67HEAVEN

Regular
2 You're 10
Aug 23, 2010
Southcentral Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1967 BBC coupe
In the deep, dark reaches of a Canadian winter, the project monster's boney fingers have me by the throat. It's been 7 or 8 years since I finished the last one, so this year, I gave in again.

As some of you know, the hunt for the right car is already on, and parts are being acquired. Right now, I'm standing at the front window watching for big brown.

The Mrs. thinks I'm crazy. Purrrrrrrfect. :rofl:

I think I'll call it....Two of None

:canada:

God bless old Chevys.

Looks like it'll be a fun project! What type of suspension are you thinking of? Standard or are you going to do an air ride as it will sometimes be hooked to a trailer?

Looks like it'll be a fun project! What type of suspension are you thinking of? Standard or are you going to do an air ride as it will sometimes be hooked to a trailer?

One thing you can be certain of, Riley, is it won't look like it came from East L.A. :rofl:

And, my pants will be hanging at the normal height.

the two door sedans are getting awfully hard to come by. i like the 65-67. a good choice for trailer pulling, less body flex. personally i love seeing them redone like back in the day super stock eliminator, bench seat, radio delete, etc. another of my favourites in that style are the 65/66 ford customs with the big F.E. engines and 4 spd. good luck on the hunt bob.

...a good choice for trailer pulling...

Doug,

I'm thinking that the 502 would work nicely in a tow vehicle. Now, if I can just convince the Mrs. to ride back in the trailer we could have a real interesting adventure.

And, if I put the L-71 back into the Corvette, I won't even have to change the numbers on my stinger hood. :D

That reminds me of my red 67 Super Sport . It was a beautiful car to look at, but oh my ...was it a lemon ! !
I think I may have told the story about that car here before so I won't get into it again but on a trip out west with a couple of buddies , we stopped at a road side rest , and the only other car there , was just the car you're looking for ...

It was a white 67 Biscayne 2 door with a big block engine ( I'm quite sure it was a 396 ) but the thing that really had us all excited was the fact that it had ..... "Air Conditioning ! ! ! " We were in the States somewhere at the time ... I think it was South Dakota, and it was blistering hot !

At that time around here anyway , AC was unheard of ! Nobody had it ! Not anyone we knew anyway .
The guy fired it up and let us take turns sitting in the passengers seat to feel the AC coming out of the vents ...:) That was the first time we'd ever experienced a car with AC.

The guy got quite the chuckle out of us dumb Canadian kids !

Oh and Bob ... I'm sure you're going to put some "real" brakes on the car .. I remember trying to stop that thing .... anything over 70 MPH , and forget it ! That thing just shook and shuttered , and the pedal went to the floor !
The Brakes were suicide !

Oh and Bob ... I'm sure you're going to put some "real" brakes on the car .. I remember trying to stop that thing .... anything over 70 MPH , and forget it ! That thing just shook and shuttered , and the pedal went to the floor !
The Brakes were suicide !

Count on it. This will be a body-off, down-to-the-bare-frame, multi-year project.

This is where the Belair was sold new.
1z5ruvl.jpg

ac9s0.jpg

Here

pretty decent looking - appears to be all there too, is it bob ?

It's all there. Even the spare. That 250 inch 6 fired right up and I drove it on the trailer.

I've gotta look more closely at it, because I think this is truly a zero-option car, bought by a navy guy in '67. He died a retired Chief Petty Officer in January, 2012. No radio, no clock, no power equipment. Three-speed standard. No tinted glass.

It spent its entire life between Tennessee and the hot sun of Florida. I've got the first title showing the car was purchased on May 30, 1967 from Hoehn Chevrolet and was titled on June 29, 1967.

This is gonna be fun. The old girl is finally gonna come out of all this feeling like a glamour girl. :D

Last edited:
Great find Bob! Are you going with something like Vintage Air seeing how it didn't have air from the factory? This will be a cool build knowing what you're capable of. :coolgleam:

Great find Bob! Are you going with something like Vintage Air seeing how it didn't have air from the factory? This will be a cool build knowing what you're capable of. :coolgleam:

Thanks. What I would like to do is purchase another '67 full-size (with A/C) as a parts car. I would repair any components requiring attention, but I'd prefer the look of the factory stuff over the Vintage Air product. As you can imagine, there are differences in the dashes as well, particularly the upper-centre portion where the dash pad sits.

There is no Vintage Air model for the '67 Chevy full-size and I'd prefer everything in the factory location rather than under the dash, and I'd prefer under-the-hood to look correct as well.

Still, who knows what will happen. This is a multi-year project that will evolve as time progresses.

Here's a bit more up-to-date information on the new project...

Two of None

Considering that this will be a body-off, complete tear-down and disassembly project, I don't expect to be finished for at least 3 to 4 years. Besides, it's often more fun to work on a project than to complete it. ;)

New parts photos - Parts

:canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.