Casual User
You're 5
Jan 17, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06 LB
Hello Forum Mates,

I have an order placed since August of 2014 for a 2015 Z06 with a Toronto Dealer. This order has stayed at 1100 even though every other order with a true allocation in Canada seems to have advanced in the last few week.

My question is, I believe my current dealer has "exaggerated" their allocation promised to me, so, can I transfer my order to another Dealer who has allocation so I don't loose my price protection?

Maybe Owais from Gateway can chime in as our trusted forum dealer?

Thanks for your replies.

Matt

Who is your dealer? The ONLY thing your present order does at this dealer is gives you price protection, but GM doesn't recognize it whatsoever until that dealer applies an allocation to it. Placement of the allocation is totally up to the dealer and, in fact, he can make his allocation a dealer order and not apply it to your allocation if he chooses. I am sure Owais will confirm that it can't be transferred as many would have done this prior to now in cases similar to yours with the C7.

As for a dealer with an open allocation, I would look into this very closely considering so few came to Canada, all of which were given to customers, and there are large waiting lists right now. I can pretty much GUARANTEE there is not an open allocation anywhere. Many waiting have had very healthy offers to sell there allocations and now, US model typical pricing is in the 140K range...and they are selling. Actually I think there was recently that Windsor Canadian arrival that went for 137K plus...if it was a real sale at all and not someones idea of a joke.

I guess, in short, I would have no problem whatsoever grabbing that allocation from the other dealer without the price protection and now. If you end up with 2 orders, you will make well above that price increase from those wanting that extra allocation. If you dont want it, pm me and I will take it immediately. More than a few I know are on waiting lists right now and would gladly jump at that.

Who is your dealer? The ONLY thing your present order does at this dealer is gives you price protection, but GM doesn't recognize it whatsoever until that dealer applies an allocation to it. Placement of the allocation is totally up to the dealer and, in fact, he can make his allocation a dealer order and not apply it to your allocation if he chooses. I am sure Owais will confirm that it can't be transferred as many would have done this prior to now in cases similar to yours with the C7.

As for a dealer with an open allocation, I would look into this very closely considering so few came to Canada, all of which were given to customers, and there are large waiting lists right now. I can pretty much GUARANTEE there is not an open allocation anywhere. Many waiting have had very healthy offers to sell there allocations and now, US model typical pricing is in the 140K range...and they are selling. Actually I think there was recently that Windsor Canadian arrival that went for 137K plus...if it was a real sale at all and not someones idea of a joke.

I guess, in short, I would have no problem whatsoever grabbing that allocation from the other dealer without the price protection and now. If you end up with 2 orders, you will make well above that price increase from those wanting that extra allocation. If you dont want it, pm me and I will take it immediately. More than a few I know are on waiting lists right now and would gladly jump at that.
Thanks Les, I know there is no hope for a 2015 allocation, and I doubt even any 2016s left, sounds like my best bet is just keep quiet on this order and hope that this dealer comes through as promised or can get me a 2016.

It's too bad the dealer wouldnt have been honest when I placed the order though, at least at that time I might still have lined up a 2016, now I probably cannot get anything until 2017.

Ridiculous that you cannot get a car for 3 years when you have the money to do so. Not sure what GM is thinking giving Canada so few allocations.

Still like to hear Owais 2 cents on this.

Cheers.

Matt

@Matt: Price protection is only applicable if you stick with the current dealership. If you change your dealership now then you lose the price protection but probably a better shot at getting a 2015 Z06. If price protection is that important to you then ride the wave and stick with the current order in hopes of getting it. In case you dont get it then start looking for a 2016 allocation now.

FYI at Gateway we have not opened our books for 2016's (base, Z51 or Z06) yet and have not accepted any deposits for 2016's either. Once we open our books for 2016's the forum members here will be the first to know.

We are still hopeful that we may get a base C7 and a Z51 for 2015 by the end of April.

Just a reminder we still have a 2015 Convertible Z51 3LT in stock for immediate delivery if anyone is interested. PM for more details.

Thank you Owais that is good to know about price protection.

And thank you, Scrubby for given me a glint of hope that I may still get something in 2015. I would prefer the 160,000 KM Warranty that comes with the '15 over the 100K reduction in the '16. I plan on keeping this car for a long time.

Cheers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.