View attachment 10397 View attachment 10398 View attachment 10399 View attachment 10400

Check this out. This masterpiece graces the city as you enter from the west. City council and no doubt tax spender and overall "it's what the citizens of Calgary want" alderman Druh Farrell are behind this. And without question our Mayor,The purple prince Naheed Nenshi too. This is costing us $500,000 and to add more insult,this was designed by a bozo from New York City. It's supposed to signify some native Indian heritage. I'll attach the news paper clipping about this as well as a short vid after 4 pm MST. As well on our AM news radio station,660 AM they're saying the CTF ( Canadian taxpayers federation ) has requested the city halt spending immediately on public art. Lol. Yeah ok.

Lol. This couldn't wait. I made a wifi stop to bring this to you. I apologize for the "F" bomb in advance.

WTF????

I don't know what to say about that scrap iron! I have seen better metal art in scrap yards. At least Edmonton has shiny balls, LOL.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
And whereabouts in your city are those at ?? Are they Brass!

They are on the South East side of the Quesnel bridge. And no, there is a big pile of shiny chrome stacked balls on the end of the bridge, not brass, ha ha. That was a $500,000 touch when they widened the bridge. A great driving distraction at a merge lane on a bridge, what a genius idea that was! :Banghead:

IMG_2431.JPG
Here's me staring at them at 9:00 this morning. A car stopped and asked me when we're taking them down !!

And they have already spent over more than $25k to clean the graffiti off of them numerous times... Like who couldn't see that coming other than bureaucrats?

Edmonton's Shiny Balls!
ugly-sculptures-14-57c531add5b51__700.jpg
Wow !! At first glance my thoughts of that are " A load of slingshot ammo for a giant" or " Balls,I got em "

$25.000 for graffiti removal !! Yeah,city councils !! Aren't they something.

Thanks Pep. I'll have to stop there sometime for a photo !!

And they have already spent over more than $25k to clean the graffiti off of them numerous times... Like who couldn't see that coming other than bureaucrats?

Edmonton's Shiny Balls!
ugly-sculptures-14-57c531add5b51__700.jpg

Maybe they are supposed to be a pile of the worlds biggest ball bearings?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread