Got some bad Z06 allocation news this afternoon. Canadian distribution is expecting NO MORE ALLOCATIONS
until January 2023 for the Z06! Hence my new signature. Even those that got a regular Stingray allocation are waiting a long time. I know of a car that was ordered 7 weeks ago today and still doesn't have a TPW yet when that usually took about 2 weeks in the past.

Got some bad Z06 allocation news this afternoon. Canadian distribution is expecting NO MORE ALLOCATIONS
until January 2023 for the Z06! Hence my new signature. Even those that got a regular Stingray allocation are waiting a long time. I know of a car that was ordered 7 weeks ago today and still doesn't have a TPW yet when that usually took about 2 weeks in the past.
Not good.....more wait.

Someone claimed that they did and that the allocation went to that someone’s friend
Word is starting to leak out that the same thing is happening in Canada as happened in the US with regards to initial allocations. Our top dealers were missed with the original 15 allocations that were given out Aug 18th. In the US they immediately gave extra allocations to the top dealers that got none. I heard there was a lot of screaming behind closed doors about how those 15 allocations went out due to personnel on vacation, and a few extra Canadian allocations went out last Thursday to some of our top dealers. Still trying to confirm the exact number, but things are very quiet right now.

Word is starting to leak out that the same thing is happening in Canada as happened in the US with regards to initial allocations. Our top dealers were missed with the original 15 allocations that were given out Aug 18th. In the US they immediately gave extra allocations to the top dealers that got none. I heard there was a lot of screaming behind closed doors about how those 15 allocations went out due to personnel on vacation, and a few extra Canadian allocations went out last Thursday to some of our top dealers. Still trying to confirm the exact number, but things are very quiet right now.
You are correct. Top dealers were screaming after the 15 went out. Additional allocation did go out and 2 Alberta dealerships received allocations in the afternoon on the Wednesday with an anticipated production prior to Dec31.2022. I have a copy of the email from GM which I would love to post but shouldn't. I was also told the original 15 allocations cars will not be built as quick as the second round of allocations given out. Those 15 will sit until 2023.

Yes, I have confirmed that one of the original 15 allocations given to a dealer is at 3000 status, but that doesn't seem to mean anything lately as I know of another Stingray order that has been sitting at 3000 status for almost 8 weeks now!

You are correct. Top dealers were screaming after the 15 went out. Additional allocation did go out and 2 Alberta dealerships received allocations in the afternoon on the Wednesday with an anticipated production prior to Dec31.2022. I have a copy of the email from GM which I would love to post but shouldn't. I was also told the original 15 allocations cars will not be built as quick as the second round of allocations given out. Those 15 will sit until 2023.
I see no reason not to post the email from GM. And where did you get this info from?

Yes, I have confirmed that one of the original 15 allocations given to a dealer is at 3000 status, but that doesn't seem to mean anything lately as I know of another Stingray order that has been sitting at 3000 status for almost 8 weeks now!
Not good 8 weeks...... I received allocation last Wednesday. I was not one of the original 15. Mine order has moved 4 event codes in a week and is now at 3000. Dealer was asking my details on BV4 which I provided today.

Not good 8 weeks...... I received allocation last Wednesday. I was not one of the original 15. Mine order has moved 4 event codes in a week and is now at 3000. Dealer was asking my details on BV4 which I provided today.
just to be clear, you are saying that you have received a Z06 allocation?

As I said in the C8 section you might be one of the first! Crazy cool. Might I ask if you did the $5k VIN selection as you clearly obtained Canadian car #49 in the past...

I just hope this same situation doesn't occur with my E-Ray when they do appear. I'm #1 at my dealership and don't like waiting...LOL.

I'm like an incompetent doctor...no patience. Hehe.

As I said in the C8 section you might be one of the first! Crazy cool. Might I ask if you did the $5k VIN selection as you clearly obtained Canadian car #49 in the past...

I just hope this same situation doesn't occur with my E-Ray when they do appear. I'm #1 at my dealership and don't like waiting...LOL.

I'm like an incompetent doctor...no patience. Hehe.
I'll be one of the first just not sure what number I'll be? I was in discussion with my dealer on the personal badge between the seat and what it will say? First in Alberta we are pointing towards. In 2020 the VIN selection wasn't offered. I just lucked out with having a low vin and a great dealership. There are a few people on the form stating they received the first C8 my area which clearly not true. The vin number doesn't lie.

Interesting. My 2020 coupe was VIN 049 and was the 49th car off the line:

1G1Y72D43L5100049

IMG_20200428_111931_807.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.