How does GM view trading a 2021 or 2022 in to the dealer for a Z06 upgrade?

Assuming I get my 2022 in mid-2022, and prices stay high on the used car market, could I order a 2023/24 Z06 and then trade the 2022 in when it shows up? Or do I sell it privateIy even though will for sure I will not have the 12k kms (I think it's 12k?) on the clock, more like 6k. I am assuming here the dealer will pay me more than MSRP for the 2022.

Regards,

Livy M.

Don't know the answer to your question. I'd suggest running it by the dealer and ask it get confirmation direct from GM (preferably in writing, to be sure) that a trade-in for another GM product before 12,000 km on your Stingray (yes, it's 12,000 km) is acceptable. Better safe than sorry.

Having you heard a V8 FPC at 9000 rpm?
On a local street ! Or heard a V8 FPC idling in traffic.
Anyone who has bought a new C8 make sure you take advantage of the Driver Training Course offered for $1000
Two days at the Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Track outside of Las Vegas. It will take two weeks to wipe the smile off your face.
Yes I know Covid but we will be allowed to the US one day ! Then you will really know how to respect your vehicle and what it can do for you and to you :) GM supplies the vehicles and you get to abuse them Win / Win

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: turbozig
On a local street ! Or heard a V8 FPC idling in traffic.
Anyone who has bought a new C8 make sure you take advantage of the Driver Training Course offered for $1000
Two days at the Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Track outside of Las Vegas. It will take two weeks to wipe the smile off your face.
Yes I know Covid but we will be allowed to the US one day ! Then you will really know how to respect your vehicle and what it can do for you and to you :) GM supplies the vehicles and you get to abuse them Win / Win
All sort of opportunities to rev to 9000 rpm on the street, yes I'm booked for SM in December also I supply my own C8 and abuse it at will all the time why wait for LV

How does GM view trading a 2021 or 2022 in to the dealer for a Z06 upgrade?

Assuming I get my 2022 in mid-2022, and prices stay high on the used car market, could I order a 2023/24 Z06 and then trade the 2022 in when it shows up? Or do I sell it privateIy even though will for sure I will not have the 12k kms (I think it's 12k?) on the clock, more like 6k. I am assuming here the dealer will pay me more than MSRP for the 2022.

Regards,

Livy M.

Don't know the answer to your question. I'd suggest running it by the dealer and ask it get confirmation direct from GM (preferably in writing, to be sure) that a trade-in for another GM product before 12,000 km on your Stingray (yes, it's 12,000 km) is acceptable. Better safe than sorry.

I believe it is 6 months before you can sell, trade or export the vehicle. Not sure if there is a km’s requirement. If any gets anything in writing please share.

Can someone tell me if Z06 allocations are sperate from Stingray allocations?
Sounds like they are allotted separately. Is that true?
Does a dealer have a say in how many Z06's he gets or is it based on past Z06 sales?
Just how does it work.
Inquiring mind wants to know.
My understanding is the C8 allocations are provided by GM to the dealers. No differentiation between C8 or Z06 allocation. So I take this as one list.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Nope ! If anything Chrome. Let the debate begin !
IMO chrome or silver wheels make the Torch red pop, its got enough black accents.
Drive my AWD Golf R in the rain
Nope. Black trident wheels. LOL. That's what I am ordering on my RB C8. Chrome to me stands out to much,but, to each his own. I have SUV I drive in the winter.

Note to self " Avoid Gilles27 used vehicles "
It actually doesn't matter if you drive the crap out of them , resale the same as you can see from Speed Phenom YouTube channel car max gave him over msrp still for a 2020 that he tracked almost every weekend. With 25 000 miles

My understanding is the C8 allocations are provided by GM to the dealers. No differentiation between C8 or Z06 allocation. So I take this as one list.
If the Z06 will be limited then there must be 2 lists. So is the Z06 going to be a limited production vehicle? I've heard it will be, but who knows the truth.

It actually doesn't matter if you drive the crap out of them , resale the same as you can see from Speed Phenom YouTube channel car max gave him over msrp still for a 2020 that he tracked almost every weekend. With 25 000 miles
That's why you do your home work when you purchase used to avoid these cars and dealers! Unless you enjoy paying for someone else's repairs! Low K's and lots of documentation works for me.

The document my dealer made me sign when I picked up my car stated that if you sold or traded your car before 12 months the deal had to go though them . No mileage limitations. I’m on the list for a 22 and couldn’t get a price from them on my 21 . My sales guy said they won’t honour the price quoted for more than 30 days. So basically I would have to order the 22 and once it shows up see what they would give me for my 21

The document my dealer made me sign when I picked up my car stated that if you sold or traded your car before 12 months the deal had to go though them . No mileage limitations. I’m on the list for a 22 and couldn’t get a price from them on my 21 . My sales guy said they won’t honour the price quoted for more than 30 days. So basically I would have to order the 22 and once it shows up see what they would give me for my 21
Some dealers will give you a price now but in turn they want the car now. I did that with a Grand Sport in 2017 and had to wait for 6 months for the replacement. I am now doing it for my C8 HTC. It is a bit of a pain to be without my Vette for a few months but for 5 of those months it would have been in storage. Processing it as a trade in is saving me $10k in taxes so I can live with a bit of a wait.

Some dealers will give you a price now but in turn they want the car now. I did that with a Grand Sport in 2017 and had to wait for 6 months for the replacement. I am now doing it for my C8 HTC. It is a bit of a pain to be without my Vette for a few months but for 5 of those months it would have been in storage. Processing it as a trade in is saving me $10k in taxes so I can live with a bit of a wait.

They did end up giving me a price if I turned it in today. 67,000. Let me think about that for a minute, no

My dealer had no interest in my C8, saying it was the end of the "summer driving season" but as well, no gst credit could be given on a trade unless the sale closed at that same time. So in other words and according to "the government of Canada" (as per my salesman), they can't now credit my gst towards the sale of a C8 Z06, with that Z06 sale happening late next year at the earliest.

My dealer had no interest in my C8, saying it was the end of the "summer driving season" but as well, no gst credit could be given on a trade unless the sale closed at that same time. So in other words and according to "the government of Canada" (as per my salesman), they can't now credit my gst towards the sale of a C8 Z06, with that Z06 sale happening late next year at the earliest.

I think we have the same salesman

I think we have the same salesman

What number on the Z06 list there?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.