Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG_2350.JPG
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2352.JPG
IMG_2353.JPG

Check this out. This masterpiece graces the city as you enter from the west. City council and no doubt tax spender and overall "it's what the citizens of Calgary want" alderman Druh Farrell are behind this. And without question our Mayor,The purple prince Naheed Nenshi too. This is costing us $500,000 and to add more insult,this was designed by a bozo from New York City. It's supposed to signify some native Indian heritage. I'll attach the news paper clipping about this as well as a short vid after 4 pm MST. As well on our AM news radio station,660 AM they're saying the CTF ( Canadian taxpayers federation ) has requested the city halt spending immediately on public art. Lol. Yeah ok.

Lol. This couldn't wait. I made a wifi stop to bring this to you. I apologize for the "F" bomb in advance.

Last edited:
At least it is supposed to represent something. Our Ontario premier Wynne spent over $120,000 on a giant floating duck???????????? What the hell is that supposed to represent. These politicians should be kicked out of office and have their paycheques contribute to the idiot ideas they come up with. What a waste of tax dollars.

Mike that's one of the best rants I've seen in a long time. Think of all the school books / tablets and winter boots and coats that could have bought for Calgary's kids with struggling parents or no parents. Very likely if we spent this type of money on these kids they would grow up and some day get into city council knowing how to properly handle taxpayers money...
So frustrating! Especially some visually offensive junkyard creation POS like that.

D

Mike that's one of the best rants I've seen in a long time. Think of all the school books / tablets and winter boots and coats that could have bought for Calgary's kids with struggling parents or no parents. Very likely if we spent this type of money on these kids they would grow up and some day get into city council knowing how to properly handle taxpayers money...
So frustrating! Especially some visually offensive junkyard creation POS like that.

D
That's exactly what the outrage is about here regarding this.

That's exactly what the outrage is about here regarding this.
If this is all the artistic talent that is around, then we are in big trouble. Apparently we are so lacking in talent that they have to import this crap and rubber ducks too. Then again, just watch a CBC show or two and the lack of Canadian talent is more obvious than ever. If it weren't for government subsidies to the tune of about a billion dollars a year, the whole CBC would starve to death. This really has become a pitiful country, run by pitiful leaders, elected by a pitiful electorate. We as a whole have to wake up.

Here's the big blue ring along Airport trail. This thing has been here for 4 years now according to the dedication plaque. Again,this is art. That is how we/you are supposed to see it. According to official surveys,we want this stuff. And the funny thing is. For the very few people who like this crap,there's nowhere near here to park to come "enjoy" it. Deerfoot trail to the east. A future commercial area to the south and the subdivision of Harvest Hills to the west. It's on the side of a 6 lane road. But,there is a paved bike path alongside.

Anyway,enjoy my rant. Again,sorry for the "F" bomb. I'm off to a happier place now. Corvettes ripping around the budget lot !! Vid to come later.

Happy long weekend !!

Lol. That's got to be a bargain at $120,000 !! Nenshi would've paid more than that !! But the stipulation would've been. It has to be purple !! That's hilarious !! Would've loved to see the letters to the editor in the local papers !! Lol. Oh Kathleen !! Lol. Thanks for digging that up Brent.

Reactions: Brent08
Yeah, it was a big duck and a bigger waste of tax dollars. How does this represent Canada's 150???? When hospitals are struggling, schools don't have money, infra-structure is crumbling, first nations don't have clean water to drink, policing don't have budgets to properly protect the people, yet these idiot politicians seem to find money for ridiculous things and then give themselves 25% pay raises for a job well done. Oh wait .... there is more money, invent a new tax, increase the old tax. Love my country, hate the government. Sorry about the rant, but this kind of none sense has to stop.

Yeah, it was a big duck and a bigger waste of tax dollars. How does this represent Canada's 150???? When hospitals are struggling, schools don't have money, infra-structure is crumbling, first nations don't have clean water to drink, policing don't have budgets to properly protect the people, yet these idiot politicians seem to find money for ridiculous things and then give themselves 25% pay raises for a job well done. Oh wait .... there is more money, invent a new tax, increase the old tax. Love my country, hate the government. Sorry about the rant, but this kind of none sense has to stop.
I agree 100%. Canada is the best country on earth to live in but it seems all levels of our existing governments seem bent on destroying it. Well that's my 5 cents anyway. I prefer to think happy (Corvette related) thoughts!

Guys, let's agree to keep this civil and remove profanity. We don't have specific rules against discussing politics but we're well aware that political discussions can be incendiary as let's face it not everyone is a paying member of the Monster Raving Loony Party like I am.

You think I'm making this up? Check this: Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Wikipedia

Thread can continue but keep written emotions in check.

Thanks for reading.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread