I know, I was being semi-facetious. After the OP "dissed" me. :cool:
I guess I missed the "edmonton" location part, and simply shouldn't have bothered.
Ah, don't worry about it. You just misread what he was looking for. Having worked in the car insurance industry for many years, it's almost impossible to answer that question especially for another province and that was the first thing I checked before I responded. Toronto is the most expensive market in Canada for insurance and the rates vary for every other city making it hard to answer. He's got the information he need now to get an accurate quote.

About $120 a month for the Z06. Giving you a price for Ontario, like Murray said is irrelevant. You are in one of the three provinces that are non government insurance, so your rate first and foremost is based on your age and driving record. Then your postal code of where you live. Then comes the individual vehicle rating groups of your car, then comes your coverages and deductibles you have selected. Then comes the discounts you qualify for like multi car, multi line, accident free etc. I haven't mentioned who's licensed to drive in your household? How many vehicles and how many drivers? Who's the principle driver of the vehicle and are there any secondary drivers? All of this is assuming that you have current evidence of insurance on other vehicles so you don't get penalized for being a new insured.
Simple really, lol .

• Haha
Reactions: MKC8
Ah, don't worry about it.
I can guarantee you, I won't.:cool:

Hit 500 miles on the odo late this afternoon, and the tach's 3500/4000 RPM temporary break-in warning delimiters vanished.
I assume I now have a normal C8 Stingray dash and tachometer display, with full HP and torque available.
Still another 1000 miles to go to before the real fun begins, but for now, I'm happily progressing to the next performance level.
Yipeekya......

Reactions: KTJF
Yes, now the fun begins, sort of...damn winter. Supposed to be 7C and sun on Thursday which might be another chance for you to add some more break in miles.
Have you been following my Ron Fellows thread?
Yes, on the weather. Not convenient at all.
Took it from home to Kerwood and back. A few flurries, but the road stayed dry and clear.
Best I can hope for now.
I'll be plugging it in, and tucking it in soon.
Need a set of low profile ramps to get the ass end up 6 inches or so.
I had a set years ago, but didn't use them much after the initial project, and sold them at a yard sale.
Racing jack, too. Damn.

Yes, on the weather. Not convenient at all.
Took it from home to Kerwood and back. A few flurries, but the road stayed dry and clear.
Best I can hope for now.
I'll be plugging it in, and tucking it in soon.
Need a set of low profile ramps to get the ass end up 6 inches or so.
I had a set years ago, but didn't use them much after the initial project, and sold them at a yard sale.
Racing jack, too. Damn.
Why do you want to get the rear end up six inches?

Why do you want to get the rear end up six inches?
Those rear brake cooling ducts they installed during PDI, when they weren't supposed to. I think the PDI even says leave them in the trunk, for Z51, Z06, and E-Ray. Do not install during PDI.
Need them off, in case I ever have to drive it in less than ideal conditions. I don't want to scoop up leaves, road debris, road kill, whatever into the brake rotors and calipers. I can remove the upper and lower pieces that attach to the lower control arm, the "scoops" if you will, with a 7mm and 8mm socket drives and a battery powered drill. I need about 6 more inches of clearance under the rear end.
Low profile ramps will do it.

So no chance you will be going on a track? If you’re careful about what you drive over you could leave them on.
I'm not sure about the track part. I don't have any long range plans at this time.
After seeing the video results of some "tracking" adventures, I'm thinking probably not for a while.
I'll need more time to acclimatize to it, and the season is all but over. It does stick to the road on on/off ramps.
So, there may be situations where I may have to drive it in less than ideal conditions, so I'd like to get the 2 halves of the control arm "scoop" off for now. 6 7mm screws and 3 8mm bolts.
Out here sometimes you can't avoid the locals leave on the road. I had a hell of a time last week dodgong manure spreader droppings on a back road out here, so that's another reason for taking them off. They're for track, and I'm not for track right now.

No, I don't.
I'd prefer not to deal with them.
I've given them 4 business days to make it right, and they've not bothered to contact me, except to repeatedly request I fill out their "customer satisfaction" surveys. I've chosen to ignore them, as they've done to me. It's also probably not a good idea to ask someone to rate your performance, that has declined further communication wiith their automated systems. Automated email and SMS systems don't report when a customer fails to respond, it appears, so they may not even realize how dire their situation. If they're smart enough to figure that out, which is debatable.
Car dealerships are becoming more like financial planners, in that, as automation increases, real world customer contact and service begins to decline, and they aren't even aware of it. Pull up a Q&A page on the computer, ask all the questions, check the answer boxes, hit "calculate", and then read "my personal recommendation to you" from the resultant summary screen. After sales support is also computer based. Shop manuals determine labour time/costs, and OBDII interfaces/laptops do the diagnostics and suggest the repair options. Service Techs just read what they're supposed to do from a computer printout, assuming they can read. Seems some can't, and that's why I am where I am today with them.
I also have real concerns about sabotage or retribution by reprimanded service techs, too.
If they can erase Denis' PDR card without explanation, they can surely erase anyone's.
I'll deal with it.
Thanks for your input, as always.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread