Not to put a damper on FCPP or extended warranties but a couple of warnings related to me from a recently retired GM service manager regarding FCPP. If you are counting on the rebate at the end if you do not use the warranty, be cautious throughout the years. Any use of the roadside assistance that the plan comes with will negate your rebate. Also, if you have a service problem, the first thing they ask is "is this under warranty". The FCPP plan, no matter how many years the plan is, begins the day you bought the car, not after the GM warranty runs out. If you say yes, they will diagnose the problem which may result in a $20.00 warranty fix but that also negates your rebate. Lastly, put the expiry date in your smart phone calendar or somewhere to remind you when the warranty runs out. They will not just just send you a rebate or remind you. You have 60 days to contact them and submit a claim or no rebate.
People should try to wave that $2000 rebate to get a better price from the getgo

People should try to wave that $2000 rebate to get a better price from the getgo
Agree. But a better price from the get-go is easy. There's a huge markup on the rates and it doesn't take much negotiation to to get $800 to $1000 off the initial quoted price. Once you get that far, then drop the no rebate on them and see if you can save some more. I went from $3200 to $2500 in a matter of minutes and still walked.

the GM extended warranty is 100% markup so do the math really not hard, you can buy it from any GM dealer it doesn't matter once you decide which plan you want you can call the business manager and ask them for a price instead of making $2,000 profit the guy is on the phone with you for 10 minutes and he makes $500 and you save $1,500. Make sure when they show you the pricing it's the pricing from GM not an dealership document. all you need is the serial number of your car and you are good to go.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
the GM extended warranty is 100% markup so do the math really not hard, you can buy it from any GM dealer it doesn't matter once you decide which plan you want you can call the business manager and ask them for a price instead of making $2,000 profit the guy is on the phone with you for 10 minutes and he makes $500 and you save $1,500. Make sure when they show you the pricing it's the pricing from GM not an dealership document. all you need is the serial number of your car and you are good to go.
That’s exactly what I did, 10 minutes with no BS and saved 2000$

2491$ +tax, 84 month- 80km, EPP, 100$ deductible. I am well aware of the potential worthlessness of the extended warranties, but for 2500$ I had to go for it.
That's pretty much what I paid. I also don't regret it. My sister has a 3 yr old Grand Caravan (bought new in 2017) with 125,000kms and the transmission and torque converter just crapped out. Needs $4000 or more in repairs. It's past the basic Chrysler warranty so not covered. Her dealer sold her a 5 yr (from new) 100,000km extended "bumper to bumper" warranty, which basically extended the 3/60 to 5/100. Unfortunately, when she bought the car she took her 6 yr daughter who was quite a handful, so my sister agreed to whatever, and they hosed her.
Anyway, can't imagine that repairs on the C8 would be cheaper than a Grand Caravan! So, I have no regrets.

Reactions: JR410
Got called in to BC on Monday and did all the ordering paper work and after some strong worded No'S l got what l wanted a strait 1LT with Z51 and mag ride black on black and factory rims. l was told that l was going to be the last person allowed to order a 1lt because they make no money on them. Then the sales manager tried to get me to buy a 6 year GM extended warrantee for 3400$ and 1800$ super duper ceramic job. l got out of the warrantee by asking him if it would cover the twin turbos l was putting on after the break in and if my purple wrap would look better with the ceramic finish. After that we were done folks . So l guess after 14 months l am at 3000.

Reactions: OL Yeller and JR410
I did not bother with the Extended Warranty. I get that I am exposing myself but my experience has always been that if there is warranty on the car, the dealership always finds something to fix and bill it on the warranty. It is a money maker for the dealerships. No shortage of stories of third party insurers that have been fleeced by the system of bogus warranty work on policies. I am planning on keeping the car for the duration, do it runs out eventually.

Should show a pic of the new whip. Drove it out of the showroom, turned right, moved forward 100 mtrs to the trailer headed for PPF/ceramic
20201218_135016.jpg
20201218_130206.jpg

Attachments

• 20201218_130206.jpg
    20201218_130206.jpg
    836.9 KB · Views: 17
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.