Make it look like this....then you have a winner....View attachment 33006
I actually have come to quite like my C7 tail lights but I will ote that my C6 lights were better for taking kewl reflection pictures....

DSCN1645.JPG

I called my dealer today to change my 5ZU High Wing Spoiler painted in body colour to 5ZZ High Wing Spoiler painted in Carbon Flash Metallic and he says the system won't let him make the change without adding "required option code". He said the cheapest one was wheel lock nuts. This doesn't sound right to me, can anyone comment on this?

I called my dealer today to change my 5ZU High Wing Spoiler painted in body colour to 5ZZ High Wing Spoiler painted in Carbon Flash Metallic and he says the system won't let him make the change without adding "required option code". He said the cheapest one was wheel lock nuts. This doesn't sound right to me, can anyone comment on this?

Your dealer is full of it! Many have ordered it and no such foolishness

I'm looking at my build sheet right now and I see a code I don't think belongs and "might" be causing the conflict.
Its "DRG - Outside Rear View Mirrors, Carbon Fibre Flash Painted". I don't have any carbon fibre on my car, could that be the issue?

These two options do not have any relation to each other. They will not be forcing another accessory to be included.

@Sparro

We just had our first NZZ High Wing Spoiler in Carbon Flash ordered and our dealer principal had the same issue - for some reason, in Order Workbench, NZZ will not be accepted unless you select another LPO. We don't understand it but we will be looking into it. He added Wheel Locks, as they are the least expensive option, and it was accepted.

Very strange.

• Winner
Reactions: OttawaKev
@Sparro

We just had our first NZZ High Wing Spoiler in Carbon Flash ordered and our dealer principal had the same issue - for some reason, in Order Workbench, NZZ will not be accepted unless you select another LPO. We don't understand it but we will be looking into it. He added Wheel Locks, as they are the least expensive option, and it was accepted.

Very strange.
Hey thanks for that heads up EJ. That's exactly what my guy did too. There was no issue when I had NZU selected, but when I decided I wanted all black NZZ needed another LPO. Very strange indeed!

Reactions: EJChevy
Same with me I added Splash guards for $145 with is very cheap sells for ($250 U.S) and worked fine
Thats good to know. I was thinking about adding the splash guards. Might as well pay for something I will actually use instead of something I don't want to use.

Reactions: EJChevy
Sparro,
I really enjoy this forum and have learned a lot about the C8 but I asked this same question on Dec.14 about not being able to add it to my order and maybe needing to do it through the parts department as a LPO. As EJCHEVY works at a dealer and not sure about NOSOUPFORU call out your dealer as "being full of it" when many have had this same issue goes back to "take everything with a grain of salt" makes info on a forum less factual. I'm sure if someone said Bill Spencer Chevrolet was full of s**t right or wrong Eric wouldn't be happy . I don't know EJ at all and I do find his comments usually informative if I was him I wouldn't slander other dealers on this forum it's just bad business.

My 2cents
Gilles

nice to see that guys are still debating about taillights. haha. went through the same thing back in '13 when I ordered my C7. some guys hated the new look other guys like it. I will say I'm good with the square design. love the rounds on my C2 and C3 but the new design looks sleek as well

Reactions: Gilles27 and Sparro
I ordered the high wing and I think it will look nice. was going to wait and see what ACS Composites will have but for only $950 I bought it.

I ordered the high wing and I think it will look nice. was going to wait and see what ACS Composites will have but for only $950 I bought it.
Why $950 depending on the optional colour you got would be $425 or $670, I wasn't going to order it because it cost $1150 in the U.S so was figuring around $1500 here. At $670 it wasn't a risk if I don't like it I can put my Z51 spoiler back on and sell the high one on ebay to someone in the states

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread