BAT Z06 had no reserve sold for US$235k (just over $316k CAD). Remember buyer also pays $5k fee to BAT on top of the winning bid price.

As for US prices not having a bearing on Canadian prices.....................don't think so. Looks like those 2 Z06's here are not priced out of whack.

Crazy yes, the market is the market.

Reactions: black2010gs
How far are you on your list? Do no give up , I waited 35 months , to get it in my garage and 3 months more to drive it , finally.
My last communique from my sales dude as of last week was,
"A preliminary order has been submitted which is Order ABCDEF (not the actual order#)
GM has not accepted it yet which is because it’s next in line to be picked up.",
after I asked whether we had an order number and whether my order had been submitted to WorkBench.
So, having never done this before, I have no idea where I stand, and am clearly at the mercy of the GM order submission and acceptance process.
(the "pray for me" part was dramatic embellishment, for effect, and to garner sympathy. sorry, if it was a bit over the top ;) )

Reactions: wlgj
My last communique from my sales dude as of last week was,
"A preliminary order has been submitted which is Order ABCDEF (not the actual order#)
GM has not accepted it yet which is because it’s next in line to be picked up.",
after I asked whether we had an order number and whether my order had been submitted to WorkBench.
So, having never done this before, I have no idea where I stand, and am clearly at the mercy of the GM order submission and acceptance process.
(the "pray for me" part was dramatic embellishment, for effect, and to garner sympathy. sorry, if it was a bit over the top ;) )
I know you read buying a Corvette 101 so you can refer to it for these questions as I think we answered them, but if not let me know what is not clear.

I know you read buying a Corvette 101 so you can refer to it for these questions as I think we answered them, but if not let me know what is not clear.
I think some of the confusion is semantics, or phraseology. What my dealer calls one thing, you may know as something else.
That, and I'm just frustrated with the wait.
FWIW, my last status update from my dealer/saleman was (verbatim)
"A preliminary order has been submitted which is Order ABCDEF
GM has not accepted it yet which is because it’s next in line to be picked up.
Once that stage occurs I will contact you to ensure no changes."

I have read Ordering a Corvette 101, and am unable to translate "dealer speak", to CCF speak.
Perhaps I'm just tired and densing out, and/or have too much on my plate.
I was living at Multi-Tasking-R-US since well before this project began.
Don't worry about it Murray, and thanks for the help and encouragement from all.
It's not a sprint, it's a marathon, apparently.

I think some of the confusion is semantics, or phraseology. What my dealer calls one thing, you may know as something else.
That, and I'm just frustrated with the wait.
FWIW, my last status update from my dealer/saleman was (verbatim)
"A preliminary order has been submitted which is Order ABCDEF
GM has not accepted it yet which is because it’s next in line to be picked up.
Once that stage occurs I will contact you to ensure no changes."

I have read Ordering a Corvette 101, and am unable to translate "dealer speak", to CCF speak.
Perhaps I'm just tired and densing out, and/or have too much on my plate.
I was living at Multi-Tasking-R-US since well before this project began.
Don't worry about it Murray, and thanks for the help and encouragement from all.
It's not a sprint, it's a marathon, apparently.
Hey, I want all to be clear. No worries. Entering your order in Workbench is the same as "A preliminary order has been submitted". It really means nothing to GM until they assign an allocation to your dealer and he in turn assigns your order to that allocation. The dealer is acting as your agent with GM. Remember that GM sells the car to your dealer and your dealer has promised that car to you. GM likely knows you have an order, but no one knows whether they care or look to see it. They only care about past sales, which is how they assign allocations. On past sales.
So, you really are relying on the honesty of your dealer. So with all that IF you are number one on their list and they DO get rewarded with an allocation, your order WILL progress to 2000 status (accepted by Chevrolet) and they promise to build you (the dealer) a C8. ONLY then will you really know you will get a Corvette.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKinOntario
Hey, I want all to be clear. No worries. Entering your order in Workbench is the same as "A preliminary order has been submitted". It really means nothing to GM until they assign an allocation to your dealer and he in turn assigns your order to that allocation. The dealer is acting as your agent with GM. Remember that GM sells the car to your dealer and your dealer has promised that car to you. GM likely knows you have an order, but no one knows whether they care or look to see it. They only care about past sales, which is how they assign allocations. On past sales.
So, you really are relying on the honesty of your dealer. So with all that IF you are number one on their list and they DO get rewarded with an allocation, your order WILL progress to 2000 status (accepted by Chevrolet) and they promise top build you (the dealer) a C8. ONLY then will you really know you will get a Corvette.
He's got a good rep. So far.....I have no reason to doubt his veracity.
It's a small dealership, and according to that list of North American delaers, and their allocation history (which I can't find), they only had 4 last year, so I'm probably next in line for a 2024. I hope GM gives them a Torch Red w/Adrenaline Red interior 2LT Stingray HTC Z51 with lift, mag ride, battery protect, and black muguards.
Thanks for the translation.
I'm soothed. ;)

Reactions: Murray20c8 and wlgj
C8 Z06 1LZ Coupe for sale $295,000 that was sold for $154,753.95 out the door with luxury tax and sales tax

View attachment 109687

and

$329,800 for a Coupe 2LZ Z06

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/chevrolet/corvette/north york/ontario/5_58604098_20111115101047209/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=xpl&pc=L2P 0E5&sprx=-2&nobar=1
For that kind of money I'd go for a Porsche 911 Turbo. I just couldn't justify over-spending for a car that I could buy for $175,000 ... no matter how much I liked it.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
For that kind of money I'd go for a Porsche 911 Turbo. I just couldn't justify over-spending for a car that I could buy for $175,000 ... no matter how much I liked it.
You know you can’t just “go for a 911 turbo” like it’s ice cream. Those are even more limited, with MSRP in the 300s and used market prices in the $400s

Most people miss the point that nothing in this realm is siting on dealer lots at MSRP, and is far more rare than any C8

One thing for sure, this new "normal" is taking ALL of the fun out of owning these types of cars. I doubt we ever return back to the days where you could just walk into a dealer and drive one home or order something specific and take delivery in a reasonable amount of time. 🫤

One thing for sure, this new "normal" is taking ALL of the fun out of owning these types of cars. I doubt we ever return back to the days where you could just walk into a dealer and drive one home or order something specific and take delivery in a reasonable amount of time. 🫤
Definitely changes the experience but on a positive note; it makes getting one custom brand new much more unique versus getting a prime used one.

It’s a sunny Friday, gotta see the sunny side 😎

Maybe, maybe not. Lots of complaining and woe is me that it took me like 19 years to finally get an allocation and now I am 3000, or 3300 or some other stupid milestone. There are C8’s out there both new and used waiting for their next 24 to 36 month home. Just got to have the perfect one though, so the rest of us sit here and put up with the whining for months and months about what apparently is the next record breaking extended length of time it took to get a C8. It’s like a badge of honour how long it took. They should get off their collective behinds and find themselves a car. Maybe it isn’t the perfect red mist, or, and God forbid it’s not a Z51, and maybe it’s a lowly coupe, and maybe even used, but I’m driving and they are sitting at home watching Cars with Conti.

Three weeks ago there were two new C8’s unspoken for at Wolfe Chevy in Edmonton. I made one phone call (no I am not looking) and found them. $5k over msrp nicely equipped cars, one 1LT and one 3LT.

We have made this a thing, not GM.

Thread hijacking complete.

Maybe, maybe not. Lots of complaining and woe is me that it took me like 19 years to finally get an allocation and now I am 3000, or 3300 or some other stupid milestone. There are C8’s out there both new and used waiting for their next 24 to 36 month home. Just got to have the perfect one though, so the rest of us sit here and put up with the whining for months and months about what apparently is the next record breaking extended length of time it took to get a C8. It’s like a badge of honour how long it took. They should get off their collective behinds and find themselves a car. Maybe it isn’t the perfect red mist, or, and God forbid it’s not a Z51, and maybe it’s a lowly coupe, and maybe even used, but I’m driving and they are sitting at home watching Cars with Conti.

Three weeks ago there were two new C8’s unspoken for at Wolfe Chevy in Edmonton. I made one phone call (no I am not looking) and found them. $5k over msrp nicely equipped cars, one 1LT and one 3LT.

Compromising on the spec of your dream car is like marrying the 1st girl that lets you hit it. Good enough is not good enough.

Probably for Notley and her husband/wife as a victory treat.

You know you can’t just “go for a 911 turbo” like it’s ice cream. Those are even more limited, with MSRP in the 300s and used market prices in the $400s

Most people miss the point that nothing in this realm is siting on dealer lots at MSRP, and is far more rare than any C8
I've been looking at new and used. The turbo (not the S) new with what I want will cost me about $385,000. A used turbo S 2021 goes around $295-$325 plus tax. The GT3 RS will be over $400,000 and is very limited, 2 years plus waiting, if I can find one. A friend of mine just got delivery of a 2022 turbo S, cost him $375,000. He ordered the GT3 RS , his cost $430,000 ordered almost 2 years ago and still waiting.

why’s everyone saying they’d buy a 911 instead of a Z06 for the same price? I traded in my C8 for a 992 C4S (double the price) and I regret my decision every day when driving the Porsche. Can’t wait for my Z06/E-ray to arrive. if we talking brand new, with the lux tax and 5% yearly msrp increase on 911, a lightly optioned Carrera 4s would be 200k+ out the door which is equivalent to a 3LZ Z07. Turbos or GT3s should be compared with C8 ZR1 not Z06 price wise.

Reactions: Murray20c8
why’s everyone saying they’d buy a 911 instead of a Z06 for the same price? I traded in my C8 for a 992 C4S (double the price) and I regret my decision every day when driving the Porsche. Can’t wait for my Z06/E-ray to arrive. if we talking brand new, with the lux tax and 5% yearly msrp increase on 911, a lightly optioned Carrera 4s would be 200k+ out the door which is equivalent to a 3LZ Z07. Turbos or GT3s should be compared with C8 ZR1 not Z06 price wise.
also most Porsche dealers will not let you order a barebones spec and expect you to have $50,000+ in factory options

Compromising on the spec of your dream car is like marrying the 1st girl that lets you hit it. Good enough is not good enough.

Until only a few months ago I would have guessed the wait time on the car of your dreams was measured in months, not years.
Unfortunately, reality stepped into the equation, resulting in some significant adjustments in my game plan.
Does this mean I have given up on my 'dream car'?
Hell, no - It's on order, exactly as I want it (a list at least).
Does the wait time present a major crisis in my life?
Only if I were to allow it to.
I learned a very long time ago that finding solutions is a lot more productive than whining about the problem.
Ultimately, my goal is a fully loaded Z06 or E-Ray, at a price I can live with.
To get around the timing issue, I have just purchased a slightly used C8 LT1 Stingray convertible - that's for now.
When one of my lists (2) comes through for a C8 LT3 Stingray convertible (optioned as I want), I will take it - that's for 2 years from now.
When one of my lists (3 x 2) comes through for a Z06 or E-Ray convertible, (optioned as I want), I will take it - that's for 4 (or 5) years from now.
Am I getting what I want? - Yes, just not quite as fast as I would like.
Am I compromising? - If anyone here thinks driving around in a C8 (of any configuration) is somehow a 'compromise', they should be rethinking their values.
All Corvettes are nice - some are just nicer than others.

Until only a few months ago I would have guessed the wait time on the car of your dreams was measured in months, not years.
Unfortunately, reality stepped into the equation, resulting in some significant adjustments in my game plan.
Does this mean I have given up on my 'dream car'?
Hell, no - It's on order, exactly as I want it (a list at least).
Does the wait time present a major crisis in my life?
Only if I were to allow it to.
I learned a very long time ago that finding solutions is a lot more productive than whining about the problem.
Ultimately, my goal is a fully loaded Z06 or E-Ray, at a price I can live with.
To get around the timing issue, I have just purchased a slightly used C8 LT1 Stingray convertible - that's for now.
When one of my lists (2) comes through for a C8 LT3 Stingray convertible (optioned as I want), I will take it - that's for 2 years from now.
When one of my lists (3 x 2) comes through for a Z06 or E-Ray convertible, (optioned as I want), I will take it - that's for 4 (or 5) years from now.
Am I getting what I want? - Yes, just not quite as fast as I would like.
Am I compromising? - If anyone here thinks driving around in a C8 (of any configuration) is somehow a 'compromise', they should be rethinking their values.
All Corvettes are nice - some are just nicer than others.
Not all of us are going to live forever, unlike some on here, it appears?
SInce it's an internet forum, I/we choose to vent to the like minded about the frustration with the ever lengthening delays from order to delivery.
Speaking for myself, of course. Nothing more, nothing less. No harm intended.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.