BANNED
Sep 13, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
▶ $ICAMOU$ ◀
Province
BC
Stay tuned > strike enters week #5...earliest TPW is now Jan 20th
Possible short model year w/decreased production or a later start for '21?

Last edited:
Reactions: tyho
My dealer in Kentucky where I have placed my order for a C8 advised me last week that the Corvette plant still has to build 600 C7’s before they change over to build the C8.

GM must have a helluva lot of stock laying around, or you'd think they'd have settled this by now. The strike (in the co's eyes) has very, very little impact on the new vet. Pickups and xovers are their bread & butter. What happens when dealer inventory (2020 models) runs out? Ford and FCS ramp up extra overtime and their sales go up.
I find it unusual that someone gave an actual date for the delayed release!
Do they know something about when the strike is over that hasn't been published?
This strike could go on until the spring.

GM must have a helluva lot of stock laying around, or you'd think they'd have settled this by now. The strike (in the co's eyes) has very, very little impact on the new vet. Pickups and xovers are their bread & butter. What happens when dealer inventory (2020 models) runs out? Ford and FCS ramp up extra overtime and their sales go up.
I find it unusual that someone gave an actual date for the delayed release!
Do they know something about when the strike is over that hasn't been published?
This strike could go on until the spring.

Agreed...the general public and the average GM consumer does not give a Shite about the new vette...irrelevant

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Looking at the big picture, I agree. 99% of all GM buyers buy what is on the lot and the dealerships will trade to satisfy their buyers... With all the buyer incentives at this time I must concur.

Totally agree. In 2018, GM sold 2,954,037 vehicles in the USA. Only 18,791, or 0.6% of all vehicles were Corvettes.

My initial TPW was given as first week in December and from all the sources on the net (Kerbeck being a major one), it looked like originally that was to be the first week. The US Corvette forums have a large number of TPW's reported, so it's not hard to figure out.

So, with my TPW being shifted to the first week in February it's a reasonable assumption that the whole plan was shifted by 2 months.

The last Kerbeck update did show 2 cars in the last week of January, but that was 10 days ago. Until there's a new update it's possible that they were an anomaly. Other than those 2 cars the earliest starts on their list (which looks to be 100+ orders with TPWs) is the first week in February. Kerbeck order list

Sorry, I hadn't had my coffee yet. Forgot we already had this conversation. Thought you were someone else and that the TPW had been pushed back AGAIN since this initial 2-month delay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.