I have a mechanic with a hoist that I borrow from time to time when I need to get under the car. Do you have that in Sarnia?
I might. There's a guy around the corner that has a 1960s era Vette, and a 1960s Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet (it's almost the same colour as your new ride). He just happens to have a hoist in his garage out back, and I may approach him about it. It's a 2 post lift.
I could try parking it on my front lawn, back it to the highest spot adjacent to the driveway, and possibly get at the lower control arms from the driveway, using a "curb lift" option.
Like I said, I'll see if I can get it done by myself.

I might. There's a guy around the corner that has a 1960s era Vette, and a 1960s Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet (it's almost the same colour as your new ride). He just happens to have a hoist in his garage out back, and I may approach him about it. It's a 2 post lift.
I could try parking it on my front lawn, back it to the highest spot adjacent to the driveway, and possibly get at the lower control arms from the driveway, using a "curb lift" option.
Ok, let me know. I didn't want to make you drive here for a simple job. I could give my mechanic a couple of buck to use his lift for a few minutes if it doesn't work out for you now. We could even just leave it until you get the car out of winter storage and do it next spring.

I'm only 3 hours and 20 minutes from you! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MKC8
Excellent, that's exactly what I wanted. I will check with my insurance company tomorrow.
In Ottawa a Z06 is $200/month with $1000 deductible and 2 Million Liability. How did you make out with your quote?

My 2023 Z06 costs $1240 a year in Alberta. I deal with Wawanesa. $5K deductible.
Thanks, good to know. I checked with my current insurance broker today and they won't insure the Z06. They will check various other companies and come up with a variety of combined policy quotes shortly.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Thanks, good to know. I checked with my current insurance broker today and they won't insure the Z06. They will check various other companies and come up with a variety of combined policy quotes shortly.
That's due to the HP rating of the car. Some companies will not insure anything above 500 HP!

Reactions: Red Devil
That's due to the HP rating of the car. Some companies will not insure anything above 500 HP!
My broker asked for value when I insured the Stingray. She told me that they didn’t carry companies that insured values over 125k. Z06 value ( and replacement value) would probably be out of range of a lot of mainstream insurers. Nowadays it’s not uncommon values so likely quite a few companies that deal in high value products.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
My broker asked for value when I insured the Stingray. She told me that they didn’t carry companies that insured values over 125k. Z06 value ( and replacement value) would probably be out of range of a lot of mainstream insurers. Nowadays it’s not uncommon values so likely quite a few companies that deal in high value products.
My current insurer on my other vehicles flinched when they heard the Stingray was going to be over $130K.
They said if it goes over $150K, they couldn't insure it.
It didn't, but the "other/new" standalone broker, underwritten by CAA Insurance, was cheaper by $600/year.
I was going to go directly to CAA, even booked an appointment with them, but the on site agent couldn't be bothered to answer a few simple questions via email, so I cancelled, and used the broker instead. Probably a few bucks more, but better customer service.

My insurer TD has a max value of $200k for a vehicle, so won’t insure a Z06. HP wasn’t an issue. Good to know ahead of delivery date, your regular insurer’s policy on higher value vehicles such as the newer C8’s.
I know of a Cadillac Escalade V that got delivered today in Ontario that including the taxes was over $250K. Window sticker was $206K. The insurance companies are gong to need to re-evaluate there limits soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Those rear brake cooling ducts they installed during PDI, when they weren't supposed to. I think the PDI even says leave them in the trunk, for Z51, Z06, and E-Ray. Do not install during PDI.
Need them off, in case I ever have to drive it in less than ideal conditions. I don't want to scoop up leaves, road debris, road kill, whatever into the brake rotors and calipers. I can remove the upper and lower pieces that attach to the lower control arm, the "scoops" if you will, with a 7mm and 8mm socket drives and a battery powered drill. I need about 6 more inches of clearance under the rear end.
Low profile ramps will do it.
Crappy Tire have a pair of those composite ramps on sale right now for, drum roll ……. $69.99. I’m sure they are good for at least 6 if not 8 inches. I know, everyone claims the latter, lol .

Crappy Tire have a pair of those composite ramps on sale right now for, drum roll ……. $69.99. I’m sure they are good for at least 6 if not 8 inches. I know, everyone claims the latter, lol .
I'm not sure they're wide enough. The CTC Rhino ones rated at 16000lbs that were 12" wide were "on sale" for $119 plus tax. I can get a set of Pittsburgh ramps at Harbor Freight across the river for US$60 + 6% state tax = ~ C$80. Going over this weekend for "supplies".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread