I totally agree that the communication during all of this has been lacking on all fronts. For the life of me I do not understand why they would not have a customer facing web portal from the BWG plant that would track information in real time. Would certainly remove the burden of daily calls to concierge from all that are following their status.
I've been lamenting this since I placed my order! It's not rocket science and SO easy to do!

Reactions: ABC
Don't quote me (cuz I'm quoting you ;) ) BUT I believe the concierge also has that info.
Damn you Murray!!!! LOL I just called order management. The good news is 5ZZ is still showing on my car. The bad news is now my TPW of July 20th has been shifted to August 10th for crying out loud!!!! :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: Gilles27 and ABC
Damn you Murray!!!! LOL I just called order management. The good news is 5ZZ is still showing on my car. The bad news is now my TPW of July 20th has been shifted to August 10th for crying out loud!!!! :mad:
I'll trade you my August 24th for your August 10th? ;)
Don't forget my prediction that TPW's will condense after BG picks up steam. I am beginning to wonder, though, if there are too many Torch Red cars. All of them seem to have been pushed back. Mine was 2 months out when BG shut down, and is now 3 months out at restart.

When the shutdown happened for all companies, they had to start what-if-ing would happen when and how. If it was me I'd pick the worst case restart date and redo all the TPW's so I could be prepared once things restarted. That's what I think GM did. They would have had to prepare for different situations. That's why I think the farther the TPW is from today, the more fluid it is. It all depends on suppliers though. Perhaps the convertible gear company hasn't restarted yet. That would push some verts back to August 10th as an example.

I'll trade you my August 24th for your August 10th? ;)
Don't forget my prediction that TPW's will condense after BG picks up steam. I am beginning to wonder, though, if there are too many Torch Red cars. All of them seem to have been pushed back. Mine was 2 months out when BG shut down, and is now 3 months out at restart.
So I just got off the chevrolet.ca after a "chat with Dom" He confirms that my TPW is now July 13th, 2020. This is back a week from my previous information so perhaps this is the new accurate target? I can only hope! fingers crossed.

So I just got off the chevrolet.ca after a "chat with Dom" He confirms that my TPW is now July 13th, 2020. This is back a week from my previous information so perhaps this is the new accurate target? I can only hope! fingers crossed.
When did you last speak with them / get your TPW?

May 6th was my last update prior to the new date given today.

May 6th was my last update prior to the new date given today.

Ha. Checked my past emails. Looks like I check also on May 22 and was told July 13 then too. So no new news for me. Here I was getting excited. Any news on what today’s numbers were?

Looks like Jeff from WN just posts and drops. I haven't heard anything from WN about the status of my car. Not a peep.
Ya, my TPW is still July 20th for my vert which is good cause its the start of vert production. I just want WN to check my build sheet to see if my high wing was removed by GM or if it's still there. But I got zero communication from anyone there. They should be at least touching base with their customers to update them with anything... even if its nothing.
My guy, Bob, at WN called me June 26th to inform me they were producing C8 again. It was the second time he's called since I ordered last July. I use to call him more but have since given up as he knows very little. It was a 30 second call that felt like it was rushed, like he had more calls to make? He also told me I am still at 3000 and he should have more information in a few weeks... Goodby... lol.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Sparro
My guy, Bob, at WN called me June 26th to inform me they were producing C8 again. It was the second time he's called since I ordered last July. I use to call him more but have since given up as he knows very little. It was a 30 second call that felt like it was rushed, like he had more calls to make? He also told me I am still at 3000 and he should have more information in a few weeks... Goodby... lol.
Sorry, that was suppose to read May 26th... not June 26th.

Cant wait to see what Mike G posts as yesterdays VINs completed. I ran my numbers to guesstimate my target VIN based on previously issued TPW and 3000 Status.
I havee listed chart below. My VIN should be between 8223 and 9123 based on the old 900/week production numbers. So we shall see if that holds up given the restart.

Calculation of VINs by C8 Production Schedule
PRE COVID SHUTDOWN
Ending VIN March 20 2823

Week Ending Planned
Ending VIN Production Qty
Mar-20 2823
Mar-27 3723 900
Apr-03 4623 900
Apr-10 5523 900
Apr-17 6423 900
Apr-24 7323 900
May-01 8223 900
May-08 9123 900 ABC Original TPW

Reactions: Sparro
Jun 1st > 50 built 🔫

Shift 2 starts Jul 6th?
DEC orders won't be complete 'til mid-July w/deliveries into August

Target Production Period
JAN > Jul-Aug
FEB > Aug-Sep
MAR > Sep-Oct

DEC DOSP > TPW 7/13
sr.PNG

Jun 1st > 50 built 🔫

Shift 2 starts Jul 6th?
DEC orders won't be complete 'til mid-July w/deliveries into August

Target Production Period
JAN > Jul-Aug
FEB > Aug-Sep
MAR > Sep-Oct

DEC DOSP > TPW 7/13
View attachment 40821
Thanks for the update. Not happy to see only 50 off the line. Was hoping for a larger number say 75? At this rate I will be lucky if I am driving in November! There is simply no way the math works IMHO. Even with a second shift in July. So we get to 100 cars per day? There are only 110 weekdays between June 1st and Nov 2nd so at 110 days of production. So June to July 6 is 25 days at single shift= 1,250 Then 85 days at 100/day = 8,500 so a total of 9,750? I hope they get the line speed up soon. Fingers crossed that today hits 75.
At least at 75/shift there is a chance to hit numbers with some OT. Working back from the back log of approx 17,000 cars they say they will build before MYE, they need to produce an average of 155/day and that is not taking out the stat holidays.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.