I can see it now:
"Ma'am, Your Husband's Corvette has arrived at the Dealership."
"Nice - He's only been dead for 5 years now."

Or how about this;
Just as the Corvette's start topping out at around 1,000 hp, I'll be in my early 70's.
Perfect test of the longevity of one's reflexes .
The former is a real possibility for me. (not a joke)
I have cat-like reflexes, and I hope, as many lives, while driving my new C8, IF IT EVER GETS HERE!!!!! (a joke)

Well, I have officially joined the ranks of 'Owners' through the purchase of a shinny white 2023 C8 convertible (slightly used).
As beautiful as this one is (aren't they all?), this is but the first step in what promises to be a very lengthy process in obtaining my ultimate build.
Oddly, this car is strikingly different than my 'end game' will be, but when my Wife saw it (and loved it) she asked me, "Why exactly are you waiting?", and that was it.
Oh, I will be ready for when one of my numerous lists tightens up and 'allocation day' arrives, but until then, no more sidelines for me, thank you.

Attachments

• White Corvette 2.jpg
    White Corvette 2.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 16
  • White Corvette.jpg
    White Corvette.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 16
If they were all priced in excess of $300,000.00 the lists might be a bit shorter.
Just saying.
If they were priced like that, you'd be right, and the lines would be longer at Porsche, Ferrari, Lamboghini, et al.
The reason the lines are long now at current pricing is buyers are getting more bang for the buck.
Change that, and potentially lose market share by climbing into the ring with higher priced "exotic" options.

Reactions: Bunny hop
For those prices I'd rather just buy a Lamborghini... or like someone said, a GT4 and save the money. For that price you have a lot more fancier options to buy.
And you would be driving a 10-15 year old Lambo. No Lambo will be new at around $300k. Just sayin'.

And make sure you can support the upkeep of the car like maintenance, parts purchases or insurance. So many people say that just looking at the purchase price and if they bought reality sets in when the first service comes, or you need to buy parts that cost a ton over the same part for a more normal car or the insurance renewal comes in.

Look at the big picture people.

Reactions: Red Devil
And you would be driving a 10-15 year old Lambo. No Lambo will be new at around $300k. Just sayin'.

And make sure you can support the upkeep of the car like maintenance, parts purchases or insurance. So many people say that just looking at the purchase price and if they bought reality sets in when the first service comes, or you need to buy parts that cost a ton over the same part for a more normal car or the insurance renewal comes in.

I guess older exotics hold their value better? Interesting perspective. Thanks.
You always have to do your homework, on any big purchase, if you want an all around pleasant experience.
Some might say if you have to ask "how much?" you can't afford it, but that doesn't always have to apply.
Unless you're a philanthropic myopic, with a Rothschild Getty Rockefeller sized bank account, frugal is what got some of us here.
Don't need a picture to figure that out.

A brand new Huracan starts at 250k lol so your point is moot... all the trims save for STO coupe start under 300k. And the Urus (not a car, an SUV) is also under 300 starting. There's quite a few 4-5 years old Huracans for under 300k, or a Urus if you're into that.

And as for the bigger picture, you kind of missed the point I was making, at those prices, buying a Z06 at above 300k changes the value proposition drastically because there's a lot more options in that price bracket. Again, I doubt anyone here on this board is going to be dropping over 300k on a Z06... but yeah. I don't imagine anyone who spends that much on a car to give a crap about insurance or maintenance lol.

A brand new Huracan starts at 250k lol so your point is moot... all the trims save for STO coupe start under 300k. And the Urus (not a car, an SUV) is also under 300 starting. There's quite a few 4-5 years old Huracans for under 300k, or a Urus if you're into that.

And as for the bigger picture, you kind of missed the point I was making, at those prices, buying a Z06 at above 300k changes the value proposition drastically because there's a lot more options in that price bracket. Again, I doubt anyone here on this board is going to be dropping over 300k on a Z06... but yeah. I don't imagine anyone who spends that much on a car to give a crap about insurance or maintenance lol.
Pretty sure lambo has pricier options than Porsche and no way you could get a brand new lambo with bare options out the door. Plus not sure if huracan’s waitlist is shorter than Z06’s.
Sure there are used huracan’s below 300k, all I’m seeing are 2015-2017 models with 20k+ Kms, low200s with 50k+ Kms, hopefully they are accident free. Don’t think these are substitutes for someone interested in a brand new Z06.

Reactions: Afterimage
Pretty sure lambo has pricier options than Porsche and no way you could get a brand new lambo with bare options out the door. Plus not sure if huracan’s waitlist is shorter than Z06’s.
Sure there are used huracan’s below 300k, all I’m seeing are 2015-2017 models with 20k+ Kms, low200s with 50k+ Kms, hopefully they are accident free. Don’t think these are substitutes for someone interested in a brand new Z06.

Isn't the point of a waitlist kind of moot in this situation? You're not paying 300 plus AND being on a waitlist.

It's one or the other. These prices are for people who want to skip the list. If you're buying one from the dealership, you're not paying 300+ for it... I hope.

The waitlist for Huracan should be a lot shorter than the Z06 I would imagine, aren't some Z06 wait lists in the 4 year window? A quick google check shows Huracans are 12-18 months out (that's from approx 12 months ago)

Reactions: MKinOntario
I guess older exotics hold their value better? Interesting perspective. Thanks.
You always have to do your homework, on any big purchase, if you want an all around pleasant experience.
Some might say if you have to ask "how much?" you can't afford it, but that doesn't always have to apply.
Unless you're a philanthropic myopic, with a Rothschild Getty Rockefeller sized bank account, frugal is what got some of us
Don't need a picture to
Isn't the point of a waitlist kind of moot in this situation? You're not paying 300 plus AND being on a waitlist.

It's one or the other. These prices are for people who want to skip the list. If you're buying one from the dealership, you're not paying 300+ for it... I hope.

The waitlist for Huracan should be a lot shorter than the Z06 I would imagine, aren't some Z06 wait lists in the 4 year window? A quick google check shows Huracans are 12-18 months out (that's from approx 12 months ago)
The wait lists for Huracan are much longer, also they are all sold out for the remainder of the production until it’s discontinued. If Porsche wants minimum $50,000 in options for a base 911, Lamborghini wants $75K-$100K in options or else they will not waste a limited allocation on you. Also Lamborghini gives priority to orders with higher price so the lower your price the longer you wait.

Reactions: Bunny hop

Why is the Urus in this conversation??? You want to buy a Sports car or a Family hauler?? An Urus could be $100k and it doesn't matter to what a C8 Z06 would cost. You load up a new Lambo (we are talking sport car here similar to a Z06 no matter the model) and it's going to be much more than $300k + all your other wonderful dealer and government add-ons.

I get it, $300k is nuts for a Z06 or any Corvette but currently that is the situation of the market. As an owner of a C7 ZR1 I don't mind 1 bit and I'm not interested in getting any C8 model at any price and I sure as hell ain't waiting years for one. There will be people that will pay that to get it now, maybe they don't want it out there that's what they are doing to get one and if they have the cash to burn all the more to them.

AFA the maintenance or insurance, if you have the money then it's not an issue for you. I'm a do it yourselfer, I work on my own cars and they rarely if ever go to the dealer for service. Even if I own an exotic I would work on it myself since I would get killed with the costs a dealership would charge. Easy to say for $XXXk amount I would rather buy this instead of that, when the real cash does come out then it's a different story for most people.

Reactions: TreVette
Why is the Urus in this conversation??? You want to buy a Sports car or a Family hauler?? An Urus could be $100k and it doesn't matter to what a C8 Z06 would cost. You load up a new Lambo (we are talking sport car here similar to a Z06 no matter the model) and it's going to be much more than $300k + all your other wonderful dealer and government add-ons.

I get it, $300k is nuts for a Z06 or any Corvette but currently that is the situation of the market. As an owner of a C7 ZR1 I don't mind 1 bit and I'm not interested in getting any C8 model at any price and I sure as hell ain't waiting years for one. There will be people that will pay that to get it now, maybe they don't want it out there that's what they are doing to get one and if they have the cash to burn all the more to them.

AFA the maintenance or insurance, if you have the money then it's not an issue for you. I'm a do it yourselfer, I work on my own cars and they rarely if ever go to the dealer for service. Even if I own an exotic I would work on it myself since I would get killed with the costs a dealership would charge. Easy to say for $XXXk amount I would rather buy this instead of that, when the real cash does come out then it's a different story for most people.
you can't work on most modern exotics without computers and factory software, and I don't want to get my hands dirty when I can pay a professional to do it.

• Clever
Reactions: MKinOntario
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.