#5 so have a good shot getting one (I hope); Craig is my salesman. I got on the Z06 list in early December 2020.
How many people are in front of you? They will get the allocations before you so #5 means nothing. IMO. It's all about when and not what list

How many people are in front of you? They will get the allocations before you so #5 means nothing. IMO. It's all about when and not what list
The dealership had 40 2021 C8 Stingray allocations (an increase from their 2020 allocations of ~25) so if they're able to get (say) 15% of their 2022 allocations as Z06's, that should mean 6 Z06's which brings me in as the fifth person on their Z06 list (4 people in front of me on that list). That assumes the Z06 numbers will remain separate from the Stingray numbers and dealers will get a percentage of Z06's, based upon how many allocations they get for Stingrays.

I called my salesman today to sort out whether (for example) you're correct Murray and getting a Z06 is dependant upon WHEN a person gets on ANY list, rather than the percentages. In other words, if my dealership has 50 people on their Stingray list, all of whom got on that list before a Z06 list was even started, then ALL of their 40 C8 allocations will go towards Stingrays and the dealership won't order any Z06's, to maintain proper timing.

My salesman told me that's not the way it works historically with Corvettes:

-sometimes GM will produce Z06's based upon a percentage of the overall C8 production...so (as mentioned above) 15% of the numbers produced will be Z06's and the rest Stingrays
-or sometimes GM will target a set number of Stingrays and produce a smaller number of Z06's, w/o any percentage basis. So GM may decide to at least match the 2021 C8 Stingray production and produce Z06's "sparingly" or not at all until they know that 2022 Stingray target will be or has been met, then start producing Z06's at that point or more of them

Either way, GM will tell a dealership how many Z06's it's being allocated (just like the Stingrays). The dealership will then distribute the C8's according to their 2 lists: the first people on the Stingray list get theirs...and the first people on the Z06 list get theirs. So the 2 lists aren't "mingled" and reviewed together for who got on which list and when. And GM will not allow the dealership to order all Z06's; it comes down to the allocations and that's up to GM.

I also asked if it's the 2022 allocations...or the 2023 allocations that will apply to the Z06's. He wasn't sure and said it depends upon the given production year. For example, he's had Corvettes show up in July, for both that year and the next model year...or sometimes the next model year doesn't show up until the following January. It varies.

I know on the other Corvette Forums, other people speculate there could be as much as 25% of the overall C8 production, devoted to Z06's. If so, my 15% estimate in the example above, could be low.

Even if it's based upon percentages, I realize these comments depend on many other factors (ie. the new "Echo" COVID variant running rampant amongst the non-vaccinated, affecting future C8 production) but my hope is that I'm low enough on the list to get a Z06 allocation right out of the gate.

Finally and out of interest, I'll mention that this dealership has 41 people on its Z06 list, compared to only 20 on the Stingray list. My salesman said that's not unusual this time of year: people like me have been on the Z06 list for some time now, whereas most of the Stingray people are more recent...and as the Spring gets closer, more will jump on the Stingray list. I assume the Stingray list will also balloon out, after the October 26 Z06 reveal, when people get more interested in the Z06, only to find there's a longer wait list for it, so they'll then put their names on the Stingray list. That's my prediction and another reason for people not on any list, to get on both lists asap in order to have a better spot. I'll invite anyone interested to contact me (via PM) for info about the dealership I'm talking about. I suspect its list for 2022 Stingrays has far fewer names than some other dealers so people may have a better chance of getting a 2022 from them right now given their likely allocations and the current number on their list, compared to some other Canadian dealerships.

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded explanation Murray but that's what my dealer tells me and he's an experienced Corvette salesperson who's been "in the game" for many years now and so far, he's never "steered" me wrong (pardon the pun :) ).

The dealership had 40 2021 C8 Stingray allocations (an increase from their 2020 allocations of ~25) so if they're able to get (say) 15% of their 2022 allocations as Z06's, that should mean 6 Z06's which brings me in as the fifth person on their Z06 list (4 people in front of me on that list). That assumes the Z06 numbers will remain separate from the Stingray numbers and dealers will get a percentage of Z06's, based upon how many allocations they get for Stingrays.

I called my salesman today to sort out whether (for example) you're correct Murray and getting a Z06 is dependant upon WHEN a person gets on ANY list, rather than the percentages. In other words, if my dealership has 50 people on their Stingray list, all of whom got on that list before a Z06 list was even started, then ALL of their 40 C8 allocations will go towards Stingrays and the dealership won't order any Z06's, to maintain proper timing.

My salesman told me that's not the way it works historically with Corvettes:

-sometimes GM will produce Z06's based upon a percentage of the overall C8 production...so (as mentioned above) 15% of the numbers produced will be Z06's and the rest Stingrays
-or sometimes GM will target a set number of Stingrays and produce a smaller number of Z06's, w/o any percentage basis. So GM may decide to at least match the 2021 C8 Stingray production and produce Z06's "sparingly" or not at all until they know that 2022 Stingray target will be or has been met, then start producing Z06's at that point or more of them

Either way, GM will tell a dealership how many Z06's it's being allocated (just like the Stingrays). The dealership will then distribute the C8's according to their 2 lists: the first people on the Stingray list get theirs...and the first people on the Z06 list get theirs. So the 2 lists aren't "mingled" and reviewed together for who got on which list and when. And GM will not allow the dealership to order all Z06's; it comes down to the allocations and that's up to GM.

I also asked if it's the 2022 allocations...or the 2023 allocations that will apply to the Z06's. He wasn't sure and said it depends upon the given production year. For example, he's had Corvettes show up in July, for both that year and the next model year...or sometimes the next model year doesn't show up until the following January. It varies.

I know on the other Corvette Forums, other people speculate there could be as much as 25% of the overall C8 production, devoted to Z06's. If so, my 15% estimate in the example above, could be low.

Even if it's based upon percentages, I realize these comments depend on many other factors (ie. the new "Echo" COVID variant running rampant amongst the non-vaccinated, affecting future C8 production) but my hope is that I'm low enough on the list to get a Z06 allocation right out of the gate.

Finally and out of interest, I'll mention that this dealership has 41 people on its Z06 list, compared to only 20 on the Stingray list. My salesman said that's not unusual this time of year: people like me have been on the Z06 list for some time now, whereas most of the Stingray people are more recent...and as the Spring gets closer, more will jump on the Stingray list. I assume the Stingray list will also balloon out, after the October 26 Z06 reveal, when people get more interested in the Z06, only to find there's a longer wait list for it, so they'll then put their names on the Stingray list. That's my prediction and another reason for people not on any list, to get on both lists asap in order to have a better spot. I'll invite anyone interested to contact me (via PM) for info about the dealership I'm talking about. I suspect its list for 2022 Stingrays has far fewer names than some other dealers so people may have a better chance of getting a 2022 from them right now given their likely allocations and the current number on their list, compared to some other Canadian dealerships.

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded explanation Murray but that's what my dealer tells me and he's an experienced Corvette salesperson who's been "in the game" for many years now and so far, he's never "steered" me wrong (pardon the pun :) ).
You expect me to read all that? lol

• Haha
Reactions: TCinthe6
Picked up my new C8 HTC View attachment 86374from Dueck today. Unless you are going to the track a z06 is just going to be about bragging rights. Just happy to get a C8.
The other day I was comparing C7 Z06 race specs to the C8 race specs. They are sooooo close in times even with the Z06 having 155 HP more. Mid engine traction makes a huge difference. So I agree with your statement completely. Unless you have deep pockets and want to be the first kid on the block to have a Z06 just enjoy the C8 Stingray or the fun and the value of it.

#5 so have a good shot getting one (I hope); Craig is my salesman. I got on the Z06 list in early December 2020.
The tax savings on a trade at a dealer will expire after one year from the time you trade in. In Ontario that’s 13% savings.

Well if they get 6 allocations and 7 people drop out I’m in for a 2023 . Wish me luck

The tax savings on a trade at a dealer will expire after one year from the time you trade in. In Ontario that’s 13% savings.
Joey your correct. The salesman in Alberta unfortunately doesn't know the CRA rules with regards to the GST/HST credits. Some dealerships for a nominal fee (approx $200) can do a pass through deal. You sell your car to someone and run it through the dealership and that counts as a trade in. The tax credit calculated on the sales price of your used vehicle can then be held by the dealership for up to one calendar year by that dealership to be used on your next car according to CRA rules. Apparently it creates a bit of a bookkeeping problem for the dealerships carrying the sales tax credit over from one calendar year to the next (December 31st), but the CRA does allow it.
Guys, you need to be sure that you will get your next car in the next 1 year or you can lose the tax, however, it can be used on any other vehicle if you want to apply the tax credit to an Escalade or Tahoe rather than lose the credit.
I had my dealer call CRA directly for a ruling and it took then quite a while to get back to the dealer but that is the official position of the CRA. Have your dealer call them if they doubt what your saying!

• Informative
Reactions: 12cents
I have a text message from Andrew Spencer from the end of Nov 2020 stating 36 delivered...even if a dealer actually delivered 80 they would only get maybe 20ish Z06s per year, at #57 he would be very lucky to get the end of a third model year car.
Don't know what to tell you, but I was 53 at Cullen when I received mine and there were still many more to deliver. Spencer's told me they were number 1 in Canada for 2020's so by my math that's more than 36.

Don't know what to tell you, but I was 53 at Cullen when I received mine and there were still many more to deliver. Spencer's told me they were number 1 in Canada for 2020's so by my math that's more than 36.
They all claim to be number 1, means nothing. WN and BC both sold around 65-75 for 2020, Spencer might have have hit 40 given Dec sales but that's it.

• Haha
Reactions: AndrewJ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.