C8 Z06 1LZ Coupe for sale $295,000 that was sold for $154,753.95 out the door with luxury tax and sales tax

IMG_0906.jpeg

and

$329,800 for a Coupe 2LZ Z06

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/chevrolet/corvette/north york/ontario/5_58604098_20111115101047209/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=xpl&pc=L2P 0E5&sprx=-2&nobar=1

Last edited:
That's insane but, since it's looking like I won't get a 2023 allocation, I'm looking at a 2024 best case scenario. Price increase and all not a problem. However, since GM/Mary Barra et al will be pushing the E-Ray, and ramping up it's production, I'm not likely to see a new C8 Stingray, possibly in my lifetime. I guess I left it too late in life to get the Corvette bug. Again. Shame, as I was really looking forward to it, but being realistic and knowing my local dealer gets a very limited annual allocation, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope. Pray for me my brothers...

Why would it not have a bearing??? On the trailer right now there's 2 Z06s. 1 ends tomorrow sitting at US$185k that's near $252k CAD the other one is currently at US$150k ($204k CAD) and doesn't end for another 3 days. For sure there will be more bids as both auctions end and I believe they could get close to what the Canuck Z06's are listed for.

For the right car C7 ZR1 prices are still up there.

Why would it not have a bearing??? On the trailer right now there's 2 Z06s. 1 ends tomorrow sitting at US$185k that's near $252k CAD the other one is currently at US$150k ($204k CAD) and doesn't end for another 3 days. For sure there will be more bids as both auctions end and I believe they could get close to what the Canuck Z06's are listed for.

For the right car C7 ZR1 prices are still up there.
Because those are US cars for sale in USA, if the prices match after converting USD to CAD doesn’t mean that Canadian buyers pool and Canadian allocations are the same or even close.

C7 prices are statistically insignificant as they have only word “corvette” in the name in common with the C8.

Those 2 Canadian Z06s have started the “market”, now it’s up to the Canadian Buyers pool to vote with their wallets what the Canadian Z06 is really worth.

At this time, my guess is $75K over what was MSRP+ Lux tax + sales tax is the Canadian used price.

Give it time, some of those US cars will be up here FS and they will still be priced at what a Canadian version might be or more. If the US hammer price on those Z06's get close to the selling price of the Canadian cars they will actually be more costly to buy if a Canadian person purchased them and imports the car here.

They'll pay.........the selling price (converted to CAD) + luxury tax because the car was never registered or licensed in Canada + regular 13% tax + whatever you might need to do to it for it to be compliant with Canadian laws.

I thought Canadian model used cars don't have a luxury tax only new Canadian vehicles over $100k. So if those 2 Canuck Z06's are sold as used cars (looks like they are since 1 has 300kms and the other is under 100kms) there should not be lux tax.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Give it time, some of those US cars will be up here FS and they will still be priced at what a Canadian version might be or more. If the US hammer price on those Z06's get close to the selling price of the Canadian cars they will actually be more costly to buy if a Canadian person purchased them and imports the car here.

They'll pay.........the selling price (converted to CAD) + luxury tax because the car was never registered or licensed in Canada + regular 13% tax + whatever you might need to do to it for it to be compliant with Canadian laws.

I thought Canadian model used cars don't have a luxury tax only new Canadian vehicles over $100k. So if those 2 Canuck Z06's are sold as used cars (looks like they are since 1 has 300kms and the other is under 100kms) there should not be lux tax.
But the 1st owner had to pay Lux tax so they would want to get that money back + the profit.

Well yeah, with the market the way it is if you had a C8 Z06 and want to sell would you not want all the money that the car could bring? Just like me with my ZR1 I see what they are priced at and mine is listed accordingly. A buyer can always say no to buying these cars at those prices and you as a seller if you are in the position where you don't need to sell you just hang on to the car and enjoy it. I had a buyer offer me $40k over my total purchase price of my ZR1 and turned it down. His offer price to me is what he can buy a ZR1 missing some desirable options my car has with about 3 times the mileage of my car. If I sold the car to him I'll see an ad a week or two later on AT or BAT listing my old car for my desired selling price or more.

I have a feeling the Platinum car could be a US vehicle, a lot of the cars they sell are US models. Just a hunch.

Well yeah, with the market the way it is if you had a C8 Z06 and want to sell would you not want all the money that the car could bring? Just like me with my ZR1 I see what they are priced at and mine is listed accordingly. A buyer can always say no to buying these cars at those prices and you as a seller if you are in the position where you don't need to sell you just hang on to the car and enjoy it. I had a buyer offer me $40k over my total purchase price of my ZR1 and turned it down. His offer price to me is what he can buy a ZR1 missing some desirable options my car has with about 3 times the mileage of my car. If I sold the car to him I'll see an ad a week or two later on AT or BAT listing my old car for my desired selling price or more.

I have a feeling the Platinum car could be a US vehicle, a lot of the cars they sell are US models. Just a hunch.
So what stops you from listing your car on BAT?

This video just popped up on my YT, if a C8 Z06 came up FS here in Canada loaded up like the one in the video what do you think it will be listed for?? It'll make the $300k+ price of the Platinum car look like loose change.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Offer and demand, listed price don’t mean sold price. Whether it’s real estate, art or cars.

I saw two used C8 priced above market; they just got relisted at market price.

Can’t blame them for trying but I’d never buy at such a premium. Despite rarity, it’s pretty much garanteed to be a losing proposition. On top, unlikely insurance would cover paid price if anything happened.

Reactions: 12cents
Platinum's site states "no haggle pricing" so what they list cars for most likely that's what they will sell for. Not saying it's right but it's their car and they will sell it for what they want to sell it for. You can always go in there and see how far below their list price you can knock them down to and get back to us after you buy.

Insurance will cover the price you pay for the vehicle ALA you insure it properly. On new cars in Ontario make sure you get the 43 endorsement. In the fine print there will be the legal crap where they will pay the lowest of 3 possible scenarios. You can pay half a mil on your new Z06 and it gets totalled. If they can get you an exact replacement car brand new from GM and it costs $250k that's what they will do. You still spent 500k on your totalled car and you will get an exact replacement paid for by insurance for half. You will still have your car via insurance payout. If you want the full 500k collector/specialty insurance would be your best bet.

Platinum's site states "no haggle pricing" so what they list cars for most likely that's what they will sell for. Not saying it's right but it's their car and they will sell it for what they want to sell it for. You can always go in there and see how far below their list price you can knock them down to and get back to us after you buy.

Insurance will cover the price you pay for the vehicle ALA you insure it properly. On new cars in Ontario make sure you get the 43 endorsement. In the fine print there will be the legal crap where they will pay the lowest of 3 possible scenarios. You can pay half a mil on your new Z06 and it gets totalled. If they can get you an exact replacement car brand new from GM and it costs $250k that's what they will do. You still spent 500k on your totalled car and you will get an exact replacement paid for by insurance for half. You will still have your car via insurance payout. If you want the full 500k collector/specialty insurance would be your best bet.
So, don't total your car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.