Yes, I did paint, I painted in the main spray booth for about 6 months, then I walked out and said that working on the line was slave labour; then labour relations asked me if I would be interested in a Supervisory position, and as they say, the rest is history. Yes, Dino did retire if he is still alive who knows. Most of my colleagues have died. I guess I am the lucky one.
I don't remember 3 hours ago, but I remember your paint story........go figure.
I didn't notice dino's name in the bi monthly union rag.
Still keep in touch with a couple old friends, but most are on the wrong side of the lawn.

On topic. I don't think quality issues will arise even if green line workers. Everything has a hydraulic lift now days. Automation / button pushing has taken over things we used to hand bomb. I still have sore shoulders from those gas tanks in the old LTD's we had to lift in, as the car whizzed by overhead.

Yes, it was hard laborious work, but, one could put down 30 years with a steady income, as the robotics have taken over, one is lucky to have several years without major layoffs.

Reactions: Cruzin
So they'll get another government bailout if things go really bad. Too large of a company to let it sink. Too many people directly or indirectly employed by GM. There is always the possibility of a takeover. Maybe Citroen is interested. :ROFL:

So they'll get another government bailout if things go really bad. Too large of a company to let it sink. Too many people directly or indirectly employed by GM. There is always the possibility of a takeover. Maybe Citroen is interested. :ROFL:
Or Toyota. I'm not too sure if the USA or Canada will bail them out again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.