRAINT'. So what WN was telling our guy is that if he didn't get the order in today, there were others on the waiting list. On Tuesday (evening actually) GM will review the order, and even in very rare cases where an item is under constraint, they may accept that order but it is not likely and not worth the chance. If they refuse it then, the dealership loses that allocation and doesn't have the opportunity to resubmit (from what I am told). If all is in order, they will accept it and your status will jump from 1100 to 2000, a build date will be identified and it will jump to 3000 AND YOU ARE IN! Last year, I was at 3000 status and knew my build date within 24 hours.

All in all congrats to WN for pulling through as this is THE FIRST person I had been working with who received that Z06 allocation through them.

Last edited:
ABSOLUTELY,ANY CONTACTS WILL HELP. IF YOU WISH TO CALL TRY MY CELL 705 945-1856. VERY INTERESTING ABOUT THE OTHER DEALERSHIPS RECEIVING ALLOCATIONS!! PHIL

Nik has already mentioned this Phil.... At any given time there are millions of spam bots searching this and every other internet site screening for phone numbers and email addresses so they can harass you with telemarketer and other bogus calls and spam mail until the end of time. Your choice but if you click under the contacts avatar where it says " Start a Conversation", you can send them private messages. Just sayin.

Eric

Hello folks new to this forum, ZZ007...been reading it for awhile, learned a great deal, thanks to all.

I just changed my order from visible CF ground effects to painted black. There are no other constraints for my vert. I should be good to go this spring!