Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
I am curious to what everyone is paying for insurance on their newly acquired C8 Z06's. The horsepower rating of the car has me wondering how much extra car insurance will be over a C8 Stingray. Thanks everyone.

The lack of repair experience MAY drive the insurance quote. That together with your driving record
and location.
The quote for my 2019 ZO6 is lower than the quote for the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport !
[ comparing apples to apples ]. Which does not make sense.
So, you maybe pleasantly surprized !

Tony

Insurance costs more for my 2016 Mercedes E550 405HP 4-door sedan, than my 2023 495HP C8 Stingray. When I asked why, my agent explained it's due to the stats they have on each vehicle, for the frequency it's involved in accidents and traffic tickets, how popular it is amongst thieves, and the cost/availability of parts when collision coverage is included. Most Corvette owners don't daily drive their vehicle, we have our share of spectacularly BAD accidents due to +++ speed and recklessness (however I assume it's a well-publicized but uncommon event), it's not commonly targeted by thieves (see below) and it's a Chev with (normally) readily available and reasonably priced parts. There are other factors that affect your insurance rates, including the postal code where you live which brings in a host of other stats...

Here's a recent RATESDOTCA article which describes the most and least popular stolen vehicles in Canada. You'll note the Corvette ranks #8 amongst the 10 least stolen vehicles in Canada:

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
Insurance costs more for my 2016 Mercedes E550 405HP 4-door sedan, than my 2023 495HP C8 Stingray. When I asked why, my agent explained it's due to the stats they have on each vehicle, for the frequency it's involved in accidents and traffic tickets, how popular it is amongst thieves, and the cost/availability of parts when collision coverage is included. Most Corvette owners don't daily drive their vehicle, we have our share of spectacularly BAD accidents due to +++ speed and recklessness (however I assume it's a well-publicized but uncommon event), it's not commonly targeted by thieves (see below) and it's a Chev with (normally) readily available and reasonably priced parts. There are other factors that affect your insurance rates, including the postal code where you live which brings in a host of other stats...

Here's a recent RATESDOTCA article which describes the most and least popular stolen vehicles in Canada. You'll note the Corvette ranks #8 amongst the 10 least stolen vehicles in Canada:

That's because it's harder to steal a fast moving object. ;)
I'm paying around $850/year w/$1M liability and collision/comprehensive, and $2500 deductibles + some add ons for future premium reduction and OPCF43 for 5 years. Good credit/driving record plus it helps to be an old fart. It's a standalone policy, no bundling. If I moved my Wrangler over, it would take them both down to around $650/each, but the Wrangler is currently bundled with the motorhome/homeowners, and that's keeping them all lower.
Using a Welland, ON based broker and underwritten by CAA Insurance, for the 2024 C8, fwiw.

Last edited:
That's because it's harder to steal a fast moving object. ;)
I'm paying around $850/year w/$1M liability and collision/comprehensive, and $2500 deductibles + some add ons for future premium reduction and OPCF43 for 5 years. Good credit/driving record plus it helps to be an old fart. It's a standalone policy, no bundling. If I moved my Wrangler over, it would take them both down to around $650/each, but the Wrangler is currently bundled with the motorhome/homeowners, and that's keeping them all lower.
Using a Welland, ON based broker and underwritten by CAA Insurance, for the 2024 C8, fwiw.
Is that a 2024 Z06 or Stingray?

Can anyone chime in what they are paying for the C8 Z06 only please.
It won't matter anyway. All locations are different. The difference in amounts can vary greatly in only a few KM's or regions. You're better off shopping around with various agents and companies.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
About $120 a month for the Z06. Giving you a price for Ontario, like Murray said is irrelevant. You are in one of the three provinces that are non government insurance, so your rate first and foremost is based on your age and driving record. Then your postal code of where you live. Then comes the individual vehicle rating groups of your car, then comes your coverages and deductibles you have selected. Then comes the discounts you qualify for like multi car, multi line, accident free etc. I haven't mentioned who's licensed to drive in your household? How many vehicles and how many drivers? Who's the principle driver of the vehicle and are there any secondary drivers? All of this is assuming that you have current evidence of insurance on other vehicles so you don't get penalized for being a new insured.

Reactions: turbozig
About $120 a month for the Z06. Giving you a price for Ontario, like Murray said is irrelevant. You are in one of the three provinces that are non government insurance, so your rate first and foremost is based on your age and driving record. Then your postal code of where you live. Then comes the individual vehicle rating groups of your car, then comes your coverages and deductibles you have selected. Then comes the discounts you qualify for like multi car, multi line, accident free etc. I haven't mentioned who's licensed to drive in your household? How many vehicles and how many drivers? Who's the principle driver of the vehicle and are there any secondary drivers? All of this is assuming that you have current evidence of insurance on other vehicles so you don't get penalized for being a new insured.
Thanks for the reply Mr.Corvette, appreciated.

So, I answered a hypothetical? Uh, huh.
Will it be for "daily drive to school or work", approximate annual mileage, or is it a "pleasure" vehicle.
Only the insured can answer those questions. Cost price new does factor in along with the other items you mentioned, but most insurance companies rate these cars at 5-10,000 km per year and pleasure use.

Only the insured can answer those questions. Cost price new does factor in along with the other items you mentioned, but most insurance companies rate these cars at 5-10,000 km per year and pleasure use.
I know, I was being semi-facetious. After the OP "dissed" me. :cool:
I guess I missed the "edmonton" location part, and simply shouldn't have bothered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread